Remember Horde, Saurfang Abandoned You.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
08/09/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Xzistance
Did Saurfang abandon the Horde? OR, did the Horde abandon Saurfang?

This. And I think the latter.

Specifically, Sylvanas abandoned him. Not only did she leave him to die, she threatened to raise him as a corpse slave and taunted him about his dead son (killed by Forsaken at Wrathgate). I wouldn't follow a warchief like that either.
08/09/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Infernastorm
You sound exactly like the Garrosh fanboys from Mists. I enjoyed taunting them with my loot drops that I got from Garrosh

Yeah lol and Im still mad at Blizzard for destroying my favorite character in warcraft lore. I know there is more depth to the Sylvanas story than theyre letting on. But I am hopeful they dont make her into a boss or something. I dont care if shes evil. Ill burn children for her. I dont mind being evil. If i wanted to be a goody good face id be on the alliance under the little lions peace brigade. I just hope blizzard keeps her in the game because she is my second long time favorite aside from Garrosh before they turned him evil
08/09/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Yahargul
Yeah lol and Im still mad at Blizzard for destroying my favorite character in warcraft lore.

I don't even have a reply, I just wanted to quote this so that everyone can see it and get a better idea of where your opinions are coming from.

You liked Garrosh. lol
Saurfang is a traitor and honestly him sitting in Alliance jail is gonna be of no loss to the Horde you guys will be the ones that have to support him with food, water, resources, etc.
08/09/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Infernastorm
08/09/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Yahargul
Yeah lol and Im still mad at Blizzard for destroying my favorite character in warcraft lore.

I don't even have a reply, I just wanted to quote this so that everyone can see it and get a better idea of where your opinions are coming from.

You liked Garrosh. lol

Well to be fair back in Cata Garrosh had the potential, like Varian, to grow into a better leader than what they were in Wrath, sadly Blizzard didn't go that route.
08/09/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Hirai
Now, the Alliance has again and again offered and open hand only to have it slapped away first by Garrosh, now by Sylvanas, both who sought to start new conflicts for selfish and greedy purposes.

Sylvanas isnt a mindless evil moron like Blizz turned Garrosh into. She declines peace because she knows it cant last. There is too much history behind the horde and the alliance. Just because Anduin wants peace doesnt mean his subjects can ever live in peace with the people that sacked stormwind, murdered countless numbers or humans, almost wiped the Draenei into extinction etc.

The events in the book "Before the Storm" do a really good job of covering how there can be no peace due to people just not being able to forgive and forget.

There is even some dialogue between Saurfang and Sylvanas about this very topic.
@Infernastorm I liked Garrosh before they ruined him in MoP. I was really hoping for a redemption story with him, but instead they had Thrall cheat in Mak'gora and kill him.
08/09/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Yahargul
Sylvanas isnt a mindless evil moron like Blizz turned Garrosh into. She declines peace because she knows it cant last.

Can you see how insanely nihilistic that is? "Why have peace now when eventually it'll fail? Let's just go ahead and kill each other right now and get it over with!"
08/09/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Infernastorm
Sylvanas isnt a mindless evil moron like Blizz turned Garrosh into. She declines peace because she knows it cant last.

Can you see how insanely nihilistic that is? "Why have peace now when eventually it'll fail? Let's just go ahead and kill each other right now and get it over with!"

Thats straight out of the Blizzards writing lol. Not my words. I dont remember the exact quote, but its something along the lines of 'peace, for what 1 day? 1 month? 1 year? Then what? What happens when members of the alliance realize they cant stand to live aomg us etc etc' something like that.
08/09/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Infernastorm

That's what Jaina's dad believed, and she fought for peace and ended up learning the hard way. Same reason communism doesn't work IRL. If we did find peace there will always be someone to try and exploit it. That's why countries at peace still have armies. :)
08/09/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Spiçy
08/09/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Infernastorm
I'm more interested in dealing with Sylvanas and her deliberate Blighting of Horde soldiers.

It’s called cutting your losses. It sucks but the cold reality is it’s better lose a few than it is to lose a lot trying to save those few

Are you sure it's not call murder and being a traitor?
08/09/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Onoswun
He's a Horde veteran from WC1. I hope he dies horribly at your own hands.

Me too.

Rather it be us than some filthy alliance scum. He at least deserves the honor of being killed by his own people.
08/09/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Bosshog
I don't know. Saurfang seems like a nice guy.

He is. He just has problems with feeling low from time to time. He get like this when he's off his meds.

People should have more empathy for his weird mental flip flops. He was a tank for a long time after all. Epic blows to the head and all...

/salute
08/09/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Annaillusion
Remember Saurfang abandoned you.

Consider that 2 expansions ago the PC (whether the PC wanted to be or not) was alongside: Thrall, Chen, Vol'jin, Lorthemar, Baine, Sylvanas, and the Alliance fighting to oust an Orc Supremacist Warchief who was about to ignite a faction war.

So the PC going along with Sylvanas (whether they want to or not) actually starting a faction conflict that makes a tired old orc want to seek an honorable end in battle says jack all about the PC's motivations, allegiances, or feelings about said tired old orc.
08/09/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Valdrane
08/09/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Onoswun
He's a Horde veteran from WC1. I hope he dies horribly at your own hands.

Me too.

Rather it be us than some filthy alliance scum. He at least deserves the honor of being killed by his own people.
I would hope honorably in either case.
08/09/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Onoswun
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Me too.

I would hope honorably in either case.

I wouldnt mind if Sylvanas strung him up in Orgrimmar (like Onyxias head) for all to see the penalty for treason.

Edit: I take it back, I wouldnt like to see that. But it would certainly shake things up hah
Much edge, such WoW! XD
Yeah, I strongly suspect you all get him back in a 15 minute quest line.
He didn't abandon the Horde. He turned his back on Sylvanas. It also seems like Baine despises her, Lor'Themar no longer trusts her, and even Nathanos isn't really sure what to do anymore. That's just what i witnessed from the final cinematic.
08/09/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Khrava
I would have stayed behind at the gate with him if the game had allowed it.

Same.
08/09/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Hirai
Saurfang realized that the Horde is no longer the Horde.
Correct. It's Scourge 2.0.
08/09/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Onoswun
You all swore that to Garrosh. All of you should be dead.

I swore this to Thrall. The flipside of the Horde oath is that the Warchief must earn and retain the respect of their subordinates. For most of the Warchiefs, this has already been accomplished by the time they take that position. For Sylvanas, it was already an uphill battle. She's lost what little respect I harbored for her. She's a brilliant tactician, but a terrible leader.