I've Now Played Through The Story On Both Factions

General Discussion
And here is what I think (not that anyone gives a crap). Also spoilers (duh)

- The Horde story is pretty great, much greater than I had anticipated it would be. I did Alliance first and while I like the C'Thulu stuff going on with the Alliance, the Horde story shocked me in it's complexity.

- The story of the Loas and the power struggle in Zandalar is pretty amazing.

- The C'Thulu stuff in Stormsong Valley on Alliance is epic. Need more of that. Lots more of that.

- Blizzard sells this as "two sides to every story". Yes there are two sides but it's not like they sell it. It's not two separate motivations for the same action(s). It's really just "Okay you burned a Horde village as Ally, now watch the Horde take it back". It's OK, it's just not as great as I thought it'd be.

- The Horde city is great but ...dude really? You need flying or a glider to get around. It kind of triggers my Acrophobia.

Story-wise the Horde stuff doesn't always make sense and Blizzard's somewhat one dimensional, mid-qualify writing really shows the most in the Horde side.

You have characters like Lillian Voss who are dead set against seeing anyone else ever become undead now decide they to do that to people. What's her motivation other than "The alliance were mean to me".

Sylvanas is literally an irredeemable character but it's good she doesn't feature much in the story overall.

To quote those guys from RedLetterMedia: "How about a bad guy whose motivations are clear for once?"
The Rexxar/ Lillian thing should have been kept out... their reasons come off as "Whaaaaa alliance are mean, we are victims, whaaaaaaaa" It's also funny that horde goes around killing kul tirans while the alliance (so far I might add) has not, it's just funny totally not the instigator and violent faction... Oh and blight! There's a horde outpost in Tirigarde Sound that has a small little lab producing blight.....
WHY.
IS.
EVERYONE.
OK.
WITH.
THIS?!

I don't get it lol.

08/21/2018 06:38 AMPosted by Goragill
Oh and blight! There's a horde outpost in Tirigarde Sound that has a small little lab producing blight.....
To me the Horde zones are way more interesting. The Alliance was just the basic trees and rocks we seen before but updated.

Forgive my spelling but Vol’drun, Zandalari and !@#$r looks like Blizzard cranked up the dial. I love them.
08/21/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Dragula
To me the Horde zones are way more interesting. The Alliance was just the basic trees and rocks we seen before but updated.

Horde zones just yell STV/Ungoro to me.
My favorite quotes are all from Gob squad:

"Where's your old god now huh?!?!?!?"
"Not undead, I think the technical term is forsaken"
"We're gonna blow up ya old god, goblin style!"
So I've now completed the entirety of the Horde side. Both sides are great, I don't want to say they aren't. But the Horde was just a bit more epic and a bit better. Which is not to knock the Alliance story ...it was pretty damn great too. But the Horde one is just a bit better.