Remember Horde, Saurfang Abandoned You.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
He also failed to finish off Malfurion which was the point of almost everything we were doing.
08/09/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Queuequeue
he abandoned a reckless leader
Sylvanas is FAR from reckless. She is a cold and calculated tactician. She knows exactly what she is doing. Even Anduin quotes that she is dangerous because she is always two steps ahead.

The unfortunate part is that the story telling in game is very incomplete. If you read the Novellas it gives a better understanding. The burning of Teldrassil was not a reckless decision on a whim. It wasnt the original plan, but she already knew Saurfang spared Malfurion. She left Malfurion to Saurfang as a test, which he failed. Hopefully Blizzard fleshes out the story more IN GAME so we stop having people screaming on the forums about how evil Sylvanas is when they dont see the whole picture.
08/09/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Worldwartyr
stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask if honor matters

It matters.
08/09/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Annaillusion
Rather you support Sylvanas or not. Remember Saurfang abandoned you. He either Abandoned you and left you with the dark lady to fend for yourself. Or He disobeyed your warchiefs orders and abandoned the horde to fight the battle. No matter how you toss the coin his choice to leave the horde behind him. This choice, was without honor and has no excusable defense. Saurfang from all points of view should be labeled a coward, a traitor, and a orc without honor. There is no honor in abandoning your people.

This is why Blizzard felt the need to explain the game isn't black and white. Some people haven't the ability to think outside the box and think that what they see must be all there is.

The rest of us who can read between the lines will be rolling our eyes when things turn out differently and people who think like you are screaming retcon and claiming Blizz had to write their way around what you thought they were going for.
I would have stayed behind at the gate with him if the game had allowed it.
I've pretty much completely given up on the writing team for the overall faction story at this point. Now I really only care how well the actual zone stories go over with BFA.

The only thing really keeping me mildly hopeful is the Zandalari stuff.

08/09/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Khrava
I would have stayed behind at the gate with him if the game had allowed it.

Also this. Having a vacation home in the Stormwind Stockades is infinitely better serving that train wreck of a character.
08/09/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Yahargul
Sylvanas is FAR from reckless. She is a cold and calculated tactician.

Your ghostie waifu is a blithering idiot.

She fails at every step of the way in her war on Teldrassil, finally failing so badly that her only way to claim victory is to take a city full of civilians and burn them alive because an elf girl triggered her by talking about hope.

She so greatly misunderstands mortal emotions that she thinks that this will break the Night Elves, when instead, it fractures the Horde and galvanizes the Alliance into a violent reprisal that costs the Horde one of their factional cities.

At the battle of Lordaeron, she further shreds Horde honor by deliberately bombing Horde soldiers, to murder them and raise them as a mindless zombie army, and still manages to screw it up and still loses the city.

Literally nothing she sets out to do works. Nothing.
08/09/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Bosshog
I don't know. Saurfang seems like a nice guy.

Agreed. He does care about honor. He's ashamed of how the horde took down Malfurion.

08/09/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Xzistance
Did Saurfang abandon the Horde? OR, did the Horde abandon Saurfang?

I feel like the horde is abandoning Saurfang. Sylvanas is going rogue (hehe) as Warchief.
I just have to one thing to say to all you "horde" members who wanted to abandon your allies with Saurfang. To all those people who think Sylvanas is a reck and a horrible leader.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-service-faction-change

Dont let the door hit you on the way out pansies.
08/09/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Aranass
He was a suicidal idiot.

It's funny that you call him an idiot when he's the strategist that planned the horde attack.
08/09/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Hamstar
He also failed to finish off Malfurion which was the point of almost everything we were doing.
So did Sylvanas. She was going to kill him herself. And then she decided she wanted Saurfang to do it for her (so she could own him).... and he refused. Good for him.
08/09/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Infernastorm
because an elf girl triggered her by talking about hope.
Nope. Please look into the story telling. Thats what the in game cutscene makes you think, but there is more to it.
08/09/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Infernastorm
manages to screw it up and still loses the city.

Nope. She knew the city would fall from the beginning. It was all planned. Please again, look further into the story than just the in game cut scene.
Saurfang didn't abandon the Horde, the Horde abandoned Saurfang.

Saurfang realized that the Horde is no longer the Horde.

This isn't about survival of the Horde, this is about Sylvanas using the Horde for her own petty goals.

The Horde was once about a group of misfits banding together for survival, fighting tooth and nail against the Alliance that was always prejudiced against their races for whatever reason.

Now, the Alliance has again and again offered and open hand only to have it slapped away first by Garrosh, now by Sylvanas, both who sought to start new conflicts for selfish and greedy purposes.

The Horde is no longer a band of misfits wanting to survive and live, it is now a mindless tool, and weapon to be used for the personal goals of whoever sits on that chair in Orgrimmar.

Saurfang woke up and saw the daylight, and he's not going to fight for that.

Saurfang was quite brave, and right to leave it behind. The "Horde" has become the very thing that they claimed to hate.
08/09/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Yahargul
I just have to one thing to say to all you "horde" members who wanted to abandon your allies with Saurfang. To all those people who think Sylvanas is a reck and a horrible leader.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-service-faction-change

Dont let the door hit you on the way out pansies.

You sound exactly like the Garrosh fanboys from Mists. I enjoyed taunting them with my loot drops that I got from Garrosh.
[quote="207663379698"]she decided she wanted Saurfang to do it for her (so she could own him)

She already had suspicions of Saurfangs wavering loyalty. She actually left Malfurion to Saurfang as a test of his loyalty, which he failed. She also had the blight and the whole battle for lordaoron planned, but she didnt tell Saurfang the whole plan because he couldnt be trusted. (And with good reason)
08/09/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Yahargul
Nope. Please look into the story telling. Thats what the in game cutscene makes you think, but there is more to it.

She was triggered by it though, her entire realization of the hope thing came from there. Which is still an idiotic thing because controlling a city as hostage is literally 1000 more important than some random morale thing.
saurfang gonna save horde from Sylvanas. this is just garrosh 2.0 and instead of sha we will have void.
08/09/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Yahargul

So, ignore the game, read this other stuff?

Nah, she got triggered like the complete imbecile that she is.

08/09/2018 02:12 PMPosted by Yahargul
Nope. She knew the city would fall from the beginning. It was all planned.

She planned to lose the city? What a strategic stable genius she is. lol
08/09/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Mikaelle
Which is still an idiotic thing because controlling a city as hostage is literally 1000 more important than some random morale thing.

Thank you. At least holding the civilian population as hostages would have saved the Undercity from being demolished.

And it would have been far more honorable than burning them alive because some dying elf made you mad.