Anxiety about joining a guild because of...

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 21 Next
08/22/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Shadina
08/22/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Titanía
Defensive I suppose. Got angry at me because of my transmog armor, my name, and my twitch stream. Just because --literally no other reason other than being irritated by the combination of those things. With 90% of them having a patronizing, accusatory tone in their posts, calling me some form of derogatory slur. Absolutely classic.

This is part of the problem. When you give people reasons like your mog, your twitch, your name, whatever, you have an issue. My post above, I state clearly that there's a time to differentiate between legitimate problem, and petty BS.

If you thrust this kind of information in people's faces, then there is a legitimate issue, but it's you that has it. Would my guild care? No. Would we ask for it? No. If you continue to forward it and annoy everyone, then you are the problem.

Transmogs? What're we, 5? You're wearing a generic transmog that most female plate wearers use. If people start problems over that, then you're either instigating, or they're idiots. That's not me saying you're at fault, that's me saying that's the only thing that makes sense.

I would have much more respect for anyone in an elite mog, such as the one I wear. A generic one that shows some skin on a fake in game avatar means nothing.

THAT is my POINT.

WHY should my transmog, my twitch OR my name be a REASON to be verbally attacked and accused!?!?! Because that is what has been brought up COUNTLESS times in this thread, lmao.

"Well look she's got a stripper name and a skimpy transmog, so she must be a husband stealing succubus that will go to any length to break the bonds of a family guild!"
Generally If EVERYONE is a certain way to you, you are the reason. I would reflect on what you are doing and see if there is anyway you can assist yourself before always blaming others.

And with personal loot guilds don’t matter at all, just find some bodies to carry you for your rolls of loot and be happy.
08/22/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Titanía
We all grow up wanting attention and validation. But as girls, we are taught to not beg for it.

I mean, you've been doing a pretty good job of begging for it ever since your first post.

08/22/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Xalvador
"Scooby Dooby Doo!"

"I would have trolled GD, if it weren't for those meddling kids!"
Like literally half of your arguments have the same common theme:

"You must have been asking for it because of your name, outfit, and vulgarity in a separate thread"

There is absolutely zero logic behind this. What are we, in 1955?
The way you are posting, the words and phrasing you are using, is what's grating on people lol. The transmog and twitch are just icing or potshots people take because they're already eye-rolling at your posts in this thread.
08/22/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Nillah
"I would have trolled GD, if it weren't for those meddling kids!"

I'm gonna have to remember that line. I'm stealing it! If my memory lasts!
08/22/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Creván

You are comparing human beings to animals, an established tactic for dehumanizing people that has been used for centuries. It's not hard to understand.
Humans are animals. You are making up reasons for yourself to offended just for the sake of being offended. Don't get offended if someone compares grapes to apples now. There would be no turning back for this generation.

Yeah "hon"
So explain to me what forums are for then, if not for attention? Do we all post on the forums for our own enjoyment then? Do you not expect replies/comments to things you post? Wouldn't someone acknowledging what you write, be a form of attention?

Let me break it down for you hon,
Anything posted on a public site, is with the intent of getting the attention of other people. And there is nothing wrong with that. Okay, hon?

See, I can be condescending too!
And the parroting continues.
08/22/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Sillie
As much as I'm not on your side Candi in regards to this "wahh girls are drama so I attach myself to guys and then that gets me kicked and I don't understand why you're all judging me still even tho boat loads of people have told me in this thread" - you sure put Craven in his place lol.

This thread is so much fun!
It's spelled "Crevan". See? It's right there in the post. But no, she didn't. She's a leech. There's no fun in making her own guild, so she seeks out other guilds to infiltrate and undermine the integrity of already established friendships as the "new girl" that causes guild drama. She likes that attention and feeds off of it. And when called out on it, lashes out like she currently is. She's really a textbook drama llama.

I see her flaws but you also compared us to dogs so.. you deserved it lol.
Here's my 2 cents on this topic.

My current girlfriend plays WoW with me and interacts with a lot of dudes and has never had this problem before. The only time she did have this problem was when a girl joined our previous guild and started sending nudes to our GM. This created all kinds of weird tension in the guild understandably since it was inappropriate. This randomly inappropriate girl had an issue with my girlfriend simply because she was friends with the GM and I guess really wanted attention.

My ex girlfriend also used to play WoW with me. She had this issue ALL the time. Every guild we joined there would be shade from other females. She had a tendency of wanting attention from all of the guys in the guild and would act all cutesy and flirty in a weird subtle kind of way that she was apparently completely oblivious to. She would often get really upset that there was something wrong with her and it would become this big thing where I'd have to convince her she's not a bad person, but deep down I knew she was bringing it on herself by acting the way she did.

I'm not insinuating that the OP is this way but if this issue keeps following you around then clearly there's some truth to it. I'm with others who say your best bet is to keep a low profile. Don't announce you're a girl as lots of girls do and just be yourself and enjoy the game. As hard as it is, it probably is a you problem.
08/22/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Eshanii
Ok Troll.

I'm 99.9% you're one of those sexist "RED PILL" guys. I'm a woman who's been playing this game for 13 years and have never ONCE run into any of the issues you're talking about. Most other women I've met in game are excited to meet another female player. Most of us fly under the radar (why I don't post on my main) but we know how to find each other.

Just stop.

So you are going to prove that the other women in WoW aren't mean to her by announcing that you are a woman, and then being mean to her?
OP is right. I've known more females to be significant sources of drama than males even though it seems they are a vastly smaller proportion of the players. Queen Bee syndrome is what I always called it.

Even worse when they are in a position of power. Oh so much worse..

My guild used to have a very diverse set of members (the vast majority have since quit the game) and at it's peak was nearly 40% female and it was just fine. So not all females feel the need to be the Queen Bee or are super jealous. But when they are they can be very disruptive.

But I totally get where the OP is coming from from personal experience.
Tetsubin, I'd say probably a third of my Friends list currently are all females.

And you know what, they're nice honest people. They're not drama llamas. They're not seeking attention. They're just Real Genuine People. They don't act like they're special because they're female. They're just women. Just like I'm a guy.

The OP? Definitely trying to act like this is all about Gender when its about their Personality and shoving Their Gender down everyone's throat.

I had a friend online for years. For some reason I pictured him as a five foot tall chinese guy. I don't know why. Then I saw a picture of him.

Six foot four, black as midnight, built like a linebacker.

It didn't change how we interacted. What mattered was we shared common interests. You could be an Invader from Mars for all I care, so long as we share common interests.
...Humans are animals. You are making up reasons for yourself to offended just for the sake of being offended. Don't get offended if someone compares grapes to apples now. There would be no turning back for this generation.
...And the parroting continues.
...It's spelled "Crevan". See? It's right there in the post. But no, she didn't. She's a leech. There's no fun in making her own guild, so she seeks out other guilds to infiltrate and undermine the integrity of already established friendships as the "new girl" that causes guild drama. She likes that attention and feeds off of it. And when called out on it, lashes out like she currently is. She's really a textbook drama llama.

So what? I read his original dog post and I understood the metaphor.

I never got the impression he was calling her a female dog or sub human.

I have two dogs and what he describes happens every day in my house.
Meh, you guys have it all wrong. The drama she experiences doesn't stem from being a hot girl.

It stems from her being a competitive jerk, who happens to be a hot girl.
08/22/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Titanía
Like literally half of your arguments have the same common theme:

"You must have been asking for it because of your name, outfit, and vulgarity in a separate thread"

There is absolutely zero logic behind this. What are we, in 1955?

No, what people are saying is that if you run into the same problems with other females in every single guild you join, the problem isn't likely with all the other women.

It would be believable if it happened in one guild you joined, but you're saying it happens so often you're now paranoid about joining any guild.

Sorry, doesn't add up.
Actually read through this whole thread, started off well and descended into personal attacks, will get 404'd.

Think OP should just move on and keep trying different guilds until you find the right fit, and don't keep feeding the trolls on the forums

Good luck
08/22/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Titanía
THAT is my POINT.

WHY should my transmog, my twitch OR my name be a REASON to be verbally attacked and accused!?!?! Because that is what has been brought up COUNTLESS times in this thread, lmao.

"Well look she's got a stripper name and a skimpy transmog, so she must be a husband stealing succubus that will go to any length to break the bonds of a family guild!"

Do you bring it up? Legitimate question. Do you bring up your twitch?

The other crap, who cares. Also, I don't know my strippers, so your name means nothing to me. And transmog, again, I got a guy in my guild named Zex. He could probably mog better than most women. That's not an insult to him, he just likes his style.

But I'm curious if you volunteer your twitch.
08/22/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Dragula

So what? I read his original dog post and I understood the metaphor.

I never got the impression he was calling her a female dog or sub human.

I have two dogs and what he describes happens every day in my house.

So that's it he called females dogs, don't take my comment so seriously. I added LOL IN THERE FOR A REASON.
08/22/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Titanía
By the way If anyone still reading

OP is the same person as this

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767578629?page=1

As you can see she's a priest and is in a guild!

So when she leaves that guild she will be back with another attention seeking thread

An alt I accepted a guild invitation to for the guild perks while trying to grind to 120? Sure, we'll go with that

Someone needs to take the shovel away.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767578218#post-7

https://imgur.com/zF2Mr8K
08/22/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Symadai
08/22/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Eshanii
Ok Troll.

I'm 99.9% you're one of those sexist "RED PILL" guys. I'm a woman who's been playing this game for 13 years and have never ONCE run into any of the issues you're talking about. Most other women I've met in game are excited to meet another female player. Most of us fly under the radar (why I don't post on my main) but we know how to find each other.

Just stop.

So you are going to prove that the other women in WoW aren't mean to her by announcing that you are a woman, and then being mean to her?

Nope, because OP isn't a woman. OP is a troll, who may be male or female, but is probably male. I don't care if it's "mean." I don't like drama queens regardless of gender. But I'm sure OP is very happy with all the attention he is getting today.
08/22/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Shadina
08/22/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Titanía
THAT is my POINT.

Do you bring it up? Legitimate question. Do you bring up your twitch?

The other crap, who cares. Also, I don't know my strippers, so your name means nothing to me. And transmog, again, I got a guy in my guild named Zex. He could probably mog better than most women. That's not an insult to him, he just likes his style.

But I'm curious if you volunteer your twitch.

My twitch was posted here because some guy kept insisting this was a troll thread and I was really some dude.