I've Won Like (BGs)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
08/11/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Ånubis
08/11/2018 09:35 PMPosted by Sabbia
Dude, I win A LOT. Are you sure it's not just you?

You just need an injection of some old fashioned "git gud."

I'm literally always top 1-2 DPS/healing WHILE on the objectives.
So, no, it's not me.

08/11/2018 09:35 PMPosted by Cooterthug
So......if top PvP players are on horde....on average, horde SHOULD be winning. You want Blizzard to give you a helping hand because you are bad (relatively)? Am I missing something here?

Blizz should balance their factions. All the good PVPers went Horde for a reason. Give some a reason to go back to Alliance.

You mean like when the arena ladder was, what, 95% alliance last expansion? Or when it took almost 8 years for EMFH to be nerfed while arcane torrent and relentless + orc racial became a problem and were subsequently nerfed within legion’s lifetime? How about humans having a racial that was so strong against rogues and druids that it was replaced with emfh, which was considered a downgrade?

Yes, horde has better racials right now, but can we stop pretending that alliance has always gotten the short end of the stick?

More related to the topic at hand, imo all racials should be utility racials and turned off in PvP entirely. If they provide such an advantage that one side always has a population spike based on what racials are “meta” at the moment, then they probably should have been turned off a long time ago.
08/11/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Borgini
08/11/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Krothare

Hey look it's a Horde MVP trying to downplay how badly Horde is controlling this entire game, didn't see this coming

Hi, I'm an alliance non-MVP and I'm trying to tell you that you are not oppressed, bye.

So you are just blind to how many Horde guilds are controlling the entire raid, PvP and M+ scene? Alright
08/11/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Aragost
08/11/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Ånubis
Horde win every BG more often except for IoC.
And it's more like a 15-20% difference which is MASSIVE

With hundreds of BGs going on at once, a 10% higher win ratio isnt that much....

Maybe.... your team is bad
OR
Are you bad?

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. 10% is a huge discrepancy, and it's been like this for 2 years straight. The discrepancy is "round the clock hot fixes till it gets more like 52-48" bad. The devs should be ashamed of a skew like this.
If they get around to fixing it, they'll just swing it back to the Alliance and the Horde will suffer.

They never actually sit down and come up with a population and balance solution, they just play musical chairs.

Huge issue with design in most Blizzard games. Over buffs, over nerfs, shortsighted nonsense.
08/11/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Cyouskin
08/11/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Ånubis
2/8 while playing as Alliance.
4/4 while as Horde

https://i.imgur.com/BHlxeDD.jpg

Except his sample is not out of line with the overall data.

Greens are supposed to be helpful, not edgelords.
4/4 while as Horde

When will Blizzard address this?

Top PVE guilds/players are Horde
Top PVP players are Horde

It's bad right now and will only get worse if they literally don't give the Alliance a helping hand

Past 4 AVs I've been in, Alliance has lost. So they can't even win AV now.

#makealliancegreatagain
they can only truly fix this with free faction change for good players
and they will never do that.
08/11/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Elodine
If they get around to fixing it, they'll just swing it back to the Alliance and the Horde will suffer.

They never actually sit down and come up with a population and balance solution, they just play musical chairs.

Huge issue with design in most Blizzard games. Over buffs, over nerfs, shortsighted nonsense.

Here's how you fix it - blatantly overpower the Alliance racials till the populations start balancing out. Then remove racials completely. That's how we got into this mess, and it's the only way back out.
08/11/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Aragost
08/11/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Ånubis
It is. They didn't balance racials until it was too late.

Racials can give an edge in PvP but it only helps marginally, BGs come down to team coordination, communication, and skill. Do you know your class/spec? Do you know the class/spec youre going up against? Do you know the map? What is the objective and where should you be in said fight? Are you targeting the enemy healer?

Lots of factors in BGs, not just racials. Or else NO ONE would play Alliance

It's not the racials that make or break a BG. It's that the min-max'ers tend to be the better and more competitive players and they are the ones who are more likely to faction change for a racial than your average wow player. Because of this the team with the slightly better racials get the more competitive/better players, so they win more often.
According to the Battleground Forums it seems (at 110) Alliance is doing pretty good outside of AV right now. I have not played too much myself recently but I won just about all of my Alliance BG's so far.
Um...
Those are small samples.

Try doing 100 bgs. 50 for each faction.

At the very least, do 4 more horde bgs.
08/11/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Imatroll
I agree with you that Alliance needs significant help, but from my experience with alts lately, they seem strong in the lower level bgs. Horde can be absolutely wretched at low levels.

Yeah, I pretty much leveled from 60-89 almost purely bgs and we won the vast majority of them. Only losing to a couple of solid twink teams.

Honestly though, all my buddies that play alliance hate pvp. I’m not sure why, they typically have no idea how to do anything pvp related. It’s just a bad stigma that we need to fix. It will get better once we get our Dark iron brothers and sisters.
Horde is totally overpowered in PvP. That's why they can never win an Isle of Conquest.
I run BGs with guildies. So I don't have to deal with losing left and right.
4/4 while as Horde

oh wow

such a good sample size

and I'm sure you actually kept record of your wins and losses just in case you had to complain to the forums!
08/11/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Krothare
So you are just blind to how many Horde guilds are controlling the entire raid, PvP and M+ scene? Alright

Man, I can feel the oppression, must be hard for you to go on with life. Stay strong, brother.
If you dont like losing in random BGs then I suggest either getting some friends together or guildies.
4/4 while as Horde

When will Blizzard address this?

Top PVE guilds/players are Horde
Top PVP players are Horde

It's bad right now and will only get worse if they literally don't give the Alliance a helping hand

Past 4 AVs I've been in, Alliance has lost. So they can't even win AV now.

And what do you want Blizzard to do exactly? Pay us who prefer to mainly play Horde to main Alliance instead?

It's not like there is some magical fix to player preference outside of making one side grossly better then the other mechanically to bait people, something you can do if you want to murder the health of your game.
Must feel weird now that the shoe is on the other foot and you all instantly decide it's not balanced after so long of smashing horde in AV?

Horde are better at everything involving any form of skill in the game

They never should let racials into instanced pvp but if you dare say to remove it you'll have people complaining about there flavour
WoW was built on strong Horde....pride? There isn’t much Blizzard can actually do to make more people play Alliance and balance things out.

Heck, Warmode was said to make pvp more balanced faction wise. And still, in darkshore during prepatch there are tons of horde and little to no alliance.

The game is forever broken faction wise at this point. And there is nothing Blizzard can do to fix that.