Why doesn't Jaina just freeze magic away the blight in Lordaeron?

General Discussion
Sylvanas obviously didn't account for that to be possible.

Why doesn't she just do that to the city?
Probably because magic isn't like in the game where you can just instantly do it, maybe wait a little for a cooldown to finish. It probably took days to prepare for a spell like she did, much less do that over an entire city.
She is a "mana expensive" mage?
She may eventually. Could be how they clean up lordaeron before giving it to calia Menethil
All the ways may complicate things.
08/08/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Amishka

Go to UC after you finish the event, and you will see that the area that Jaina froze is now blighted.
She's alittle tied up atm and will try to get back around to that later.
:)

Edit: just got word from the Lady.
*Ahem*

"I will arrive in time to do that precisely when I intend to."
She was oom after freezing the exits after bombarding the walls with her magic canons and she couldn't eat her mana buns because she was still in combat.
08/08/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Lixä
08/08/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Amishka

Go to UC after you finish the event, and you will see that the area that Jaina froze is now blighted.

Well, she did nuke it when she fled. so more exploded and went through the front gate.
08/08/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Smuffy
She is a "mana expensive" mage?

Well, Jaina is high maintenance if that's what you mean. I mean, look what her parents had to go through because of her.
Yeah she didn't get rid of the blight, she just temporarily relocated it.

What she casted was a force wave of sorts. It pushed it from the main entrance, allowing the Alliance to pass. But it was still there, just out of the way temporarily.

If you notice when you go back, the blight is all there again, meaning it was only a temp solution, not a permanent one.
Do we know if it's anything other than a temporary effect?

Go look at the battlefield afterwards. While you can make the argument that, "maybe some blight spilled out of the city", myself, I didn't see anything still frozen.

It's likely it was a temporary solution.
For the same reason that the countless mages residing in Darnassus couldn't do something similar with the flames there on a smaller scale. And for the same reason that horde catapults were able to basketball their projectiles into a target that's at least a mile above sea level and a mile off shore from their firing positions.

Because the writing is bad and stupid.
The new blight is from the explosion.
Only a temporary measure.
08/08/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Adeladria
For the same reason that the countless mages residing in Darnassus couldn't do something similar with the flames there on a smaller scale. And for the same reason that horde catapults were able to basketball their projectiles into a target that's at least a mile above sea level and a mile off shore from their firing positions.

Because the writing is bad and stupid.

Or because freezing the blight is not a permanent solution and that only the red dragonflight fire can counter it?.
If Blight were so easily ('easily' being relative in this case) cleansed, it wouldn't be the horrific, scarring, destroying substance that it is, and we wouldn't have a reason to be as concerned that Sylvanas is using it as we are (putting aside that we should be concerned that she used it at all--I'm referring to the intended permanence of the stuff itself, not what it took out).

Freezing something is not the same as destroying it, unfortunately, and like any other mage spells, it does have to end and release the target at some point.

Now, if she manages to hit Godmode at some point and channel some pure, otherworldly power that can cleanse it once and for all, that would be a different matter entirely. It would probably also mean that Jaina finally did go off the deep end, and everyone on both sides should probably run. ;)
08/08/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Vestalla
Yeah she didn't get rid of the blight, she just temporarily relocated it.

What she casted was a force wave of sorts. It pushed it from the main entrance, allowing the Alliance to pass. But it was still there, just out of the way temporarily.

If you notice when you go back, the blight is all there again, meaning it was only a temp solution, not a permanent one.

Nah she did get rid of it entirely youcan tell just looking at the cinematic. What you see in game is from the second blight explosion.