Anxiety about joining a guild because of...

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 21 Next
08/22/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Xalvador
08/22/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Evilmark

Umm ... that disgusting comment is definitely getting reported ...

He's trying to make a point but used the wrong words
I was hoping the readers would understand what an analogy or metaphor is when they see one.
Ah that's kind of sad, Titania. I don't know what it is you're looking for in a guild (other than not dealing with the crap you posted). There are definitely guilds out there who won't give you those issues. The guild I am in is one. They're out there.

Just keep trying. When you find the one you're looking for it will have been worth it.
08/22/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Creván
08/22/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Xalvador

I was hoping the readers would understand what an analogy or metaphor is when they see one.

I see your point, but you're not very tactful. A lot applies to human beings in general, not just females.
By the way If anyone still reading

OP is the same person as this

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767578629?page=1

How you can tell? Look at the posts number, they both update at the same time

As you can see she's a priest and is in a guild!

So when she leaves that guild she will be back with another attention seeking thread
By the way If anyone still reading

OP is the same person as this

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767578629?page=1

As you can see she's a priest and is in a guild!

So when she leaves that guild she will be back with another attention seeking thread

An alt I accepted a guild invitation to for the guild perks while trying to grind to 120? Sure, we'll go with that
08/22/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Creván
<span class="truncated">...</span>

An offensive analogy is still offensive. Can you really not see how comparing women to dogs is both disgusting and demeaning??
08/22/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Syward
Not shaming you. Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're being sincere (which is becoming less & less likely) just pointing out that If you are engaging in behavior/activity that is actively threatening/upsetting other people and overstepping boundaries (which by your replies/comments here and elsewhere indicate that you are) that will generate the reaction that you're receiving from others.

If you're truly not aware of this, then we're simply answering your questions on why this may be happening and suggesting that you are more cognitive of your actions to prevent the unwanted reactions.

Patient: "But Doc, I want to keep doing this..."
Doctor: "Alright, but don't complain when it hurts..."

/my 2 copper

This man is a dang sage. I've always liked Dwarves.

I'm going to go against the majority though, and guess (based on how she has responded) that this is NOT an intentional troll, that this person *actually is* this fundamentally lacking in self-awareness. Seeing it more and more these days, honestly.

Good on you for trying to help her. My guess is that what you said ain't gonna do anything for her in the immediate future, but it might be nibbling at the back of her subconscious further on and assist in her development down the road.

Source: I'm a female in my 30's who remembers and is embarrassed by the woefully inefficient way my brain processed information and my tendency to leap to ultra-defensiveness without consciously considering the other person's honest view in my 20's...
I would recommend not to waste your time on this thread anymore, Titania.

People come in with opinions made up and then attempt to share that with you in some sort of wisdom boon.

Hell, one guy even tried to find your alt and use that as his argument, absolving himself of all the variables involved with critical thought and focusing only on what benefited him.

It's a shame, but this is what it's like online for now. Keep your friends close!
08/22/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Titanía
Okay so in a nutshell, here's what's happened in my past experiences joining a guild in wow.

Almost every time I've joined a guild, I end up wanting to quit because of another female that's in the guild.
It's gotten to the point where I'm actively looking for an all male guild.

I've found that women in the mmorpg community can be very territorial. ( At least the ones I've run into )
And they seem to enjoy being the only female in the guild, getting the attention --talking on discord ..etc

This has made me not even want to try and find a guild because of the behavior I've had to put up with in the past.
I've had guild leaders girlfriends kick me from the guild because they were jealous of the attention I was getting, I've had actual guild leaders that were female do the exact same thing.

I've had guy members that weren't allowed to talk to me in discord because their girlfriend/wife didn't like it.

It just seems ridiculous.

I don't know if I just have bad luck or if a majority of gamer girls are like this ( I'm honestly not... ) but it's given me anxiety and made me not want to join a guild at all. I know I need to, because playing this game alone is getting very lonely...

There are 2 girls, one of them being me, in our guild and we're not territorial.. I'm sorry for your experience with this, not all of us are like that.. I do want to add that I don't announce in guild chat that I'm female (in any game or any sub chat on twitch, etc..), the only way anyone ever knows is if they talk to me on vent/discord. (and now in this thread) Also, I never go out of my way to act flirtatious, etc..there is a difference between being yourself and going over the top.

I have seen other females in games try extremely hard to get attention and it just makes me sad because normally there is something more going on there in their real life so I cut them slack and if that's how they feel validated then, let them be them and I'll be me.

So hang in there, there are plenty of gaming females that don't vie for attention.
There are like 10 female regulars in my guild and they all seem to get along fine.
08/22/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Beond
08/22/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Shudder
Perhaps I am being unfair, but my general perception of women is that they are really really really mean to each other all the time. Not just in games but every where always.

I sometimes go to the bar on the weekends just to watch people and man - the way women sometimes look at other women, women they have never met and do not know at all, is pretty crazy.

Women toss shade at each other for absolutely no reason.
You go just to watch people?
I dont drink and ive went to bars before to laugh at drunk idiots.

The bar is ENTIRELY different if your sober the whole night. Id reccomend grabbing a freind coming right as they open and parking in a corner. And get ready to laugh your !@# off at the hilarious $%^- your normally miss because your tipsy.
08/22/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Titanía
BURN THIS WOMAN TO THE STAKE AT ONCE! NO WOMAN SHOULD EXPRESS HER SEXUALITY WITHOUT BEING SHAMED!
I must start drama with other women and try to steal their boyfriend via world of warcraft, because I posted in a forum that asked about dark secrets, with vulgar comments!
This whole shaming a woman for doing anything that might entice a man, situation we got going on lately is getting pretty old.
Not shaming you. Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're being sincere (which is becoming less & less likely) just pointing out that If you are engaging in behavior/activity that is actively threatening/upsetting other people and overstepping boundaries (which by your replies/comments here and elsewhere indicate that you are) that will generate the reaction that you're receiving from others.

If you're truly not aware of this, then we're simply answering your questions on why this may be happening and suggesting that you are more cognitive of your actions to prevent the unwanted reactions.

/my 2 copper

"just pointing out that If you are engaging in behavior/activity that is actively threatening/upsetting other people and overstepping boundaries"

And what behavior is that? Here's how I see it.
I went back and looked at all my comments, I have only gotten aggressive towards 1 person, for calling me a degrading name.

The amount of people that have attacked me with absolutely zero validity to back up any of their assumptions about me being the cause of my issue, on the other hand, is over the top. I can't say I'm surprised though.

Furthermore, you can't honestly sit there and pretend like you're not one of them, taking the time to go through my post history, digging up something from a completely irrelevant discussion I posted in, in an attempt to publicly humiliate and shame me for talking about my sexuality in a thread where everyone else was admitting things of the same nature.

And then taking it a step further, and exploiting my mentioning having an eating disorder, and relationship issues, saying that those personal details are why I must be the attention crazed women hating instigator in guilds.

So do me a favor "doc" and save your psycho babble paragraphs you keep posting for the same attention seeking behavior you're accusing me of, for another thread.

/Just my 2 copper
Say you're a guy. You just sound like that thats just what it is. think of it as Role Playing part of wow. thats what I do.
...I was hoping the readers would understand what an analogy or metaphor is when they see one.

An offensive analogy is still offensive. Can you really not see how comparing women to dogs is both disgusting and demeaning??
If you are the type of person who takes an analogy or a metaphor offensive, then you have already orchestrated your own doom.
Was this just a ploy to get more twitch followers.....? If so...it worked. I followed your tatted azz.
I've never seen this phenomenon from my own experience, but I've read that this is pretty common. The guilds I'm in have females and nobody thinks different, but those guilds also tend to have a more mature playerbase (in terms of age).

I would just be more confident. Don't allow others to trample over you. Who cares about some people from far away online?
08/22/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Eshanii
I'm 99.9% you're one of those sexist "RED PILL" guys. I'm a woman who's been playing this game for 13 years and have never ONCE run into any of the issues you're talking about
Just because you have not seen this behavior does not mean it doesn't exist. I've been in a total of 4 guilds since the game launched and in 2 of them there were catty females who flirted with the guys and treated the other females as evil incarnate. One of them was engaged and lead on every guy she could just to have them send her actual gifts and do things over skype that can't be mentioned here.

There are great female players out there who are confident enough in themselves as a person to not treat other females as invaders. There are also vile insecure women who use wow as a dating service and chase off every new female that comes along.
08/22/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Titanía
...Not shaming you. Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're being sincere (which is becoming less & less likely) just pointing out that If you are engaging in behavior/activity that is actively threatening/upsetting other people and overstepping boundaries (which by your replies/comments here and elsewhere indicate that you are) that will generate the reaction that you're receiving from others.

/my 2 copper

"just pointing out that If you are engaging in behavior/activity that is actively threatening/upsetting other people and overstepping boundaries"

I went back and looked at all my comments, I have only gotten aggressive towards 1 person, for calling me a degrading name.

The amount of people that have attacked me with absolutely zero validity to back up any of their assumptions about me being the cause of my issue, on the other hand, is over the top. I can't say I'm surprised though.

Furthermore, you can't honestly sit there and pretend like you're not one of them, taking the time to go through my post history, digging up something from a completely irrelevant discussion I posted in, in an attempt to publicly humiliate and shame me for talking about my sexuality in a thread where everyone else was admitting things of the same nature.

And then taking it a step further, and exploiting my mentioning having an eating disorder, and relationship issues, saying that those personal details are why I must be the attention crazed women hating instigator in guilds.

So do me a favor "doc" and save your psycho babble paragraphs you keep posting for the same attention seeking behavior you're accusing me of, for another thread.

/Just my 2 copper
Polly want a cracker? Parroting someone else to try to argue back shows everyone how low your IQ is. Your demeanor also shows that you know that you were the reason for being kicked out of those guilds. You're quite a manipulative one, aren't you? Making a "Oh woe is me!" thread just for pity attention and views on your Twitch account. We get it, you only feel good about your life when you're in the spotlight and the center of attention.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

/Just my 2 copper
Polly want a cracker? Parroting someone else to try to argue back shows everyone how low your IQ is. Your demeanor also shows that you know that you were the reason for being kicked out of those guilds. You're quite a manipulative one, aren't you? Making a "Oh woe is me!" thread just for pity attention and views on your Twitch account. We get it, you only feel good about your life when you're in the spotlight and the center of attention.

Did you want me to stoop down to your level and make accusations about you, based off how I think you are, from the way you speak?
Okay, I'll go ahead. You're some resentful overweight dude that still lives in your parents basement, that has an uncontrollable amount of anger towards women because you can't seem to get one to touch you. So, you take your anger out on them because it makes you feel a little bit better about laying in the bed your parents bought for you when you were 13 years old, alone every night. You're also the same guy that says things like "nice guys finish last"

Hey, this is more fun than I thought it would be.
Y I K E S