Issues holding threat

General Discussion
So the past few days I've been leveling my Prot Paladin which is now 52. Last night running a large chain of dungeons I had zero problems holding threat for the rest of the group.

Today however I have extreme difficulty holding threat. I'm a seasoned player when it comes to playing tank roles so I have no idea what is going on. My friend is my healer and he's noticed problems as he used to be able to come in and dps between heals. However, his monk tosses me a heal and then punches something and I go from a large threat lead to him having aggro. Had the same thing with a fury warrior as well. I'm rotating targets, Keeping Consecrate down, and making sure to give extra love to the primary target the group is fighting but I'm losing aggro at the snap of my fingers and this wasn't an issue prior to today.

Has anyone else had this issue since the servers came back up from maintenance today?
Is Righteous Fury, still a thing for pallies?

May of accidentally clicked it off, it go away when you switched specs too.

Other than that, maybe too much dmg they were putting out.

While you were not enough.

Tank dmg is a Tank's threat.

Only things I can think of currently.
08/28/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Effigie
Is Righteous Fury, still a thing for pallies?

May of accidentally clicked it off, it go away when you switched specs too.

Other than that, maybe too much dmg they were putting out.

While you were not enough.

Tank dmg is a Tank's threat.

Only things I can think of currently.

Righteous fury is no longer a thing. I'm fully loomed with enchants, and like I said.. until after the reset yesterday I had absolutely zero problems holding threat as I followed my usual rotation and such. I don't see anything else mentioned here, and at 120 obviously it isn't an issue. But this came out of nowhere. I shouldn't go full ham on a target and watch a monk Rising Sun Kick it once and knock my threat down to 40%. Something's not quite right.
You are doing something very wrong if a pally tank is losing threat. I would take a look at what you chose for talents and then take an even harder look at your rotation.

My pally tanks generate and hold threat very well unless someone directly taunts off. Or you know a warlock or hunter is around.
Is it really an issue of holding threat or dps attacking before you gather all the mobs? I only have threat troubles with mobs I'm not damaging.
08/29/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Ðarkelf
You are doing something very wrong if a pally tank is losing threat. I would take a look at what you chose for talents and then take an even harder look at your rotation.

My pally tanks generate and hold threat very well unless someone directly taunts off. Or you know a warlock or hunter is around.

Again, zero problems until after Tuesday. I use the Icy Veins build, I have full looms. There was zero problem until the other day. I shouldn't open with a shield toss, judgement, shield slam and consecrate only to then have a monk of my level roll in and do one Rising Sun Kick to destroy my threat. Something is NOT right for this to happen abruptly. I was taunting left and right off him and a fury warrior.