Bronze Dragonflight Joins the Horde

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
08/27/2018 08:18 AMPosted by Zoopain
Red AND BLACK would join the alliance if anything, wrathion has a connection to anduin. idk why people think blue and green would join alliance. they if are the most likely to stay neutral if anything.

The Green Dragonflight and the Night Elves go waaay back. Kalec, the Aspect of Magic and leader of the Blue dragonflight, was in a relationship with Jaina Proudmoore. (Which is not as good a reason, but still. There is literally no reason the Bronze dragonflight would help the Horde.)
08/27/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Akston
The bad writing that gives the Alliance every single advantage, can only be countered by bad writing that makes them stupid.

You want the Alliance to not be stupid? Ask for the Horde side to not be overmatched at every single aspect of war.

Wasn't Sylvanas matching the now strongest Alliance character? (I assume he is the strongest, though. Maybe I am underestimating the human bias and Jaina or Anduin would also match or beat him).

Can we now ask for the Alliance to not be written like stupids and remove the passive PIS debuff that Sylvanas inflicts on the Alliance?
08/27/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Akston
Because you are clearly ignoring they didn't do anything close to sacking Stormwind.

No they only set the whole city on fire. All it takes is a Troll and torch to bring down the very seat of Alliance power. Nothing to see here, move along now...
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1893/42495390710_8ce51937fa_o.png
08/27/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Omniwrath
08/27/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Hephestia
I am not sure where to start. Your reasoning is....incomprehensible.

First, the Alliance did not kill Y'sera. Xavius did, who serves the nightmare, who I think actually serves the old gods.

Elune, is not on the Alliance's side. She is a goddess who serves Azeroth. The horde is evil, so i suppose they are feeling some of her wrath right now.

Tyrande and Malfurion have been written to be weaker than a wet piece of paper. How can you quote them as being powerful? Perhaps in lore, but Blizz cares nothing about their lore.

And once again, you are crazy.

dude did you even play wc3? the alliance are the evil ones. The horde are the good guys.

Please tell me you are trolling.
08/27/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Sephiram
The bad writing that gives the Alliance every single advantage, can only be countered by bad writing that makes them stupid.

You want the Alliance to not be stupid? Ask for the Horde side to not be overmatched at every single aspect of war.

Wasn't Sylvanas matching the now strongest Alliance character? (I assume he is the strongest, though. Maybe I am underestimating the human bias and Jaina or Anduin would also match or beat him).

Can we now ask for the Alliance to not be written like stupids and remove the passive PIS debuff that Sylvanas inflicts on the Alliance?

Is there only one lore character on the Alliance and only one on the Horde?

The Alliance has Malfurion. Alleria. Jaina. Anduin. All with their own I-win buttons or amazing powers.

The Horde has Sylvanas.

Stop pretending like that is even close to equal.
08/27/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Moonfalls
Because you are clearly ignoring they didn't do anything close to sacking Stormwind.

No they only set the whole city on fire. All it takes is a Troll and torch to bring down the very seat of Alliance power. Nothing to see here, move along now...
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1893/42495390710_8ce51937fa_o.png

And what happened when the top Horde leaders, two of them being magically inclined encountered Jaina?
I like you.

You don't know what you are talking about. And you twist facts to fit your narrative.

But by golly, you are consistent. You don't care how many people realize you are wrong. You are going to yell it out loud regardless.

Keep up the fight. Don't let silly things like "facts" get in the way of your Alliance-woe-is-me narrative.

You are clearly ignoring the entire scenario was to establish that all new Horde leaders, with their powers combined, are no match for Jaina. They all run away scared. Because in a 5v1 of lore leaders, Jaina is still 100x stronger.

"Bla bla bla, you're a joke, bla bla bla"

With that out of the way, do you actually think it makes any freaking sense that Jaina, who was ready to kill all of them, would be forced to run away instead of... well, y'know... kill them on the spot THEN go help the city? Yea, a mere fire started by some random Horde is so so capable of burning the entirety of Stormwind that Jaina must not spend 5 seconds finishing them off but instead go immediatelly to help.

Yea, just another cheap fake victory. "Jaina is stronger, dur dur" but of course that conveniently nothing happens to the poor Horde with their plot armor.
08/27/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Nazjira
I like you.

You don't know what you are talking about. And you twist facts to fit your narrative.

But by golly, you are consistent. You don't care how many people realize you are wrong. You are going to yell it out loud regardless.

Keep up the fight. Don't let silly things like "facts" get in the way of your Alliance-woe-is-me narrative.

You are clearly ignoring the entire scenario was to establish that all new Horde leaders, with their powers combined, are no match for Jaina. They all run away scared. Because in a 5v1 of lore leaders, Jaina is still 100x stronger.

"Bla bla bla, you're a joke, bla bla bla"

With that out of the way, do you actually think it makes any freaking sense that Jaina, who was ready to kill all of them, would be forced to run away instead of... well, y'know... kill them on the spot THEN go help the city? Yea, a mere fire started by some random Horde is so so capable of burning the entirety of Stormwind that Jaina must not spend 5 seconds finishing them off but instead go immediatelly to help.

Yea, just another cheap fake victory. "Jaina is stronger, dur dur" but of course that conveniently nothing happens to the poor Horde with their plot armor.

Plot armor is literally the only thing keep the Horde alive.

If there was no plot armor, and the Alliance actually acted smart, the War would be over in a single day. If that. Due to the bad writing that has given the Alliance every single advantage possible.
08/27/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Moonfalls
This pretty much. 3 Horde and 2 troll prisoners were enough to nearly sack all of Stormwind. Not like they need an entire dragonflight to take down the Alliance. Its just a 'wouldn't it be cool if' fantasy fulfillment by the dev's for their horde characters.

I like you.

Not to start a pie fight with you, but I played that Horde side scenario and 5 Horde had the whole city in flames to the point where Jaina "had" (and I say that in BIG quotes) to let them go to put out the fires. She could have teleported them all back to the Stockades and THEN go put out the stupid fire. She could have locked them all in ice and THEN go put out the fire...

But no. Devs had to make the Alliance act stupid again for no good reason. Even if Jaina was half as powerful as you are saying.
08/27/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Akston

The Alliance has Malfurion. Alleria. Jaina. Anduin. All with their own I-win buttons or amazing powers.

The Horde has Sylvanas.

So, wait. You want to keep Sylvanas buffed (or Malfurion nerfed), the Vindicaar unusable because "it would bother the Horde", Azerite machines, a Loa summoning Troll, the almighty plague that even negates flying mounts AND continue the PIS on the Alliance characters?

Want Thanos, too? Because the Alliance looks like it has the upper hand still with all this.
08/27/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Phases

I like you.

Not to start a pie fight with you, but I played that Horde side scenario and 5 Horde had the whole city in flames to the point where Jaina "had" (and I say that in BIG quotes) to let them go to put out the fires. She could have teleported them all back to the Stockades and THEN go put out the stupid fire. She could have locked them all in ice and THEN go put out the fire...

But no. Devs had to make the Alliance act stupid again for no good reason. Even if Jaina was half as powerful as you are saying.

Yes. The top Horde lore characters were unable to 5v1 Jaina, because she is basically a demigod at this point. So they had to light a bunch of fires as a distraction.

The bad writing had to protect the Horde, just as the bad writing has given the Alliance every military advantage possible.
This is a joke right? No way the Bronze would side with horde. And besides the horde already have san'layn/ darkfallen if they get a dragonflight thats too much!
08/27/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Sephiram

The Horde has Sylvanas.

So, wait. You want to keep Sylvanas buffed (or Malfurion nerfed), the Vindicaar unusable because "it would bother the Horde", Azerite machines, a Loa summoning Troll, the almighty plague that even negates flying mounts AND continue the PIS on the Alliance characters?

Want Thanos, too? Because the Alliance looks like it has the upper hand still with all this.

I am pretty sure I never said any of that.

I want both sides to be (more) equal, so that bad writing doesnt rear its ugly head so often. I want good writing that puts powerful characters on the Horde side. I want good writing that makes the Alliance act devious, smart, logical.

But that can't happen while one side holds all the cards, like the Alliance does.
Is no one going to link as to why/how they join the horde?

Dragons taking part in a faction war between mortals flies in the face of everything lore related.

Was that before or after the Vindicaar was pushed aside and frozen into place so they couldn't help Teldrassil?

Was that before or after the Horde made a minimal turn at the Barrens but the Night Elves went full rtarded and took a trip to the extreme south of the continent? Then, for some strange reason, couldn't return just as fast?

And when they managed to return, they still served for nothing?

Or how all of a sudden most Night Elves turned into helpless citizens in Teldrassil waiting to be burned?

Or how every leader turns into an idiot so Anduin can be pat on the head and told "he's just as competent as everyone else"?

Or how the Siege of Undercity had the entire Alliance acting like idiots who went straight into the most obvious source of blight with no defense whatsoever only to be exterminated by "a trap" instead of, y'know, attacking Orgrimmar?

"Every single advantage", yea, sure. Better keep your pants up, you're letting your fanboyness show.
08/27/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Akston
I am pretty sure I never said any of that.

I want both sides to be (more) equal, so that bad writing doesnt rear its ugly head so often. I want good writing that puts powerful characters on the Horde side. I want good writing that makes the Alliance act devious, smart, logical.

Fair enough.

I don't think Malfurion will continue Alliance after this, but fair enough. It would also help because right now Sylvanas is feeling way too ilogically buffed doing everything herself.
08/27/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Sephiram

The Horde has Sylvanas.

Stop. You know full well that is not what he said. Dont be a jerk. The alliance and horde need to be on a level playing field and right now the horde only has Sylvanas. the alliance has how many characters again? Dont try to put words into peoples mouths.

08/27/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Changhiz
Is no one going to link as to why/how they join the horde?

Dragons taking part in a faction war between mortals flies in the face of everything lore related.
I did hear something some time before BFA launched about alexstrasza having to make a choice. idk if this is what they were talking about though. I didnt like it at the time and im still not a fan of it now.
08/27/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Moonfalls
This pretty much. 3 Horde and 2 troll prisoners were enough to nearly sack all of Stormwind. Not like they need an entire dragonflight to take down the Alliance. Its just a 'wouldn't it be cool if' fantasy fulfillment by the dev's for their horde characters.

I like you.

Er, Jaina wasn't alone. She had other mages with her. Plus, the entire city was looking for the Horde characters, including Greymane and his Worgen. They couldn't risk fighting Jaina as they couldn't afford the time to do so with so many Alliance on their tails, not because they couldn't beat her in a 5 v 1.
08/27/2018 01:04 AMPosted by Calderë
The Alliance have Jaina.

The Horde needs anything they can get because nothing will balance out the level of power Jaina has alone.

She has a magic necklace and a flying boat.

Not even the Loa can stop that garbage.

You're overestimating her power.

The lore defines her as one of the most powerful human sorcerers....not god.

Also, as iffy as Blizzard writing can be, they have a way of trying to balance the powers on each side. Each character is as powerful as they need to be in an event to push the story. That's why Jaina and Talanji can seem near omnipotent at some points...and pretty meh at others.
08/27/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Nazjira

Was that before or after the Vindicaar was pushed aside and frozen into place so they couldn't help Teldrassil?

Was that before or after the Horde made a minimal turn at the Barrens but the Night Elves went full rtarded and took a trip to the extreme south of the continent? Then, for some strange reason, couldn't return just as fast?

And when they managed to return, they still served for nothing?

Or how all of a sudden most Night Elves turned into helpless citizens in Teldrassil waiting to be burned?

Or how every leader turns into an idiot so Anduin can be pat on the head and told "he's just as competent as everyone else"?

Or how the Siege of Undercity had the entire Alliance acting like idiots who went straight into the most obvious source of blight with no defense whatsoever only to be exterminated by "a trap" instead of, y'know, attacking Orgrimmar?

"Every single advantage", yea, sure. Better keep your pants up, you're letting your fanboyness show.

Thanks for literally proving my point.

The Alliance has all the advantages (due to bad writing), and the only way the Horde can do anything is if the Alliance conveniently forgets about those advantages (due to bad writing.

I don't know how to spell it out any better.

I want stronger lore characters on the Horde side, so that both sides of the story can improve. As long as the Alliance is better at everything, they have to write things so poorly and "forget" about things and create huge plot holes so that the Horde can do *anything*.