Was a great 7 days of content...

General Discussion
08/20/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Jàred
Factions haven't been that way since WotLK. All MMO's time gate content...not sure what the issue is.

The issue is that rep grinds aren't fun and the daily quest structure isn't just timegated, it makes demands on the kinds of gameplay that you engage in. I think Island expeditions are cool, and I like running dungeons-- but I don't actually do a lot of them, because I finished the Pride of Kul Tiras campaign and then moved on to grinding rep for my War Campaign.

It's not super-great design to create a tension between having fun and progressing. The virtue of rep-grinds seems to be creating a protracted mechanism for non-challenge-based reward-progression, as a means of inducing continued player engagement. That's a perfectly valid thing to want, and time-gating is a possibly essential mechanism at getting this to fulfill its goal.

But channeling players towards content they find less-engaging isn't really an important part of this mechanism, and many ultimately be counterproductive. It would be nice to just play the game and, as a result, get rewards as a form of progression, rather than parsing out how many times I need to run errands for imaginary people I've already saved before they'll pretend to like me.
08/20/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Jeubalee
Factions haven't been that way since WotLK. All MMO's time gate content...not sure what the issue is.

Not all MMO's charge you a time based subscription when they time gate stuff.

Blizzard is literally gouging us for cash indirectly through time-gating rep. Don't let them fool you into thinking they removed tabards for any other reason than denying players a choice on how/when they can acquire their rep.

This community must just be little babies that Blizz feels they have to spoon feed rep to.

On that topic.. Do Dungeons give you rep anymore? I have not even paid attention or noticed this time. Matter of fact do not think I noticed in Legion either.
08/20/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Deathsong
I aint got nothing else to do but play this silly game for 10+ hours a day..

So play something else for a bit. You're not meant to play this game literally all day, every day. Finish your daily stuff and go do something else.
I'm really not sure how you're running out of content to do. Doing ALL of the WQs takes hours.
In mists of pandaria they had some grinds that were needed if I recall to finish the legendary quest where you could grind mobs to do it. I'd rather log in and so some dailies during the week than slam my face against the same mobs repeatedly for 5 rep a pop. To each their own I guess, but I'm enjoying the pacing doing things at my own rate, sure, I want to unlock the dungeon but I feel good knowing that I could do the entire opposite island for rep.....or, I could not, and just use my app here and there lol.
08/20/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Nillah
08/20/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Deathsong
I aint got nothing else to do but play this silly game for 10+ hours a day..

So play something else for a bit. You're not meant to play this game literally all day, every day. Finish your daily stuff and go do something else.

Dont like any other games.. I am not a gamer per se. I am just old and have ADD.. Need to keep my mind busy or else go crazy..
08/20/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Mordahn
I'm really not sure how you're running out of content to do. Doing ALL of the WQs takes hours.

I am that awesome.. or that sad.. Take your pick.. LOL
08/20/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Melaroi

The rep tabards were in Cata as well but if you look at how many versions of the game did not have tabards that gave rep compared to the ones that do, it was a minor thing that happened in the game's middle period that they haven't done in over 6 years when MoP released.

Classic: No
TBC: No
Wrath: Yes
Cata: Yes
MoP: No
WoD: No
Legion: No
BfA: No

Didn't MoP have golden lotus rep gated behind the other reps?
08/20/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Balthezar
Run heroics, gear for mythics, learn fights/mechanics, level professions (especially if you have useful ones for raiding), fish up a free mount. Progress is a relative term.

Gearing up makes you weaker in world environment due to ilvl scaling though.
Guess I can level my fishing.. I may need some rum...
Depending on the rep you're looking at, it's more imperative in this xpac that the rep can't be acquired by tabard/dungeon. 7th Legion is necessary to progress in my War Campaign, yet I'm just diddling around picking herbs while I wait for WQ's to pop back up... WQ's I already solved, but for some reason the Penglin needs me to ride it down a mountain again (that WQ is A-okay with me, I wish I could repeat it more than once a day honestly).

Why, in a role playing game, is my war effort just put on hold while I try to make the people I'm fighting with exalt me? Who on the Horde side is like "Yeah wait, don't attack, that rogue isn't loved by the dwarves yet".
08/20/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Deathsong
Well.. Did all the quest, hit 120 within first 3 days.. Now I can not progress any further without more rep, which is time gated behind daily quest.. Could you at least had tabard at honored that let you wear them and gain rep in a dungeon with that tabards faction like before..
were stuck so we can keep paying that $16-$19 a month!
08/20/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Melaroi
MoP: No

MoP had tabards for Pandaren rep.

It also had dungeon repping and world drops.

08/20/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Hamstar
Didn't MoP have golden lotus rep gated behind the other reps?

No, it had it so you did Golden Lotus up to revered (there were GL world drops) then it unlocked Shado Pan and August Celestials.

The big difference is MoP rep did not lock major story content or features such as flying and Allied Races. You could fly max level, as well as make a Pandaren or Monk from day 1.
08/20/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Deathsong
Guess I can level my fishing.. I may need some rum...

4 normal dungeons complete.
2 heroic dungeons complete
0 mythic dungeons complete
Professions not leveled
Secondary professions not leveled
311 ilvl 7 days in

Please tell me you have at least 1 alt that did it all, and this just happens to be secondary character you use as your forum character.

-- Edit --
I just realized I can't actually see your profession levels. I just noticed you don't have achievements, which I've even done some profs on my level 110s still sitting. I may just be a hard worker /shrug
08/20/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Deathsong

This issue is all I got to do is dailies for rep at this point.. Already starting Heroics with guildies and thats a blast for a few hours a day.. But other then that and soon as the world quest are cleared out, its basically nothing left to do but find some random crap on Netflix....

Then mythic dungeons. You are barely geared and are acting like you are done with content.
08/20/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Cástïél
08/20/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Nëgï
My biggest problem with being max level right now is too many world quests. Not only am I juggling the Zandalar ones, but I've got to go to Kul Tiras and do a bunch of WQs there, and then head back to legion content and do EVEN MORE world quests to unlock the alliance allied races because for whatever reason, they refuse to allow you to just grind them out like the horde ones.

Too many WQs? i feel like theres not enough. Granted im not going back to legion to unlock allied but even then, Argus WQs take maybe 30 minutes especially @120. Logged in today with max amount of WQ to do in kul tiras and zandalar, took about 3.5 hrs to do all those now im bored.

The problem with me is, I have a job now and I can't no life the game all day like I used to be able to do. I get maybe 4 hours play time on a regular work day if I'm lucky, and all of that to be dedicated to world quests instead of other things I enjoy doing in game really burns me out. I'd love to go out and do a bunch of dungeons, or farm old content for pets/mounts, try and do some dedicated gathering sessions to sell stuff on the AH, etc. but with this many WQs and knowing that if I don't do them I fall extremely behind and only get punished makes me just kind of want to give up.
You can't progress through the War Campaign without the required req, but the War Campaign isn't the only content in the game.

It looks like you haven't stepped foot inside Mythic dungeons. That's a decent sized chunk of content. Why haven't you done that? Your ilvl is fine for Mythics.

Have you hit the Azerite cap in Island Expeditions?
I made it to revered and finished the war campaign. You aren't missing out on anything. You'll get the rep, you'll finish it. If you hit revered now you'd have like an extra hour of quest content and that's it. I did it to get the mythic unlocked at 7500/12000, that's really the only reason to worry about it, for those who are even doing mythics yet.
Do pathfinder rep
Go fishing
Farm ores or skin

There is alot more than 7 days of content in this game.
08/20/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Deathsong
Play a horde character? Nah not doing that, I leveled through that storyline in beta. As far as 7th legion content, I am waiting on WQs to pop up so I can do them. Until then I am just sitting around with my thumb up my !@#...

Then stop complaining then ? Its your obvious choice to sit around being bored and complain on GD instead of playing the entire game.