What is an "Alliance Officer"?

War Mode and World PvP
I just saw a retribution paladin in Vol'dun with what seemed to be a bodyguard named "Alliance Officer." It did about 3,000 to 4,000 damage a hit. As far as I could tell, it followed him around passively, like a warlock or hunter pet.
Probably a named story NPC who appears generic to other players.

Hard to say without knowing its race or appearance, but I'd guess it's either Keeshan, Halford Wyrmbane, or Shandris Feathermoon.
thanks blizz
Welp others are exploiting them as bodyguards.
It's Halford Wyrmbane; you get him as a companion during some of the Vol'dun War Campaign quests.
I think we can do the same with Nathanos Blightcaller in that quest in the Drustvar cemetery. He helps you kill some ghost, but since alliance were getting involved it looked like he attacked them as well.
They need to fix this, it's getting really old having 3 alliance with elite bodyguards.
Yeah, I'm getting pretty tired of doing world pvp !@#$ and having to fight a 300k health elite on top of trying to fight a player, its kind of bs.
I like it. The stealthies have him following them around and they see you running straight at them so you watch the npc start sprinting away from you only for you to aoe them out of stealth. It's great and a fun system.
Unstealth the rogue who than proceeds to beat you with an unfair advantage.

Fought a warrior who was clearly less geared than me, twice, both times it was not even close (I am not the best at PvP, but I know how to press my buttons well enough for that not to happen).
Or you know they could fix the bug / exploit /shrug
Yeah it's a bit stupid, people are even openly admitting to not finishing the quest so they can keep their OP body guard. Should be bans involved.
Yeah you can't go to Vol'Dun with War mode on as Horde. Just a sea of 230k hp guards.
saw a raid, 15 chars in voldun, 15 alliance officers, it was unstopable
08/22/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Circinus
Unstealth the rogue who than proceeds to beat you with an unfair advantage.

Fought a warrior who was clearly less geared than me, twice, both times it was not even close (I am not the best at PvP, but I know how to press my buttons well enough for that not to happen).

Fury beats enhance shaman. Haven't played arms much, but probably has a good chance too, with high dps and heal debuff
It's another lazy thing they missed. Add it to the running total...
Gotta love coming back to retail only to see blizzard messing up again. Come on blizzard you hyped us about world pvp and we get this BS ! god dam indie devs.
08/21/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Illadon
They need to fix this, it's getting really old having 3 alliance with elite bodyguards.

Yeah, got camped by a rogue with elite Alliance Officers yesterday.

He wasn’t a problem but these two burned me down instantly.
Ah this explains all those elite npcs following alliance groups around today, what a lame bug to have to use.
08/22/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Painkiller
Yeah, I'm getting pretty tired of doing world pvp !@#$ and having to fight a 300k health elite on top of trying to fight a player, its kind of bs.

War happened in war mode. Do what the Horde is telling Alliance to do: group up so you can win.