BFA Luanch meal plan

General Discussion
08/10/2018 01:25 AMPosted by Greenegg
What's edamame?

Soy bean, I think. They're not bad and they're good for you.
A 12 pack of Hot Pockets is like 10 bucks, you'll be set
08/10/2018 01:28 AMPosted by Endre
A 12 pack of Hot Pockets is like 10 bucks, you'll be set

As much as I love hot pockets, Wanting to avoid that sort of food for launch :)
A tuna sandwich and a lot of water.
A nice camembert, water crackers, grapes & strawberries. Big pot of tea.
Make a big crock pot of chili. You can feed off of that for days.
Just get meal replacement or an IV so you can comfortably stay seated, maybe even a catheter so you don't have to get up.
08/10/2018 12:37 AMPosted by Yamstarch
Basically most higher protein foods and foods rich in omega-3s

If you like eggs, you can hard boil and peel some ahead of time. They make great snacks. Or you can use them in salads, or sandwiches.

Nuts are really good too.

My personal favorite meals are nice bits of fatty fish like Tuna and Salmon. So maybe some tuna sandwiches or tuna salad.

If you want to stay more healthy, but also snack Apples and Strawberries are great. Just be mindful of the natural sugars.

If you like veggies as snack, then carrots and edamame are good. I like to put edamame in the fridge and them eat them cold.

Avocados are good too.

Also pretty much anything green and leafy, especially cabbage.

you can google simple energy boosting recipes too and see what peaks your interest.

This is perfect advice. Specially the hard boiled eggs. I love them with Valentina or Chalula sauce. grilling up multiple chicken breasts ahead of time and eating them with some oatmeal with chia is a good solid meal too.

But this chap I’m quoting offers solid advice in my book.

Edit to add: if you want more carbs, I’ve been loving the Kodiak Cakes pancake/waffle mix. I just add water and the Macros are pretty good - again, if you’re not into the ketosis/paleo thing. Easy to make with a basic waffle maker and freeze ‘em and then put them in toaster.

I eat them plain, no butter or maple syrup and they taste great to me.

Then again, I often eat 1 to 2 cups of steel cut oats straight with only black chia seeds and love that.
Make a big pot of stew, divide them among containers, and freeze them. Then when you get hungry you can always reheat them in the microwave or on the stove. Stock up on some bread, rice, or your favorite carbohydrate and eat them with the stew. If you need snacks you can eat fruits like apples that are rich in fiber and will tide you over longer. Nuts are also a nice option and are rich in protein. I prefer almonds and cashews myself.
08/10/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Lolorc
Just get meal replacement or an IV so you can comfortably stay seated, maybe even a catheter so you don't have to get up.

not going to lie, If I had access to an IV, I'd use it. god knows I've had enough ports on my arm lol.
08/10/2018 01:44 AMPosted by Evylline
Make a big pot of stew, divide them among containers, and freeze them. Then when you get hungry you can always reheat them in the microwave or on the stove. Stock up on some bread, rice, or your favorite carbohydrate and eat them with the stew. If you need snacks you can eat fruits like apples that are rich in fiber and will tide you over longer. Nuts are also a nice option and are rich in protein. I prefer almonds and cashews myself.

Mmmm, May aswell do a Stew and a stir fry, I do have a slow cooker. should keep me set for a few days. thanks heaps <3
08/10/2018 01:27 AMPosted by Espur
08/10/2018 01:25 AMPosted by Greenegg
What's edamame?

Yeah sorry. I could have said a bit more.

I live in Japan and they are a pretty popular snack here.

All I do is blanch and chill them. I just pop the pods open and eat the beans "raw"
08/10/2018 01:44 AMPosted by Lilywhite
08/10/2018 12:37 AMPosted by Yamstarch
Basically most higher protein foods and foods rich in omega-3s

If you like eggs, you can hard boil and peel some ahead of time. They make great snacks. Or you can use them in salads, or sandwiches.

Nuts are really good too.

My personal favorite meals are nice bits of fatty fish like Tuna and Salmon. So maybe some tuna sandwiches or tuna salad.

If you want to stay more healthy, but also snack Apples and Strawberries are great. Just be mindful of the natural sugars.

If you like veggies as snack, then carrots and edamame are good. I like to put edamame in the fridge and them eat them cold.

Avocados are good too.

Also pretty much anything green and leafy, especially cabbage.

you can google simple energy boosting recipes too and see what peaks your interest.

This is perfect advice. Specially the hard boiled eggs. I love them with Valentina or Chalula sauce. grilling up multiple chicken breasts ahead of time and eating them with some oatmeal with chia is a good solid meal too.

Edit to add: if you want more carbs, I’ve been loving the Kodiak Cakes pancake/waffle mix. I just add water and the Macros are pretty good - again, if you’re not into the ketosis/paleo thing. Easy to make with a basic waffle maker and freeze ‘em and then put them in toaster.

Then again, I often eat 1 to 2 cups of steel cut oats straight with only black chia seeds and love that.

Now you've got me wanting pancakes. I haven't made any in a long long time. I make French Toast from time to time, but typically use fresh home made jams or preserves for toppings.
08/10/2018 01:54 AMPosted by Yamstarch
08/10/2018 01:27 AMPosted by Espur

Yeah sorry. I could have said a bit more.

I live in Japan and they are a pretty popular snack here.

All I do is blanch and chill them. I just pop the pods open and eat the beans "raw"

yum ^.^!
Blender

Chocolate Malt just do it.
Gazpacho (cold tomato soup)
Fruit smoothies

BBQ

Steak, tritip, carne asada, pollo asada (tacos y burritos), marinated chicken of any kind

Toaster

Bagel Sandwiches (I like fried egg w/ cheddar, bacon. Turkey is good too)
Frozen Waffles with real Maple Syrup

ovan

Roasted asparagus
Roasted root veggies (carrots, potatoes, onions)
Roasted red potatoes with rosemary and garlic (can add chicken thighs)

Stovetop

Spaghettio Aglio e Olio (I like fettucini for this, do not skimp on the parsley or good cheese)
Garlic Shrimp
Teriyaki chicken
Ramen (throw out the packet, get a broth hack, soft boil eggs, add ton of fresh veg, maybe pork belly, eat with cheap chopsticks)

Grill

Burgers, Brats on a Roll with grilled onions n other fixins, chili dogs with cheddar and finely chopped white onion, grilled eggplant, grilled veggies

Microwave

Baked potatoes with your favorite toppings
I second Uber Eats.

Or just take the time to cook yourself something decent. The game will still be there waiting if you're gone for for 30 minutes.
Do what we always do.

Cook a big piece of meat. Hack it up and put in the refrigerator. Or several.

Cook a big bowl of vegetable. Or several.

Rice or bread.

Dish it up in 1 minute, heat it in 2, and you've got a healthy meal.
08/10/2018 01:56 AMPosted by Yamstarch
08/10/2018 01:44 AMPosted by Lilywhite

Now you've got me wanting pancakes. I haven't made any in a long long time. I make French Toast from time to time, but typically use fresh home made jams or preserves for toppings.

French Toast with home made jams and preserves? Sweet Green jesus that sounds delightful.
For Legion launch, I remember that I had prepped some mason jar salads and it was actually super convenient. Put your dressing in the bottom of a jar, then your meats and watery veggies, the denser veggies (like carrots), cheese, greens. When you're ready to eat, just shake it really good to mix it all up and chow down :)
Changing your diet is fine, but be warned it’s highly likely to cause stomach issues.