Live Developer Q&A Thursday, August 23 – Submit Your Questions

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 69 Next
will free for all pvp world quest be making a return? they where one of my favorites WQ in legion but i have not seen any kind of pvp WQ in BFA
Is there a reason for the overwhelming amount of quests in the latest zones?
1. Mag'har racials seem incredibly dismal in comparison to original and allied race racial abilities. Are racials deemed important enough to be reevaluated in these scenarios?

2. Is there any hope on the horizon for the return of 2H Frost DKs?

3. Zandalari Paladins. Where are we right now with this? Will Vol'Jin replace Rezan as the Loa of Kings? How can Telanji continue to utilize the light after being bound to Bwonsamdi?
Do you have an update on when the new Warlock casting animations are expected? We were told 8.0 and only a couple of Demo spells got them.

Actually those are borrowed from druid / mage animations.

Reiterating: When warlocks will get their own casting animations?
Why is the scaling of stats / mobs as you level so wonky? At 111 I was pulling massive groups and destroying them just like I was at the end of Legion, but at 119 pulling just two can be a death sentence. I can't think of any other expansion where you got weaker as you progressed rather than stronger.
What happened to the Auction House rework that was spoken about right after legion launch?

Ion himself said the current AH is absolutely unacceptable and needs to be reworked completely, but it should be an expansion level rework.

Well it's now BFA and there's no AH rework. It's painfully obvious we need it considering how laggy and horrible it is right now.
Will there ever be an Allied Race without a reputation requirement?
Are there any plans to add functionality to the group finder to deal with war mode phasing? Despite greatly enjoying war mode, I had to turn it off, because every single world quest group I joined was in the wrong phase, making some world quests that require groups impossible.
Why make it less fun to do world quests by making it harder to find a group? Your own feature were perfect. But now it is removed and auto accept along with it.

People that joined a group and just sat around were Not a big problem. They just got kicked from the WQ group.
08/20/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Sisandra
Are there any plans to add functionality to the group finder to deal with war mode phasing? Despite greatly enjoying war mode, I had to turn it off, because every single world quest group I joined was in the wrong phase, making some world quests that require groups impossible.

i'm generally assuming any group that doesn't specifically state wm on is normal
Why was the Amani War Bear's model changed and is there any plan for a toggle to make it look good again? It really doesn't look good and it's a shame as it's my favorite mount in the game. Well.... Was my favorite.
Moo.

Will the Horde main city be made easier to traverse?

I hear the alliance stuff including the ship is all within 100 yards of each other.

I have to fly down to the horde ship. If I want to log out with rested it's faster to sail to Kul Tiras and use an Inn there.
Hey All!

Some classes i.e Frost Mage are extremely strong and seem almost required to do dungeons due to large amount of tank damage. Is there any plans to remedy this?
The table feels flawed and unrewarding this time around. A stealth affix practically makes bonus loot impossible and the troop RNG could prevent proper counters for missions that require two of the same type. Gold rewards are about 1/10th to Legions. Were previous mission systems too lucrative and the current design is a response to that?
Any chance you will tone down the in-game memes/pop culture references? It seems like a cheap way to progress an epic story like Warcraft.
I'm sorry if this comes off as sounding aggressive, but why do you sometimes take weeks to reply to undocumented changes that players cant tell if they are intended or bugs?

For example, the auto-invite button being removed from the group finder. There still has not been word if this was intended or is a bug (the functionality still seems to be there, it's just hidden in the UI). This is not the first example and I doubt it'll be the last.

It shouldn't be that hard to "set the record straight", as it were, on these issues to stop them from spiraling out of control. So much grief over subjects could've been avoided by a simple blue post of "it is unintended, we are looking into it". Just staying silent on these undocumented maybe-bugs only makes us start to distrust you.
Some classes have felt unheard of on the forums due to a lack of developer responses. What do you plan to do, going forward, to increase the amount of communication towards class development?
When do we get to put our newly acquired military force (The Kul'Tirans) to good use? Ready to destroy another horde city since Sylvanas took that from us.

#ForTheAlliance
Do you have plans to make changes to the Protection Warrior core rotation in a future update, and are you happy with how Ignore Pain is working at this time?
What is the most pressing issue in terms of balancing numbers for classes at the moment? Can we expect large numerical changes to DPS and heals per second for non-instant casters?

The first week seemed to favor all classes who have instant cast rather than channeled abilities...locks, priests, druids and all other channel-based specs seem really underwhelming numbers-wise right now.