Was a great 7 days of content...

General Discussion
Well.. Did all the quest, hit 120 within first 3 days.. Now I can not progress any further without more rep, which is time gated behind daily quest.. Could you at least had tabard at honored that let you wear them and gain rep in a dungeon with that tabards faction like before..
All attunements all the time! We are turning vanilla!
Factions haven't been that way since WotLK. All MMO's time gate content...not sure what the issue is.
The rep gating is so lame. I legit wish they would just let us no lifers grind as much rep as we want. Idk what the hell they think sometimes.
08/20/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Jàred
Factions haven't been that way since WotLK. All MMO's time gate content...not sure what the issue is.

The rep tabards were in Cata as well but if you look at how many versions of the game did not have tabards that gave rep compared to the ones that do, it was a minor thing that happened in the game's middle period that they haven't done in over 6 years, which is when MoP released and tabards once again became rewards for being exalted like they were in TBC.

Classic: No
TBC: No
Wrath: Yes
Cata: Yes
MoP: No
WoD: No
Legion: No
BfA: No

This issue is all I got to do is dailies for rep at this point.. Already starting Heroics with guildies and thats a blast for a few hours a day.. But other then that and soon as the world quest are cleared out, its basically nothing left to do but find some random crap on Netflix....
Run heroics, gear for mythics, learn fights/mechanics, level professions (especially if you have useful ones for raiding), fish up a free mount. Progress is a relative term.
I do sort of miss the faction tabards giving rep. It gave another reason to run dungeons once you were geared. I suppose that is what AP is for now.
08/20/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Kakky
The rep gating is so lame. I legit wish they would just let us no lifers grind as much rep as we want. Idk what the hell they think sometimes.

Yea hate to say it.. But other then making a video or two a week for you YT channel. I aint got nothing else to do but play this silly game for 10+ hours a day..
08/20/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Balthezar
Run heroics, gear for mythics, learn fights/mechanics, level professions (especially if you have useful ones for raiding), fish up a free mount. Progress is a relative term.

Already doing that.. But at this point LFG heriocs is a 30min wait and a !@#$ show. Best done with guild mates, but they got those things called JOBs.. I am retired.. So.. Nothing else to do..
08/20/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Wrathu
I do sort of miss the faction tabards giving rep. It gave another reason to run dungeons once you were geared. I suppose that is what AP is for now.

AP... oh that little sliver of nothing that does nothing for me since almost every peice of azerite gear that drops in the dungeouns requires more levels of Azerite power to unlock than I will be able to get in weeks and thus turns it into a useless chunk of bagspace waste ?
08/20/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Deathsong
Well.. Did all the quest, hit 120 within first 3 days.. Now I can not progress any further without more rep, which is time gated behind daily quest.. Could you at least had tabard at honored that let you wear them and gain rep in a dungeon with that tabards faction like before..

Slow down. What's the rush? There's more to do than rush the content to get it done.
My biggest problem with being max level right now is too many world quests. Not only am I juggling the Zandalar ones, but I've got to go to Kul Tiras and do a bunch of WQs there, and then head back to legion content and do EVEN MORE world quests to unlock the alliance allied races because for whatever reason, they refuse to allow you to just grind them out like the horde ones.
08/20/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Deathsong

You must not remember the xpacs that had dailies (wq's) to unlock reps and no other way to gain rep with them.

Also theres more content for you to do. Have you run all the mythics? Heroics? Done the story line to unlock your new mythic dungeon? Leveled your profs? I played for 5 days straight (took time off work) and still have stuff to do...
Something tells me you're not playing the other faction. You're missing literally half the content of the game, no wonder you think there's nothing to do.
The reason why you're left where you're at is because you powered through the content. You're not Blizz's target audience that the game is balanced around.
08/20/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Frathlir
Slow down. What's the rush? There's more to do than rush the content to get it done.

hehe.. I am the slacker in the guild.. A handful of my guildmates hit 120 the first daya and already completed a few mythic runs.. :-)

08/20/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Cousinjrad
You must not remember the xpacs that had dailies (wq's) to unlock reps and no other way to gain rep with them.

I had a JOB back then.. Wasnt an issue.. :-)
08/20/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Nëgï
My biggest problem with being max level right now is too many world quests. Not only am I juggling the Zandalar ones, but I've got to go to Kul Tiras and do a bunch of WQs there, and then head back to legion content and do EVEN MORE world quests to unlock the alliance allied races because for whatever reason, they refuse to allow you to just grind them out like the horde ones.

Too many WQs? i feel like theres not enough. Granted im not going back to legion to unlock allied but even then, Argus WQs take maybe 30 minutes especially @120. Logged in today with max amount of WQ to do in kul tiras and zandalar, took about 3.5 hrs to do all those now im bored.

Not all MMO's charge you a time based subscription when they time gate stuff.

Blizzard is literally gouging us for cash indirectly through time-gating rep. Don't let them fool you into thinking they removed tabards for any other reason than denying players a choice on how/when they can acquire their rep.

This community must just be little babies that Blizz feels they have to spoon feed rep to.
08/20/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Ogyges
Something tells me you're not playing the other faction. You're missing literally half the content of the game, no wonder you think there's nothing to do.

Play a horde character? Nah not doing that, I leveled through that storyline in beta.

As far as 7th legion content, I am waiting on WQs to pop up so I can do them. Until then I am just sitting around with my thumb up my !@#...