Haha. Worst expansion ever 3.4 mil sold

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 14 Next
I would say an expansion's initial sales speaks more to the quality of the previous expansion, as well as the marketing and the hype surrounding it than the actual quality of the expansion itself.
I'm curious what drives a paying customer who clearly hates this game to come to the forums and share their delight at its possible demise?

What's wrong with you?

At what point do you start to take some personal responsibility and make some better life choices?
Sales tell us absolutely nothing because they happen before anyone actually plays the expansion.

It doesn't tell us the quality of the expansion at all.

You really didn't think this through.. did you?
08/23/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Mandaman
08/23/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Lukion
So, by your logic, the more something sells, the better it is?

So you listen to justin Beiber, got it.

Yes, it is called word of mouth. MORE are touting it a success than whining on the forums. Simple math, doesn't lie.

Can you explain to me how more are touting it a success than whining about it? Because nobody can actually form an opinion of the game without buying it. Therefore, buying the game is no indication of the public's opinion of said game.

I can write a book and sell it on Amazon and 500 people can buy it. That doesn't mean 500 people LIKE it. They had to buy it to read it. Of those 500 people, the vast majority will never indicate publicly in any way how they feel about my book. A lot of them probably didn't like it. Many probably didn't finish it at all. Only a very few might bother to write a review, good or bad.

Blizzard will know how much people liked it over time by counting how much we all play it and how much money we keep giving them. But those initial sales men bupkus, zero, zilch regarding the quality of this iteration of the game.
3.4 million sold in one day is pretty good tbqh famalam. Now be a sweetie and add in all the preorders for us mmkay.
08/23/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Kypar
I'm curious what drives a paying customer who clearly hates this game to come to the forums and share their delight at its possible demise?

What's wrong with you?

At what point do you start to take some personal responsibility and make some better life choices?
My guess is they enjoy pain.
If the game so successful is, why brag about it... you need ?
08/23/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Thrasius
08/23/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Sillidan
thats not a good number relative to wows past success

im not buying bfa for the record either, it lacks any cool new features to get me to pay 50$

Yes it is? It's literally the most sold expansion ever.

No, it's the FASTEST, because it includes 8 months of preorders.

08/23/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Fuhrioús
Now be a sweetie and add in all the preorders for us mmkay.

It already includes the preorders.

Anyone actually reading the article?
08/23/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Zeusgodofsky

What's wrong with you?

My guess is they enjoy pain.

Subs have a set date when they run out, if they have a few days left they're gonna lurk for the forums.
08/23/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Ghanuruk
https://www.wowhead.com/news=286651/battle-for-azeroth-is-warcrafts-fastest-selling-expansion

3.4 million copies sold...

Blizz brushin. Those haters off.

Argument ad populum.

I feel I'm just going to start going around and quoting people and stating the logical fallacy they are using lol.

And, note, it's not a Fallacy Fallacy if their only argument/point IS a fallacy. It'd be a fallacy fallacy if there are multiple points, I point out ONE that's a fallacy and then that implies the entire argument is a fallacy :P
08/23/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Edmonor
08/23/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Zeusgodofsky
...My guess is they enjoy pain.

Subs have a set date when they run out, if they have a few days left they're gonna lurk for the forums.
true!
08/23/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Thrasius
08/23/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Sillidan
thats not a good number relative to wows past success

im not buying bfa for the record either, it lacks any cool new features to get me to pay 50$

Yes it is? It's literally the most sold expansion ever.

not a fair comparison with preorders and being mostly digital now

plus there are more people in the world too, its like how the super bowl sets viewer ship records almost every year

most importantly, im not buying it myself
https://www.wowhead.com/news=286651/battle-for-azeroth-is-warcrafts-fastest-selling-expansion

Blizz brushin. Those haters off.

And?

People had no idea what is was like before they bought it dummy.

My god. Dunce.
08/23/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Chilayllenn
That number is honestly terrible.

Remember that Warlords of Draenor sold over 3.3 million copies within the first 24 hours and that was the worst expac.

And had like 10 million players at it's peak. Sales on launch day are not an indication of how many players there are.
I bought it thinking it was gonna be good, I was wrong. Just cause it sold a bunch of copies doesn't mean the expansion is good. I'm sure many are in the same boat as me, they bought it with higher expectations and turned out to be a bust. Jokes on me though they got my gold for the expansion and the sub month. Now that I've seen the shipped product they won't be getting anymore until they fix a bunch of stuff. Also I think WOD sold a bunch of copies also and turn out to have the biggedt subscriber drop in wow history.

What's wrong with you?

My gosh, you are SO right! Why I see it so clearly now!! I . . .I feel so foolish. My entire life has been wasted here.

I am deeply ashamed. Chastened, even.

LOL.

Yeah, the only way to make things better is to go away and be super quiet when you don't like how things are going. That's totally the American way. If you feel like those in control are treating you badly, by all means don't disrupt anything.

I mean, if they raise taxes on your tea or something, just stop drinking tea! Don't go all crazy and throw all the tea in Boston Harbor. That will just ruin the enjoyment of all those tea drinkers who are willing to pay.

So be a good American and don't complain. History has clearly shown us that change happens when those who are dissatisfied stay quiet and well-behaved.
08/23/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Fuhrioús
3.4 million sold in one day is pretty good tbqh famalam. Now be a sweetie and add in all the preorders for us mmkay.

That's including preorders lol
08/23/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Lukion
So, by your logic, the more something sells, the better it is?

So you listen to justin Beiber, got it.

08/23/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Orkash
True MMORPGs success is definitely defined by copies sold and not subs retained overtime.

08/23/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Dîomedes
So they sold a bunch of copies off Legion's success. People are starting to realize that this is just a Legion extension with really nothing new.

Ahhh yes. The Anti-Blizzard White Knights in full force. I bet $984372394 if it was "Blizzard sold 500k copies. Slowest selling expansion." then these people would be the first to post and say "See. Told you. The game is dead."

@Dîomedes Also, it is funny you bring up about going off Legion's success yet when Legion launched, there were the same complaints as now. Weird huh? So when the next expansion comes out you can post, "Well this new expansion is going off of BfA's success."
<span class="truncated">...</span>That number is honestly terrible.

Remember that Warlords of Draenor sold over 3.3 million copies within the first 24 hours and that was the worst expac.

And had like 10 million players at it's peak. Sales on launch day are not an indication of how many players there are.

Exactly. This is from an article from Legion's launch:

As of August 30, 2016, Legion, Wrath of the Lich King and Warlords of Draenor have all reached 3.3 million copies sold within the first 24 hours from their releases.

Wrath did 3.3 mil copies sold in 24 hours (only 100k less than BFA) in a day and age without months of digital pre-orders, when you had to physically go to a store and pick it up. I stood in line for over an hour at a midnight sale and got a copy right before Wotlk sold out at that particular Walmart.

FYI, I'm just trying to put this article in perspective for people. I really don't care one way or the other how well a game sells. I care how it plays.
08/23/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Kaizoku
08/23/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Mythreus
Why do people argue stuff like this? I like the game. I'm having fun. Thats all i need to know about it.

If you were really having fun, why would you be on the forums telling people you were having fun?

Because some of us work during the day and can't play games. Duh.

08/23/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Bojanglz
The Anti-Blizzard White Knights

Yellow knights*