Remember Horde, Saurfang Abandoned You.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
Saurfang deserves to die for what he did decades ago with the original Horde. He gleefully rampaged across the burning streets of Stormwind, slaughtering women and children without a care.

I don't care that he's regretful about it now. I don't care that he's "honorable". He deserves to die!
08/09/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Arkimus
That's just what i witnessed from the final cinematic.

Unfortunately the cinematic and in game event leave out a lot of details. I recommend reading the novellas, and also the before the storm book. Gives a lot more perspective.
08/09/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Relictor
Saurfang deserves to die for what he did decades ago with the original Horde. He gleefully rampaged across the burning streets of Stormwind, slaughtering women and children without a care.

I don't care that he's regretful about it now. I don't care that he's "honorable". He deserves to die!

Prime example of why Sylvanas says no to peace. Too many members of the alliance couldnt live in peace with the horde. Too much bad blood from the past.
08/09/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Yahargul
I just have to one thing to say to all you "horde" members who wanted to abandon your allies with Saurfang. To all those people who think Sylvanas is a reck and a horrible leader.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-service-faction-change

Dont let the door hit you on the way out pansies.

now this is a real man.

for the horde !@#$%es
08/09/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Worldwartyr
08/09/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Yahargul
I just have to one thing to say to all you "horde" members who wanted to abandon your allies with Saurfang. To all those people who think Sylvanas is a reck and a horrible leader.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-service-faction-change

Dont let the door hit you on the way out pansies.

now this is a real man.

for the horde !@#$%es

Spoken like someone who has no actual clue what Thrall's original Horde was supposed to represent.

Keep your edgelord trash.
08/09/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Barrison
Yeah, I strongly suspect you all get him back in a 15 minute quest line.

Wiser words may never have been spoken.

/salute
Remember Horde, you're a bunch of henchmen following an evil leader that dragged the world into open conflict and burnt her only win condition.
Horde is going to splinter into two factions... its going to happen.
08/09/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Azothan
Horde is going to splinter into two factions... its going to happen.

I'd be okay with this.
08/09/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Shudder
08/09/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Infernastorm
I'm more interested in dealing with Sylvanas and her deliberate Blighting of Horde soldiers.

"Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!"

You already went against that once, when Garrosh decided the Horde was an orcs-only party club. If that's really such an inviolable oath, you're already in arrears on it, son.
08/09/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Mikaelle
08/09/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Aranass
He was a suicidal idiot.

It's funny that you call him an idiot when he's the strategist that planned the horde attack.

Actually almost everything was ordered by Sylvanas. The goal of killing Malfurion, that Saurfang take the long way around, ect.
08/09/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Infernastorm
08/09/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Yahargul
Sylvanas isnt a mindless evil moron like Blizz turned Garrosh into. She declines peace because she knows it cant last.

Can you see how insanely nihilistic that is? "Why have peace now when eventually it'll fail? Let's just go ahead and kill each other right now and get it over with!"

Yes, but once she wins and has raised everyone as undead, that's when the eternal peace sets in...

Wait a minute! I feel like we've heard that plan before!
08/09/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Curseplat

now this is a real man.

for the horde !@#$%es

Spoken like someone who has no actual clue what Thrall's original Horde was supposed to represent.

Thralls original horde died when he abandoned them to lead the Earthen Ring and left it to Garrosh
08/09/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Yahargul
The burning of Teldrassil was not a reckless decision on a whim. It wasnt the original plan, but she already knew Saurfang spared Malfurion.

While this is true, it doesn't make what she did any less evil. If anything, it is more so. "She got super pissed off and made a rash decision that cost a huge strategic advantage" - game perspective

"She defaulted to an act of mass destruction in order to shatter the hope of an entire race, because she couldn't kill their most beloved hero (who acted neutral until the invasion) so that she could break their fighting spirit, which instead united her enemies and left her wide-open to counter-attack." - Novella explanation

Explaining what she did doesn't change what she did. She is already more violent than Garrosh. He at least executed his general that committed a war crime on a civilian target. And he envoked Saurfang's own words while doing it.
Once he's been domesticated by the Alliance and filled with human potential, Saurfang will be ready to be a warchief Anduin can rely on.
Heck I did the battle for Lordaeron on alliance specifically to try and kill him. :(
08/09/2018 06:22 PMPosted by Ralanthel
Explaining what she did doesn't change what she did

No, but it lets people realize that she did it on purpose and with reasoning. It lays foundation to the fact that Sylvanas is not an just acting on a whim and being triggered.
08/09/2018 09:35 PMPosted by Yahargul
08/09/2018 06:22 PMPosted by Ralanthel
Explaining what she did doesn't change what she did

No, but it lets people realize that she did it on purpose and with reasoning. It lays foundation to the fact that Sylvanas is not an just acting on a whim and being triggered.

Oh so she burned down Teldrasil deliberately then. We will take that into consideration when we put her head on a spike.
08/09/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Curseplat

now this is a real man.

for the horde !@#$%es

yea !@#$ thall you tree hugging peace lover. this is warcraft not minecraft if you want to build bridges and hold hands you're in the wrong place. thrall was unfit to lead and made mistake after mistakes and now hes in a cave whipped by a woman that has said 3 words.

hes been written off into obscurity and good riddance. he was so awful he permanently nerfed shamans.

sylvanus is a warmongering intolerable wench but shes right. in a world like azeroth where there hasn't been peace in 40 years... countless wars, ancient enemies, demons and evil gods, you need to be strong at all times. the horse and alliance aren't going to see eye to eye ever so Rio out your opponents eyes. you strike first and strike the hardest. waiting around until your enemy makes the first move is pure stupidity.

the alliance is stronger than the horde. they have more resources and power. the only advantage the horde have is absolutely ruthlessness and the undead, and the ability to bring back the dead is severely held in check.

so yea, keep kissing trees and dancing in circles. I'm sure you would rather fish and craft as well
08/09/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Aranass
He was a suicidal idiot.

So, who cares?

Funny you mention that, Sylvanas killed herself, or did you forget that?