Bronze Dragonflight Joins the Horde

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
08/27/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Zoopain
08/27/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Sephiram

So, wait. You want to keep Sylvanas buffed (or Malfurion nerfed), the Vindicaar unusable because "it would bother the Horde", Azerite machines, a Loa summoning Troll, the almighty plague that even negates flying mounts AND continue the PIS on the Alliance characters?

Want Thanos, too? Because the Alliance looks like it has the upper hand still with all this.

Stop. You know full well that is not what he said. Dont be a jerk. The alliance and horde need to be on a level playing field and right now the horde only has Sylvanas. the alliance has how many characters again? Dont try to put words into peoples mouths.

Read post above yours.
08/27/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Akston
Yes. The top Horde lore characters were unable to 5v1 Jaina, because she is basically a demigod at this point. So they had to light a bunch of fires as a distraction.

The bad writing had to protect the Horde, just as the bad writing has given the Alliance every military advantage possible.

Wrong. The bad writting is in giving the Alliance these cheap, fake "power advantages" so the little biased devs can simply handle everything they want to the Horde.

Pay attention who got away and who failed miserably at their job no matter how obvious the solutation regardless all that massive amount of power. Pay attention how every source of power which would make the Alliance win, suddenly disappears so the Horde can win.

Boy, your posts are the definition of spinning and twisting.
08/27/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Eleroleron
08/27/2018 01:04 AMPosted by Calderë
The Alliance have Jaina.

The Horde needs anything they can get because nothing will balance out the level of power Jaina has alone.

She has a magic necklace and a flying boat.

Not even the Loa can stop that garbage.

You're overestimating her power.

The lore defines her as one of the most powerful human sorcerers....not god.

Also, as iffy as Blizzard writing can be, they have a way of trying to balance the powers on each side. Each character is as powerful as they need to be in an event to push the story. That's why Jaina and Talanji can seem near omnipotent at some points...and pretty meh at others.

Remember when Jaina solo'ed all of Orgimmar?
08/27/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Akston

And what happened when the top Horde leaders, two of them being magically inclined encountered Jaina?

They got off scot-free requiring yet another Deus ex Jaina to keep Stormwind from being burned to a pile of ashes just like Teldrasill.
08/27/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Nazjira
08/27/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Akston
Yes. The top Horde lore characters were unable to 5v1 Jaina, because she is basically a demigod at this point. So they had to light a bunch of fires as a distraction.

The bad writing had to protect the Horde, just as the bad writing has given the Alliance every military advantage possible.

Wrong. The bad writting is in giving the Alliance these cheap, fake "power advantages" so the little biased devs can simply handle everything they want to the Horde.

Pay attention who got away and who failed miserably at their job no matter how obvious the solutation regardless all that massive amount of power. Pay attention how every source of power which would make the Alliance win, suddenly disappears so the Horde can win.

Boy, your posts are the definition of spinning and twisting.

You continue to literally prove my point. Agree with everything I am saying. Then at the last second pretend like we disagree.

I am straight up acknowledging that the Alliance acts stupid. I am straight up acknowledging the Alliance forgets they have all these I-win buttons. And its not Horde Bias. Its bad writing for both sides.

The bad writing that gives the Alliance all these advantages, has to be countered somehow or the story would be over. This is countered right now via stupidity and forgetfulness.

I am agreeing the Alliance needs to be written better. I am just also saying the Horde does too. Its connected. its not a bias that both sides are written badly. They are just written badly in different ways.

if the Horde was written better. Given stronger lore characters, people that could actually challenge the Alliance side, the Alliance could be written smarter. Could be written to use all those advantages they continuously forget about.
well it follows a theme here, evil people join the horde.
gouldan...
garrosh...
sylvanas...
the infinite dragon flight (aka bronze dragons)

yup checks out with facts so far.
08/27/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Sigrún
How does Chromie fit in? Wouldn't all those horde jerks have an irresistible urge to punt her whenever she's in her humanoid form?

Oh come on, we know the other alliance race also loves punting Gnomes :P
08/27/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Moonfalls
08/27/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Akston

And what happened when the top Horde leaders, two of them being magically inclined encountered Jaina?

They got off scot-free requiring yet another Deus ex Jaina to keep Stormwind from being burned to a pile of ashes just like Teldrasill.

Thats a weird way to spell "ran away scared because their powers combined couldn't even make Jaina blink or break a sweat"
08/27/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Akston
Thanks for literally proving my point.

The Alliance has all the advantages (due to bad writing), and the only way the Horde can do anything is if the Alliance conveniently forgets about those advantages (due to bad writing.

I don't know how to spell it out any better.

I want stronger lore characters on the Horde side, so that both sides of the story can improve. As long as the Alliance is better at everything, they have to write things so poorly and "forget" about things and create huge plot holes so that the Horde can do *anything*.

Thanks for literally being wrong in everything you say?

This is how you reach rock-bottom as a Horde fanboy. When you try to use the very bad writting allowing the Horde to win whenever they feel like, to complain they're the poor victims of Alliance bias and "the Horde can only do something because of the bad writting! *cries*".

You don't get to twist the lore just so your side can get whatever the heck you want. That's EXACTLY the problem.
08/27/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Akston
08/27/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Moonfalls

Thats a weird way to spell "ran away scared because their powers combined couldn't even make Jaina blink or break a sweat"

That's your headcanon mate. Do you think they had time to stay and fight her even if they could? The whole Stormwind guard would be on their asses within seconds. She wasn't even alone, there were plenty of 7th Legion mages with her.
08/27/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Nazjira

The Alliance has all the advantages (due to bad writing), and the only way the Horde can do anything is if the Alliance conveniently forgets about those advantages (due to bad writing.

I want stronger lore characters on the Horde side, so that both sides of the story can improve. As long as the Alliance is better at everything, they have to write things so poorly and "forget" about things and create huge plot holes so that the Horde can do *anything*.

This is how you reach rock-bottom as a Horde fanboy. When you try to use the very bad writting allowing the Horde to win whenever they feel like, to complain they're the poor victims of Alliance bias and "the Horde can only do something because of the bad writting! *cries*".

You don't get to twist the lore just so your side can get whatever the heck you want. That's EXACTLY the problem.

I never said the Horde was the victims of an Alliance bias.

I said both sides are written badly, in different ways. And the only way for the bad writing to be countered, is more bad writing. Unless they even the war up.

Are you even reading what I am writing? Or just trolling?

How many times have I said now I want the Alliance written better, written smarter?

How many times have I seen you or anyone else ask also ask the same for the Horde?

I want both sides written better. You are the ony proclaiming your one sided fanboyism.
08/27/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Nazjira

You cant really be this dense.... Can you?
08/27/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Akston
You continue to literally prove my point. Agree with everything I am saying. Then at the last second pretend like we disagree.

I am straight up acknowledging that the Alliance acts stupid. I am straight up acknowledging the Alliance forgets they have all these I-win buttons. And its not Horde Bias. Its bad writing for both sides.

The bad writing that gives the Alliance all these advantages, has to be countered somehow or the story would be over. This is countered right now via stupidity and forgetfulness.

I am agreeing the Alliance needs to be written better. I am just also saying the Horde does too. Its connected. its not a bias that both sides are written badly. They are just written badly in different ways.

if the Horde was written better. Given stronger lore characters, people that could actually challenge the Alliance side, the Alliance could be written smarter. Could be written to use all those advantages they continuously forget about.

No, we don't agree.

You're trying to paint the normal things that are part of the narrative, like Night Elves supposed to have large numbers (y'know, the sort of stuff that do not support the idea the Horde can just walk in Teldrassil and murder 99% of the Night Elf population?) as some sort of irrational, bad writting thing that happens to "benefit the Alliance too much" and the only way the "poor Horde can do anything" is by twisting the situation else the story is bad.

Your mindset is literally "if you Horde can't do whatever they want, then the writting is bad and is giving too much power to the Alliance".
08/27/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Ayaani

That's your headcanon mate. Do you think they had time to stay and fight her even if they could? The whole Stormwind guard would be on their asses within seconds. She wasn't even alone, there were plenty of 7th Legion mages with her.

Show me any proof that any Horde leader has done anything close to what Jaina has done. Powerwise.
08/27/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Hephestia
The horde is evil, so i suppose they are feeling some of her wrath right now

In your opinon
08/27/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Nazjira
08/27/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Akston

No, we don't agree.

You're trying to paint the normal things that are part of the narrative, like Night Elves supposed to have large numbers (y'know, the sort of stuff that do not support the idea the Horde can just walk in Teldrassil and murder 99% of the Night Elf population?) as some sort of irrational, bad writting thing that happens to "benefit the Alliance too much" and the only way the "poor Horde can do anything" is by twisting the situation else the story is bad.

Your mindset is literally "if you Horde can't do whatever they want, then the writting is bad and is giving too much power to the Alliance".

I never mentioned night elves.

I never said the Horde should be able to do whatever they want.

Are we even having the same conversation?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

That troll princess has been shown to be just as powerful as Jaina. She is pretty obviously meant to be her balance. Sylvanas is already strong enough to 1v1 Malfurion. There aren't any other really powerful Alliance characters. Velen now that Argus has been dealt with will be permanently placed on the bench. Tyrande over the years has been reduced to nothing but a love sick schoolgirl. None of the other Alliance leaders have any 'exceptional' powers to speak of, just normal humans and dwarves and gnomes.

I don't see any evidence of this great gap in power between the two factions lore characters you seem to think exists.
08/27/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Zoopain
You cant really be this dense.... Can you?

No, but I think you can, right?
For the love of god op its monday.
08/27/2018 12:16 AMPosted by Tapartos
PURE SPECULATIONS

You should have started your post with that OP. Your entire theory is based upon an assumption.