PvP doesn't feel very rewarding right now.

General Discussion
I'll get better loot faster healing dungeons.

• Honor Points were currency for guaranteed starter equipment to be competitive.
  • Legion removed the need for equipment by implementing Instanced Attributes.
  • BFA removed Instanced Attributes.
  • Equipment matters again, you'll have better means of obtaining them by PvE content.
  • Resilience is also gone, so PvP cannot be stronger than PvE equipment.

• I feel like we're going to have some serious issues going forward. Will Conquest alone really be the lord & savior to all of this?
    Tons of people have been saying this for months. If you think you're going to get a meaningful dev response about PvP, you're crazy.
    PVP SHOULDN'T FEEL REWARDING IT IS A JOKE MINI GAME THE DEVS PUT IN. JUST GO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS OR DOTA WOW IS A PVE GAME !!!
    08/25/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Ordromallin
    PVP SHOULDN'T FEEL REWARDING IT IS A JOKE MINI GAME THE DEVS PUT IN. JUST GO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS OR DOTA WOW IS A PVE GAME !!!

According to who? Even if it is a pve game, does not mean it can't have other aspects to draw in a more diverse population. You are right though, lets all conform to what you decide. Anyone want to do pet battles?
    I doubt Conquest will help, at least in the beginning, since it's going to be getting us 340ilvl gear which is what people are already getting in regular mythics.

And since mythic+ is releasing at the same time as conquest and will reward better loot guess it'll be another xpac of having to PvE to better gear for PvP.
    08/25/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Shilindria

According to who? Even if it is a pve game, does not mean it can't have other aspects to draw in a more diverse population. You are right though, lets all conform to what you decide. Anyone want to do pet battles?
    According to who? LMFAO. According to the 99% of people in this game who play pve content like raids and dungeons as opposed to the 0.0000000001% that play pvp.

PVP represents hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue. That rev can be used to build out PVE content. It's unfortunate that you can't see that but unsurprising considering your use of caps locks. Only a fool would think that providing such a powerful reason to buy expansions and maintain a subscription in a war game based on a beloved player vs. player RTS is a bad idea.

WPVE is a child's game, as is much of first tier PVE. LoL and DOTA are also children's games. Maybe you just really don't fit into this game universe?
    08/25/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Archos
    Tons of people have been saying this for months. If you think you're going to get a meaningful dev response about PvP, you're crazy.
    Oh. Well, that just sincerely lowers any hope I had that this would be a better expansion. :\

08/25/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Invisibutter
    mythic+ is releasing at the same time as conquest and will reward better loot guess it'll be another xpac of having to PvE to better gear for PvP.
    This was my thought process. I can go into a mythic(+) dungeon with a party full of leather wearers, suddenly the rate of equipment acquisition is increased exponentially over any form of current PvP reward structure.

I just really want PvP equipment to be better for PvP, it makes sense. Resilience worked for 4 entire expansions, even WoD's item level scaling when PvP engaged was something better than current.
    My sub is ending in due time, so I will respond to inevitable few predictable debates. Discussion is required, or constructive PvP will cease to exist; I don't want this to happen.

Templates were good.
    No, never. The essence of an RPG is character progression.

I am not sure if you young folks know this, but back in the day we had an Attribute on PvP equipment called "Resilience" which reduced the damage we took from other players.

Resilience was so successful it lasted 4 entire expansions, coincidentally ending in the least popular expansion ever titled "Warlords of Draenor."

Resilience,
  • Encouraged PvP, rewarding equipment superior in this environment.
  • Satisfied essential character progression urges expected of an RPG.

• Resilience just made it better than PvE equipment, period.
    PvE players will not engage PvP, thus resilience is useless for their environment.

Is there another option besides Resilience?
    Warlords of Draenor removed Resilience. The Attribute's replacement was Item Level Scaling PvP Equipment.

When you engaged another player, your item level scaled higher so PvP equipment was effectively stronger for that environment & thus ultimately PvP was the way to obtain PvP equipment.

However Blizzard Entertainment removed this as well in Legion as they deemed too many players were, somehow, exploiting the Item Level Scaling technology.

PvP Talents exist now, they make PvPers stronger than PvErs.
    PvE players can activate their PvP Talents, too, with their PvE equipment. We are speaking about PvP, the method best required to obtain PvP equipment; is PvP Rewarding? The essence of an RPG is character progression.
    Killing alliance is its own reward
    08/27/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Razilax
    They will kill you, with Mythic Raid equipment.
    08/27/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Tariy
    08/27/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Razilax
    They will kill you, with Mythic Raid equipment.

Not if I press my buttons faster
    08/25/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Ordromallin
    08/25/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Shilindria

According to who? LMFAO. According to the 99% of people in this game who play pve content like raids and dungeons as opposed to the 0.0000000001% that play pvp.

Take your meds, Billy. You know how antsy you get when you don't take your Ritalin.
    I got a 340 ring from an arena skirmish where there was only 1 opponent. That is not the only upgrade I've gotten from it.

Post with your main if you're going to spew moronic garbage like this you coward.
    I stopped PVPing in wow for reasons like this, I'm very much enjoying the expansion but anytime I'm reminded of PVP I get downright irritated.

Overwatch is better anyways.
    08/27/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Razilax
    Not if I press my buttons faster
    The global cool down equalized speed, so now they can press equally as fast as you. With the added bonus of defeating PvPers by doing mythic(+) dungeons for faster loot acquisition derived of 5 leather wearers instead of actual PvP.

Or they can raid to kill you. Is this a good idea? I believe not.

08/27/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Tentaclatrix
    I stopped PVPing in wow for reasons like this
    I think it's going to be for me, too. But, PvP is mostly the only activity I did. Also unfortunate for me, I'm personally not too fond of first person shooters.
    I think this is a slight toward PvP only players, which I know we're in the minority. I don't PvE, as I just don't enjoy it. It isn't a slight toward those who do PvE, bc you all are the majority. I just personally play WoW to PvP in random BG's here and there when I have time to log in.

Under the honor point system, I could pick and choose my gear with my effort. Now, it's all 'chance' via these loot boxes, but these loot boxes are dropping mostly rings and cloaks, not stuff I actually need or want. This is my only issue with the removal of honor points. I don't even care about conquest points, tbh. I've been playing for a few days now and not a single weapon or helm or anything other than cloaks and rings x 100.

Let the conquest points equivalent gear be what comes from an epic loot box or whatever, and limit it to once a week. However, at least let me have some sort of honor point/gear option so I can pick and choose what I need over some random drop rate that does not equate to the same as a raider. One 15 minute BG, with a loss chance higher than a win chance (Hey, I play Alliance. At least we took the stables), after a 10 minute queue, equates to subpar loot box every 25 minutes. That just doesn't seem like it equates to the same as a PvE player's level of reward for their play.

Right now my honor points gets me cosmetics, from gear that I've already had for ages. I don't see that as a reward in any way, shape or form. Why can't I just get blue gear like I've been able to since 2007 (Started in BC on another account). All of the sudden what was etched in stone and the way we did things for my 11 years of WoWing, is no longer a thing? Honor is gone bc we're all expected to PvE? I have characters that I've leveled from 1-100 via BG's alone, bc BGs is how I prefer to play the game. That is just no longer viable. Again, I get it that I'm in the VAST minority, but the way it was for 13 years since vanilla has all of the sudden changed bc some dev had a wild idea?

I'd like to have back honor points for honor gear, like it has always been. I don't see how that conflicts with gear scaling. Just the .0000000001% chiming in.
    08/27/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Hoodwinks
    However, at least let me have some sort of honor point/gear option so I can pick and choose what I need over some random drop rate that does not equate to the same as a raider.
    I agree with this. Is it even possible to trade your personal PvP equipment with friends like we can do in dungeons/raids?

08/27/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Hoodwinks
    I have characters that I've leveled from 1-100 via BG's alone, bc BGs is how I prefer to play the game. That is just no longer viable.
    Same here. They can make fun of battlegrounds & rated battlegrounds, but I find them much more enjoyable than arena games.

In fact, there was a legitimate blue post mentioning that more players participated in random battlegrounds than participated in raiding. Heh, well I'm not sure if that would be the case anymore. . .
    If we can at least get equal equipment at close speeds in PvP, then we'll be fine. But I just don't see that with the way rewards are currently structured in this video game. Ratings take time & all mythic(+) dungeons will be open immediately.

Resilience was great in that it really encouraged just PvPing for your PvP. It was pretty good, and lasted most of the video game's expansions thus far. WoD's item level scaling was also good for the purpose of PvP.

War Mode exists now, so perhaps Item Level Scaling can work on PvP equipment without worries of players exploiting it?