Lvl111 Best for wPvP now?

War Mode and World PvP
1 2 3 7 Next
I'm a big fan of wPvP on my rogue and I've been reading that at 110-115 you can faceroll 120's. Before I turn off xp gains and start farming M-Argus with my friends I want to confirm whether this is working as intended and that it will be a long term change.
It's working as intended, 111's will be stronger than 120s until 120s start getting raid gear. Get to 111, get the 3 pieces of Azerite gear, and farm 120s until the raid releases maybe longer depending on how good the legendaries are for your class.
This always happens really. At the start of Legion, people had level 101 twinks since they gained more from secondary stats and could get a a crafted legendary as well.

They were strong, but it didn't last. After a raid tier or so they couldn't compete. They could live for a decent amount of time than that of a regular level 101, but the max gear starts becoming better.
If you want wpvp for now stop xp at 115 it is a very big advantage
111 is still really weak in BGs as well since your ilevel is too low. Stop closer to the top of that bracket so you can do both.
08/15/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Obscene
It's working as intended, 111's will be stronger than 120s until 120s start getting raid gear. Get to 111, get the 3 pieces of Azerite gear, and farm 120s until the raid releases maybe longer depending on how good the legendaries are for your class.

A good 111 twink can kill a raid geared group of 120 s. They are unkillable Gods.
The fact that this is even being discussed shows there is a problem with the system.
111s are not stronger than 120s. It's a myth perpetrated by whiny incompetent gankers who aren't able to get their kill.
right now there's a group of 8 113-115's pack roaming around KT WQs killing every 120. they all have Bounty and are unkillable atm. is this even "working as intended?"

I should have turned off xp at 115.
We're investigating, and working on a fix. It would be helpful to hear details of your encounters which you feel were unfair, such as level difference, logs or even videos.

Thanks for the feedback, and we'll update you with any planned changes soon.
08/17/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Phalanx
We're investigating, and working on a fix. It would be helpful to hear details of your encounters which you feel were unfair, such as level difference, logs or even videos.

There isn't a problem, other than incompetent gankers whining when they get beat fair and square. See my post "There is no level scaling" for details.
08/17/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Megajunk
right now there's a group of 8 113-115's pack roaming around KT WQs killing every 120. they all have Bounty and are unkillable atm. is this even "working as intended?"

I should have turned off xp at 115.

So level 120s can lose 1v8? Working as intended. Get a raid together and take them out.
08/17/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Yarrow

There isn't a problem, other than incompetent gankers whining when they get beat fair and square. See my post "There is no level scaling" for details.
Yes it is, 111's still have legendaries enabled, have the effects and an advantage against 120's

You are so clueless its no wonder the game is dumbed down this much.
they are just taking advantage of the fact that it's early expac and people at 120 have low secondary stats. Obviously a mythic geared 111 with working leggos can beat a fresh 120. We are talking differences of like 10-30% on most secondary stats

What about when the level 111 player is the one ganking since they are so much stronger due to legendaries and secondary scaling?

It's mainly the legendaries, Legion tier set bonuses and the secondary stat scaling. 110 / 111 with end-game legion gear can be sitting on like 20-30% haste, whereas a 120 is lucky to be at 5-10%.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudPiercingEggOhMyDog

https://clips.twitch.tv/TameWiseJaguarUWot
I expereinced the same thing at 110, down in dalaran sewers; a group of 6 level 90's (2 mistweavers, a rogue, hunter, ele sham and warrior) was killing a group of 11 - 110's in mythic gear.

I also witnessed a 105 rogue in green gear killing 110's in the sewers.

The scaling is broken.
#WorkingAsIntended