How to Roleplay a Lawful Good Paladin?

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Hi everyone! I love making story’s and role playing is one of my favorite hobby’s. I only have 1 char which is Vel and I use totalrp3 to make her story and such. My character is lawful good but I want to know if there are anyways To improve a lawful good character and make them more Paladin like?
By definition a paladin exemplifies lawful good, where your normal good citizen lives by the law and helps when they can. A paladin goes out of their way to do good In their communities/country.

What differentiates a paladin from a cleric or priest is generally a more martial or military focus, along with a code of conduct.
08/13/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Rayha
By definition a paladin exemplifies lawful good, where your normal good citizen lives by the law and helps when they can. A paladin goes out of their way to do good In their communities/country.

What differentiates a paladin from a cleric or priest is generally a more martial or military focus, along with a code of conduct.
I gotcha. Ty for responding I always like playing the good guy so paladin seemed like the perfect fit :P
Steve Rogers is probably the best recent movie example.
I should point out that most Blood Elf paladins are probably NOT lawful good. They were stealing their light from an imprisoned Naaru after all, and can only really claim they "repented" when they helped to take back the Sunwell... for themselves.

Inherent goodness (being a lack of cruelty, heightened empathy, etc.) aren't prerequisites for channeling the light. You just need to believe what you're using it for is right.

Blood Elf paladins certainly believe themselves righteous, and I'm sure many of them are, but they will need to jump through some serious mental hoops in order to justify acting on behalf of Sylvanas. I'm sure they tell themselves they are protecting their homeland and so on... but the girl is raising undead, something ALL paladins should be universally opposed to. Hard to claim lawful good when you continue to be at the beck-and-call of an undead psycho with intentions to cull all life.
08/14/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Bankotsü
I'm sure they tell themselves they are protecting their homeland and so on... but the girl is raising undead, something ALL paladins should be universally opposed to. Hard to claim lawful good when you continue to be at the beck-and-call of an undead psycho with intentions to cull all life.

All Alliance paladins, sure. Blood Elf paladins are traditionally Blood Knights, the very Naaru suckers you described. I find it fairly unlikely they'd be absolutely appalled at such a thing. There might be some reservations, sure, but two of them in a room talking about it would probably at some point shrug and ago, "I mean, we essentially ate a deity."

Two Sunwalkers on the other had would be fairly against it, but those are tauren as a whole not just paladins. Their moral codes as a people come into effect. That said, Sunwalkers aren't necessarily lawful good either. Lawful neutral or neutral good. They act preciously to bring balance against druids and Mu'sha (Elune)

Prelates, Zandalari paladins, are all loa based. We've seen the large variety in how trolls and their Loa view the world, or even the undead. Some like the Farakki use and revere them. The Amani seem to have a curious view towards them all. Though there is a lack of information.

So in short, and to answer the OP: Take every law Silvermoon or the Blood Knights would have (unless you're an Argent or something) and enforce it to the T. Be uncompromising in what you believe what is true/good. There is no grey area, only right or wrong.
[
All Alliance paladins, sure. Blood Elf paladins are traditionally Blood Knights, the very Naaru suckers you described. I find it fairly unlikely they'd be absolutely appalled at such a thing. There might be some reservations, sure, but two of them in a room talking about it would probably at some point shrug and ago, "I mean, we essentially ate a deity."

Well if you follow lore M'uru fed himself to the blood knights. M'uru aka Naaru Jesus.
Blood elves, even worse than bankers.
08/13/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Drahliana
Steve Rogers is probably the best recent movie example.

Steve Rogers is not Lawful Good. Hes more like Neutral Good he'll put whats right ahead of the law and is fine with civil disobedience.

Superman is normally lawful good.
08/13/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Velicela
Hi everyone! I love making story’s and role playing is one of my favorite hobby’s. I only have 1 char which is Vel and I use totalrp3 to make her story and such. My character is lawful good but I want to know if there are anyways To improve a lawful good character and make them more Paladin like?

http://is2.4chan.org/tg/1535018862693.png

here is all you need to know- just follow stage 3 ;P
09/07/2018 02:05 AMPosted by Tehsa
Steve Rogers is not Lawful Good.

On the contrary, Steve Rogers is very much Lawful Good. A defining attribute of Lawful Good is that it's not "the state's laws are absolute, the state's laws are inherently Good," it's "my code of ethics is not bound by state law, even though there may be some overlap. If a person is performing evil deeds, yet remaining within the realm of law, I will still oppose that person. Because just 'lawful' is not Lawful Good."

Steve Rogers is very much pro-Law, at least, when the Law is not impeding what is Just. And that's a very important word for Lawful Good, "Just."
I advise you create a code for your character to follow and slap it into your TRP. Less for other people to know about it and more to keep you in line. For me? I use bushido.

Side note, WoW paladins are VERY different from traditional D&D paladins. Alignments and gods mean nothing to most sects of Paladins.
09/08/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Yanasa
Side note, WoW paladins are VERY different from traditional D&D paladins. Alignments and gods mean nothing to most sects of Paladins.

^ This x 10

Blood Knights especially were founded in a spirit of Retribution, and Blood Elves are currently ruled by martial law. A strict Quel'Thalassian Paladin would put "Lawful" before "Good".

That said, if one plays through the Sunwell Plateau raid instance, one witnesses the moment of Lady Liandrin's redemption. She founded the Blood Knights. The Holy Light infusing the Sunwell should tend to encourage compassion and selflessness.

But that is no sure thing. The Scarlet Crusade committed atrocities without ever losing command of or access to the Light. Prime Naaru X'era forced her will on Illidan Stormrage without his consent for what she thought was the greater good.

I think that this is best and most dynamically RPed as a tension between ideals and practicalities. Where Law conflicts with Good, where does your Paladin stand?

08/14/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Bankotsü
Hard to claim lawful good when you continue to be at the beck-and-call of an undead psycho with intentions to cull all life.

Wait for it. In Siege of Orgrimmar, we saw that a.) the Regent Lord of Quel'Thalas is fully prepared to take down a Horde Warchief who he knows is bat!@#$ crazy and b.) he does NOT unconditionally stand behind Sylvanas. If anything, my money is on him being in on whatever coup eventually takes her down, and Liandrin and the Blood Knights will be with him.

I don't say that Blood Knights are above criticism, and they are by no means governed by the same principles as the Silver Hand. But then, it was the Silver Hand that created Arthas Menethil, and who failed to stop him. That acknowleged, human Paladins don't have room to judge.
09/07/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Låatu
09/07/2018 02:05 AMPosted by Tehsa
Steve Rogers is not Lawful Good.

On the contrary, Steve Rogers is very much Lawful Good. A defining attribute of Lawful Good is that it's not "the state's laws are absolute, the state's laws are inherently Good," it's "my code of ethics is not bound by state law, even though there may be some overlap. If a person is performing evil deeds, yet remaining within the realm of law, I will still oppose that person. Because just 'lawful' is not Lawful Good."

Steve Rogers is very much pro-Law, at least, when the Law is not impeding what is Just. And that's a very important word for Lawful Good, "Just."

Steve Rogers represents the best of being a Paladin long before he got his Captain America powers. He demonstrated his willingness to stand up to bullies stronger than he was and his willingness to give his life for his comrades at the drop of a hat. Rogers is lawful because he believes in something beyond himself. For him it's clearly country and espirt de corps.