Current frost mage is so unfun to vs

Arenas
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
rmp pretty gross atm, but its prepatch
08/12/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Civelle
its only really at the top of the ladder that frost mages are oppressive when they are good and thats cause you sometimes need to maintain a brain wave while playing them and if you can do that against the onslaught of brainlesss everyone gets mad and then we have to bring in our overlords the lock/shaman to put them in their place

Keep your rationale to yourself. Your class makes you wrong and terrible.
08/10/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Shiyolangley
08/10/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Abombanation

Some people need for their class to be God tier to land kills. However Mages are on a different level right now not sure how they are going live. Clearly the most unfun things to even try to go against. Can't even play your character against one.

They need some MASSIVE nerfs in several areas so that way BFA can be fun for other classes to play.

You need to stop.
Nothing changed, mages actually didn't gain any CC in this expac. Moonkins have more CC and are better at keeping you unable to play your character. Put bladestorm and avatar on your bars, as well as pvp trinket.

Frost mages are not overpowered, they're simply PLAYABLE and usable in PvP. They are a well designed caster. Do you want this entire game to be nothing but melee cleaves? That'd be REALLY boring.

Understand this is an RPG and classes/specs need to have unique roles and niches or it'll be boring.

Frost mages are anti melee, but they really do get chewed up by other ranged. I can't think of a single ranged spec that frost has the edge on. Which makes perfect sense, because so much of their power lies in controlling melee classes.

The melee tears in this thread are delectable.
08/11/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Guccisenpai
PLEASE play a mage id love to watch you fall over like a sack of potatoes.

If I played a Mage nothing would touch me and that is pretty unfun. That is why I enjoy melee and wearing a Shield. I like being in the middle of the mix.

It's really not that hard as a Mage to kite guys lol. Seriously. Especially when you have infinite tools to stop anything.
08/12/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Abombanation
08/11/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Guccisenpai
PLEASE play a mage id love to watch you fall over like a sack of potatoes.

If I played a Mage nothing would touch me and that is pretty unfun. That is why I enjoy melee and wearing a Shield. I like being in the middle of the mix.

It's really not that hard as a Mage to kite guys lol. Seriously. Especially when you have infinite tools to stop anything.

Lol Infinite tools
They need to either lose some of their control, or lose some of their defensives. It's absolutely ridiculous trying to fight them as melee right now. Even if you ever manage to connect to them, they just temp shield or iceblock anyway.

Making frost lose access to shimmer and/or getting rid of that root on ice nova would be a good start (I think it's ice nova anyway, I haven't played a mage).
08/13/2018 02:42 AMPosted by Yuck
They need to either lose some of their control, or lose some of their defensives. It's absolutely ridiculous trying to fight them as melee right now. Even if you ever manage to connect to them, they just temp shield or iceblock anyway.

Making frost lose access to shimmer and/or getting rid of that root on ice nova would be a good start (I think it's ice nova anyway, I haven't played a mage).

Frost mage is the second squishiest caster, only above warlock which has essentially no defenses.
Moonkins and elemental shaman are both in essentially plate with their DR levels(shield and for moonkin, +def bonus) with actual buttons that give DAMAGE REDUCTION. Shadow priest is basically invincible if it sits at 100 void with that pvp talent that gives 20% DR.

Kiting, snaring, being slippery. That is frost mages unique flavor. This is an rpg, get used to it.
65% spammable slow,3 roots, 2 ice blocks, temp shield, spammable cc, shimmer just incase they get their blink forced before the gap closer, and oh dont forget their 100-0 1shot from all instant casts. Seems perfectly fine, move along trolls.
If you're getting 100-0ed by a frost mages instant casts, you're level 10.

The roots are on a DR and a lengthy cooldown. You also give up 65% snare if you take 3 roots. Druid has TWO forms of spammable CC. Nearly all melee have more gap closers than shimmer. A kiting mage does zero damage.

Just stop.
xaryu's burst combo doesnt include 1 casted spell. this is an arena forum not a 1v1 forum his combo does like 60-70% of someones hp and his partner fills in the rest
shutcher mouf
08/13/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Shiyolangley
Frost mage is the second squishiest caster, only above warlock which has essentially no defenses.

You saying Locks aren't going to be Super Tanky live lords in BFA? That would be welcomed again. They took less dmg than plate in recent expansions. So tired of Locks being a better Tank.
why are blizzcon mages and multi r1 mages saying mage is way too strong atm but all the rival mages on the forums just say " no no irbestmage maguz are fine its a gitgud". im all for classes have soft counters but frost doesnt counter a certain spec or class it counters an entire archtype
08/13/2018 05:02 AMPosted by Seyòn
65% spammable slow,3 roots, 2 ice blocks, temp shield, spammable cc, shimmer just incase they get their blink forced before the gap closer, and oh dont forget their 100-0 1shot from all instant casts. Seems perfectly fine, move along trolls.

08/13/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Seyòn
xaryu's burst combo doesnt include 1 casted spell. this is an arena forum not a 1v1 forum his combo does like 60-70% of someones hp and his partner fills in the rest

Indeed Mage is Super broke. It's a free win when playing with one.
i swear you guys put too much stock in what other people say and don't even try to counter what you're complaining about.

i felt like playing boomy yesterday instead of my mage, so was running boomy/arms/disc or hpal just chillin havin fun. rmx would !@#$in smash us unless they were brain dead and messed up, so we swapped to boomy/sub/disc and that was a game changer.

is it a hard counter to rmp ? nah but it gives you more of a chance. my whole thing is, could i have just logged on my mage and mirrored the rmxs and probably beaten the ones queing? sure but why not just play what you want to and try to figure out ways to beat them.

ranting but if u only play a prot warrior and are going to whine about frost mage or only play a melee and whine about the class built to literally counter your existence u prob should just stop

vineyards everywhere lately
08/13/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Tomatosaucin
i felt like playing boomy yesterday instead of my mage, so was running boomy/arms/disc or hpal just chillin havin fun. rmx would !@#$in smash us unless they were brain dead and messed up, so we swapped to boomy/sub/disc and that was a game changer.

Think you are missing the point though. The topic is Mage is sooo Unfun to vs. It makes people want to uninstall because they can't play their character and have zero ways to counter them. If Boomy/sub smashes you it still would be more fun to face. It is a game and it shouldn't feel painful to play. It should be fun.

They don't have to make any Class overbearing or make you log off because you rather hump sand paper then go another minute against it.

Think people rather get globaled at least it is over quickly. Then sitting there waiting to play the game in without any counters. Key word there without any way to counter it!

08/13/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Tomatosaucin
ranting but if u only play a prot warrior and are going to whine about frost mage or only play a melee and whine about the class built to literally counter your existence u prob should just stop

What I play doesn't matter. We are looking at class design from an outside perspective looking in. Mages have to much and it doesn't make sense. It's been stated in here if you want that much control then you need to lose some mobility. If you want that much mobility then you need to lose some damage.

As far as countering is concerned X class shouldn't always beat X class. That is totally what we don't want and bad game design if that is happening. We want players to be able to counter the other player because they played better.

Please step away from the Rock, Paper, Scissor mantra that has become really bad in the recent years and lets go back to where player skill and ability to counter was what is important.

So in order to achieve this Mages need to lose some things and other Casters, Melee need to gain some abilities to better counter other players. Lets have a game of skill instead of X wins because you decided to make it in the character screen.

That is all

The Abomb- 1 You- 0
I honestly hate how you cant avoid mages ice nova comet storm burst that eats 40% hp minimum easily (thats in prepatch) and i dunno how it is at 120. You can only cloak or get heals. Nothing else snd they have it evety 30 sec too LoL.
This thread still going!? Are the complaints still based on pre-patch or 120 beta?

If damage complaints are based on live/pre-patch, just wanted to give some actual data.

Real quick burst comparison using Orb -> Comet Storm -> Ice Nova -> Lance x2:
At 110 (30,000 or so HP pools):
Orb (if you sit in full duration): 12000
Comet Storm (full 7 hits): 9000
Ice Nova (crit): 5800
Ice Lance x2 (crits) : 7000 [3500 each]
Total: 33800
This ends up 100-0 anyone that doesn't use any defensives

At 120 using Ice Lance Azerite Traits(140k or so HP pools):
Orb (if you sit in full duration): 25000
Comet Storm (full 7 hits): 15000
Ice Nova (crit): 10000
Ice Lance x2 (crits) : 30000 [15000 each]
Total: 80000
This ends up being less than 60% of HP pool, which is still a lot, but that is without avoiding ANY of it. Sitting in a full duration orb and getting all 7 CS hits is pretty rare too.

Bottom line is that there is a significant difference between the 2. I'm sure people will still debate the overall state of the class, but I wanted to highlight the difference between pre-patch and 120.
the problem is none of those are casted. so your teammate cant even kick them to break them up. and you saw sitting in the damage but between his roots and slow keeping you in it god forbid he is playing with a rogue or stuns you in it. If they had to cast something it would be diff but burst would still be a little too high for 5 globals. but even aff lock the king of insta casts have to cast their burst. We have been in a world were frost main dmg was in the form of instant casts before and it crowds out other casters and hard counters melee.
why should any spec be fun to play against? You're supposed to outplay people, not turn your brain off and do your pve rotation.