Anyone seen a gay character in this xpac yet?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
Garona still grunts like a man
08/15/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Entraps
08/15/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Tobisway
It's probably more horrible being your level of willful ignorance.

Calling me ignorant? Please explain, I am open to conversations- especially if I learn something.

You won't learn anything, cause you're not open to reason. This is just a trap where you argue something without any real understanding of any of it.
Couldn't they all be gay for all we know? Not everyone puts it out there for the world to know what they do in bed... Just saying.
08/15/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Chillypaws
08/15/2018 05:39 AMPosted by Colarcus

Its not reasonable at ALL. Keep your damn sexual preferences out of our video games. You disgust me. Straight, gay, bi, i dont know, care, nor do i wish to. This isnt a romance rom com, gtfo of here with your weird sexually charged bull!@#$.

Cause we don't have hundreds of characters that are husbands and wives in this game. It's been part of Warcraft since the beginning, because romance makes character development.

But only straight romance? Why?

And it's not like Blizz as a company refuses to make gay characters (see: Overwatch)
And...Blizz will almost certainly never put a gay character into this game. I dunno why. But, they've been pretty open about Overwatch toons being lesbian...which is funny because all the character dev in that game is expositional and has nothing to do with playing the game. They created lesbian characters...on purpose, even.

@Furgnbastage
Eh, the story behind the characters kinda do matter in the game. There are plenty of hero interactions that take place that go deeper into who they are. We also get events where we play through major story events.
08/15/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Furgnbastage
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Cause we don't have hundreds of characters that are husbands and wives in this game. It's been part of Warcraft since the beginning, because romance makes character development.

And it's not like Blizz as a company refuses to make gay characters (see: Overwatch)

They'll refuse to do it in WoW because look at the player base. A simple LGBTQ related thread is ripped apart by the worst of humanity.

The "I dont' care" crowd is strangely very vocal in their opposition.
Why do you need a gay toon in the game? We don’t need to show our kids that kind of gay crap, god sent us to be man with a women, it’s in the Bible perhaps you should read it..
[quote]
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Calling me ignorant? Please explain, I am open to conversations- especially if I learn something.

You won't learn anything, cause you're not open to reason. This is just a trap where you argue something

Wait- you don’t know me but are making false stereotypes against me based on a few pixels? Sounds like you are being intolerant.

Hence the largest problem with anyone who whines- they never want to back it up or have a conversion, esp if they know they will lose.
No. Then again, I'm not going to every NPC yelling "are you gay!?".
08/15/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Ragingpowers
Why do you need a gay toon in the game? We don’t need to show our kids that kind of gay crap, god sent us to be man with a women, it’s in the Bible perhaps you should read it..

If you're playing this game, perhaps you should read your own bible. Warcraft lore is highly offensive to your religion. Also, you're ok with a game all about killing and witchcraft but same sex relationships is a problem?
08/15/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Entraps
Wait- you don’t know me but are making false stereotypes against me based on a few pixels? Sounds like you are being intolerant.

Hence the largest problem with anyone who whines- they never want to back it up or have a conversion, esp if they know they will lose.

There's no way this person is for real...

You make an inflamatory post accusing LGBT people of being mentally ill and trying to force their mental illness on others, then when some rightly calls you out on your ignorant speech, you act like you're being attacked?

Again, conservatives are the biggest snowflakes of them all. SMH...
08/15/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Chillypaws

They'll refuse to do it in WoW because look at the player base. A simple LGBTQ related thread is ripped apart by the worst of humanity.

We are the worst because we acknowledge human nature and refuse to accept the narrative that sexual activities with the same sex is normal.

I don’t care who does it and I won’t judge but I will not accept that it is normal behavior- that is my only arguement
08/15/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Knargho
No. Then again, I'm not going to every NPC yelling "are you gay!?".
"Your mother and father were murdered by quillboars? I'm sorry, but before I agree to help you, what are your sexual preferences and gender identity? Also, on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your importance to the nation as an individual?"
08/15/2018 06:06 AMPosted by Tobisway
And...Blizz will almost certainly never put a gay character into this game. I dunno why. But, they've been pretty open about Overwatch toons being lesbian...which is funny because all the character dev in that game is expositional and has nothing to do with playing the game. They created lesbian characters...on purpose, even.

Eh, the story behind the characters kinda do matter in the game. There are plenty of hero interactions that take place that go deeper into who they are. We also get events where we play through major story events.

Fair enough. That said, I dunno that Overwatch has the level of background/lore being at the core of the game the way that it is in WoW. Much of that is the different game genre, of course.

My only purpose in this thread is to agree that the question is reasonable.

I'm okay whatever the answer is from Blizz. But I see the OPs question as a legit question.
Where are there lesbian/bi women in the xpac?
08/15/2018 06:12 AMPosted by Entraps
08/15/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Chillypaws

We are the worst because we acknowledge human nature and refuse to accept the narrative that sexual activities with the same sex is normal.

I don’t care who does it and I won’t judge but I will not accept that it is normal behavior- that is my only arguement

Well same sex IS human nature as well as it occurs quite a bit in the natural realm as well.

It may not be biblical by Judeo-Christian standards, but that's not the same as "natural"

Also... defending being the worst... /smh

For what it's worth, there's a supposed Blizzard dev AMA running around where the guy admits that the WoW team is conservative and that OW is called Blizzard's "leftist" (his words) product in the HQ.

They gave OW a canon lesbian character on purpose to attract the younger crowd and she's a lesbian because lesbians are a male fetish, so they're a "safe" form of "representation".

They are never, ever, ever going to do the same to WoW. Pigs will fly before that happens. Gay males? In WoW? The WoW team would burn the Blizzard HQ or do something harmful to themselves on live TV, man.
Maaaan, if only every character in the game just told me whether they were gay or not before I started their quest lines. This is really important need to know info.

Honestly all character quest text should start with either, "Hi, I'm Gay," or "Hi, I'm Straight," This way we'd know this important information.