BFA WoW or Classic WoW

Classic Discussion
If you missed it, today there's a thread from a MVP asking if you will be playing current BFA WoW or Classic WoW.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767767343?page=1

You have to have an active subscription to post and comment.
Why would i willingly post on the General Discussion forums when all they do is bash people who prefer classic, and play it off as just nostalgia no matter what you tell them.
I keep forgetting BFA is a thing because I care so little about it.

I check classic forums daily because I care so much about it.
People are still talking about classic wow? thought that candle burned out.
08/13/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Hotbubble

Nope. Been burning for like a decade or more for some.
what a joke.

they're basically patting eachother on the back.

and it's funny, because during wod there were literally days when more people world wide were playing on Nost than retail servers.

I can't want to see what they have to say like a year or two from classic launch, when more people are playing classic than modern wow.
08/13/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Hotbubble

It's going to be funny after it's release, if there's more classic players than current players.

Blizzard stopped giving out the current subscriber numbers for a reason.
08/13/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Truculentt
what a joke.

and it's funny, because during wod there were literally days when more people world wide were playing on Nost than retail servers.

I can't want to see what they have to say like a year or two from classic launch, when more people are playing classic than modern wow.

Ill take that bet
BfA holds no appeal for me.
Further pruning (both abilities, and things like first aid), no flight in current content, pointless leveling (what is the purpose of leveling if your character does not grow stronger?), procedurally generated endgame content, and a completely artificially generated faction war for no purpose as a transparent means to encourage PVP (which I dislike).

I hope BfA rights itself eventually, but I am not optimistic (would require a leadership change, and reversing course on some of the recent terrible decisions).

BfA is not for me anymore. I am looking forward to giving classic a try though.
there is no 'or' for me, itis 'and'
08/13/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Truculentt
what a joke.

There was never a time when WoD was down to tens of thousands of people playing, but keep telling yourself that :)

As for the post referenced it seems mostly focused on people trying for world firsts or some such. I won't be in either setting. And to his other question I would be playing BfA because I've already played vanilla and I want to experience new content first before indulging in nostalgia.

But it's definitely not an or situation.
BFA looks fun, but I'm not going to play because I'm like 2 expansions behind at this point.
08/13/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Carnaio
You have to have an active subscription to post and comment.

I do not often resort to this, but: "LOL"

Let me whip out my credit card and resubscribe so I can be eligible to respond in that thread... one sec, BRB... 'Scuse me while I whip this out...

*"MVP" walks into clan rally*
"Hi folks, would like to find out your preferences, Caucasians versus Jamaicans"
Kind of one sided considering most people who are interested in Classic aren't subscribed to the current game because they don't like it.
If I was subscribed my answers would be:

1) Zero
2) Not applicable (see answer #1)
3) Classic only and because I have not enjoyed the game during WoD, 2nd half of Legion and BFA doesn't appeal to me

How about answering one question I have:

1) When is Classic anticipated being released to the general public?

For the Horde!
If I was subbed I’d say

1 - no
2 - no
3 - casually enjoy classic, no end game raids or PvP since it requires time I don’t have. If it was TBC, I’d probably end game casually too.
1) not me, not me, not me, not me

2) does not apply as I'm not touching retail

3) classic due to it being less likely to suck
Im calling it now but i bet a year from now this expansion is going be regarded as World of Passivecraft
08/13/2018 10:59 PMPosted by Mertesacker
Im calling it now but i bet a year from now this expansion is going be regarded as World of Passivecraft

WoD 3.0 is what I consider it..

Its like Legion, but with 50% of the PVE content.

Although the PVP is better than legion, but not by enough to actually matter.
08/13/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Härländ
08/13/2018 10:59 PMPosted by Mertesacker

WoD 3.0 is what I consider it..

Its like Legion, but with 50% of the PVE content.

Although the PVP is better than legion, but not by enough to actually matter.

I'm still trying to figure out why people care about pvp in a pve game.