Alliance Questing Boring

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
I have been watching movies while lvling. All of it is just boring nothing seems interesting. I even took a couple months break hoping to make things feel fresh. Outside of the all cins. they should leading up to it rest has been run here and there blah blah blah. Rather let down.
Yeah. Stormsong is so unbelievably dull. I'm not sure I could tell you any of the story in detail if you asked. Uh... me and whats-her-name went across a bridge and people were mad for some reason, so we fought some guys and then moved on to Generic Town 1, where... we killed animals? And then it sends you off in eight directions. One of them was towards a ship where people were actually squid-kids and they were all "WOTER!"?

I couldn't tell you why they were squids. I couldn't tell you who I was working with. I couldn't tell you what we were doing aside from splatting squids. And then you go up that way and kill more squids and then you're in an area with big elite squids that splat you if you accidentally pull one, which is super easy since enemy density is far too thick.

And then you were with some lady who sacrificed herself, which might have had an impact if you didn't just meet her 2 quests ago? And then you get a dungeon quest and then the main story of the zone is over.

Then there were bees and quillboars. Again, couldn't tell you what was happening in either, and I'm reading quest text. It's so dull. Who came up with this zone and are they ashamed of their output?
08/14/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Almaqah
Yeah. Stormsong is so unbelievably dull. I'm not sure I could tell you any of the story in detail if you asked. Uh... me and whats-her-name went across a bridge and people were mad for some reason, so we fought some guys and then moved on to Generic Town 1, where... we killed animals? And then it sends you off in eight directions. One of them was towards a ship where people were actually squid-kids and they were all "WOTER!"?

I couldn't tell you why they were squids. I couldn't tell you who I was working with. I couldn't tell you what we were doing aside from splatting squids. And then you go up that way and kill more squids and then you're in an area with big elite squids that splat you if you accidentally pull one, which is super easy since enemy density is far too thick.

And then you were with some lady who sacrificed herself, which might have had an impact if you didn't just meet her 2 quests ago? And then you get a dungeon quest and then the main story of the zone is over.

Then there were bees and quillboars. Again, couldn't tell you what was happening in either, and I'm reading quest text. It's so dull. Who came up with this zone and are they ashamed of their output?

Yep that is how it felt for me.
Are other zones better than stormsong? Cause this is absolutely killing the expansion for me. It's so god damn boring. I just killed 10 rats. They aren't even trying??
Drustvar is pretty bad also.
08/14/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Screwbáll
Are other zones better than stormsong? Cause this is absolutely killing the expansion for me. It's so god damn boring. I just killed 10 rats. They aren't even trying??
i really enjoyed drustvar
Wow, I'm having a complete 100% different experience than you are. I've absolutely and thoroughly enjoyed questing in Kul'tiras. Especially in Drustvar and Tiragarde Sound. Love the stories and quests, lots of fun.

08/14/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Tweakingx
Drustvar is pretty bad also.

Nah, Drustvar is one of the best questing zones from Blizzard in well over five years, EASILY.
Meh I think questing for the most part is boring. It is generally the same..gather 10 of this...kill 20 of this.. Not matter how you word the quest, killing 20 dino's isn't much different than killing 20 murlocs.
08/14/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Glaivedancer
Wow, I'm having a complete 100% different experience than you are. I've absolutely and thoroughly enjoyed questing in Kul'tiras. Especially in Drustvar and Tiragarde Sound. Love the stories and quests, lots of fun.

Same. I'm not finding Stormsong particularly boring either. A bit puzzled by the transplanted quillboar plot, but its a much better rendition of it than the old horde stuff.

As someone who normally turns volume down and has some video or other playing in the background, I've been surprised to find I've turned everything else off and am enjoying the atmosphere and the quests.
I've been enjoying it, sure some of it is pretty straight forward, but it's been fun. I'm just glad we're out of the 50 shades of green/gray/black we got in legion.
Hero's of Azeroth go do my fetch items for me. Kill these 10 boars, then 10 crabs. Story telling is a lot worse then MoP.
08/14/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Adralorin
i really enjoyed drustvar
I've enjoyed Drustvar but all the same something about its general flow just feels shallow or transparent. Go to village, OH NO WITCHES, pick some stuff up, kill some wicker animals, find the villagers in a basement who send you to the BAD GUY PLACE for a final battery of quests where you kill some wicker animals, pick wicker totems up off the ground, and kill some named witches with silly old timey names like Goody Sammelsen and Sister Hesse. Repeat.

And yes, I know kill quests are not new. I haven't worked out what it is about the zone that makes this repeated model stand out to me. Maybe it's how fast and easy it is, so I'm just running into the repetition more noticeably? No clue.
I've had more fun in Nazmir than I've had in any zone I can remember.
08/14/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Tweakingx
I have been watching movies while lvling. All of it is just boring nothing seems interesting. I even took a couple months break hoping to make things feel fresh. Outside of the all cins. they should leading up to it rest has been run here and there blah blah blah. Rather let down.

Not just alliance, Horde as well./ And I took a few years break for it to feel fresh.
I strongly disagree
Stormsong starts strong. But once the squid worshipper plot line is finished all that's left is various monster of the moment quest hubs for the rest of the one.

Drustvar is pretty unified in the threat from start to finish.

Tirisgarde Sound is pirates and again, monster of the moment for a good chunk. Not sure about later on in the experience.

As to "what's going on?"

Maybe if you stopped to Read the Quests instead of powering through it like an ox you may appreciate it a bit more.
08/14/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Orkuis
08/14/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Tweakingx

Not just alliance, Horde as well./ And I took a few years break for it to feel fresh.

I was hoping horde would be better. Looks like I won't rush multiple chars to max this expansion.
08/14/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Verdre
Stormsong starts strong. But once the squid worshipper plot line is finished all that's left is various monster of the moment quest hubs for the rest of the one.

Drustvar is pretty unified in the threat from start to finish.

Tirisgarde Sound is pirates and again, monster of the moment for a good chunk. Not sure about later on in the experience.

As to "what's going on?"

Maybe if you stopped to Read the Quests instead of powering through it like an ox you may appreciate it a bit more.

Guild Wars 2 has spoiled me from ever reading another quest ever again.
08/14/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Tweakingx
08/14/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Orkuis

I was hoping horde would be better. Looks like I won't rush multiple chars to max this expansion.

I think if you rush through and don't read the quests, it can be boring. But I'm taking my time, reading every quest. It's made it far more enjoyable.
But I’m fighting honey!!