Anxiety about joining a guild because of...

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 21 Next
08/22/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Sillie
I see her flaws but you also compared us to dogs so.. you deserved it lol.
I don't know of any other organism that would see another of its kind being paid attention and petted and actively nudge your hand away from the other so that you would then pet them instead. Maybe a cat? But cat's are too independent. Although older cats will always throw a hissy fit when introduced to a kitten. So maybe that analogy would work as a cat, but cats don't fight for your attention. You fight for theirs.
08/22/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Titanía
08/22/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Shadina

Do you bring it up? Legitimate question. Do you bring up your twitch?

The other crap, who cares. Also, I don't know my strippers, so your name means nothing to me. And transmog, again, I got a guy in my guild named Zex. He could probably mog better than most women. That's not an insult to him, he just likes his style.

But I'm curious if you volunteer your twitch.

My twitch was posted here because some guy kept insisting this was a troll thread and I was really some dude.

Looks like you whipped out that Twitch link after one person questioned your femaleness.
08/22/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Titanía
08/22/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Shadina

Do you bring it up? Legitimate question. Do you bring up your twitch?

The other crap, who cares. Also, I don't know my strippers, so your name means nothing to me. And transmog, again, I got a guy in my guild named Zex. He could probably mog better than most women. That's not an insult to him, he just likes his style.

But I'm curious if you volunteer your twitch.

My twitch was posted here because some guy kept insisting this was a troll thread and I was really some dude.

So you brought it up to prove a point. Take it from a guy who used to be young and dumb - that's what people want. You doing that is more ammunition. The proper thing to do is say you need not prove anything to them, and go about your business.

Cause then to me, a GM who considers himself a good eye for talent and possible raiders, that says you're trouble. All it's gonna take is someone being a derp on the internet to you and all of your personal information - like the screen shot someone dug up a couple posts above us, and now if you're in my guild? I have a problem as well.

Tact, my friend. Use it.
08/22/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Titanía

An alt I accepted a guild invitation to for the guild perks while trying to grind to 120? Sure, we'll go with that

Someone needs to take the shovel away.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767578218#post-7

https://imgur.com/zF2Mr8K

Oof lol
08/22/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Titanía

An alt I accepted a guild invitation to for the guild perks while trying to grind to 120? Sure, we'll go with that

Someone needs to take the shovel away.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767578218#post-7

https://imgur.com/zF2Mr8K
Oof, that one guild name. Obvious plug is obvious.
08/22/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Verdre
Tetsubin, I'd say probably a third of my Friends list currently are all females.

And you know what, they're nice honest people. They're not drama llamas. They're not seeking attention. They're just Real Genuine People.

This is my experience as well.

I think OP is either being ridiculous or trolling, but in a broader sense I think the idea of "gender doesn't matter so don't talk about your gender" can be used poorly (which is why I mentioned not agreeing with it). Too often, I see people in gaming say "I don't care about gender" to effectively mean "I assume everyone is a straight man and am annoyed to be reminded otherwise." If gender doesn't matter, then it also shouldn't matter for me to mention I'm female in the same way I might mention my home country (no one ever calls the latter attention-seeking, but both are personal factoids that aren't directly relevant to game performance).

I'm not saying that's what you're doing at all, just explaining my aversion to that line of thought, which I have seen crop up a lot in this thread.

I don't want the fact that this particular OP is being ridiculous to give cover for also ridiculous stuff like "well don't speak on mic then, people won't know you're a girl" as someone said in the first few pages.
So men can be lude and jokesters and seek to make people laugh and it's perfectly ok. But if a woman does it she should be shaded to hiding by other women?

That's not cool.
I'm ok with the crazy type, the type who want just a little attention and like to harmlessly flirt. Let your freek flag fly. I'm not OK with people those who take it too far one way or the other.

Don't go too far with the meme's. And on the other side Don't shun, Shame, Overshadow or Block out those who just want a little attention.
Seems the world is just one big guild then.
Why did you even make this post?

Like you just decided to rant because you can't make friends cause you're female? Are you sure you aren't the problem? Judging by the post itself and its contents, you seem like an attention seeker? Sorry not sorry, that's how I see it.
Sorry you've had bad experiences, some of my favorite guildies in this game have been women. Heck, the one who taught me to play my chosen class was a woman.
08/22/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Titanía
Okay so in a nutshell, here's what's happened in my past experiences joining a guild in wow.

Almost every time I've joined a guild, I end up wanting to quit because of another female that's in the guild.
It's gotten to the point where I'm actively looking for an all male guild.

I've found that women in the mmorpg community can be very territorial. ( At least the ones I've run into )
And they seem to enjoy being the only female in the guild, getting the attention --talking on discord ..etc

This has made me not even want to try and find a guild because of the behavior I've had to put up with in the past.
I've had guild leaders girlfriends kick me from the guild because they were jealous of the attention I was getting, I've had actual guild leaders that were female do the exact same thing.

I've had guy members that weren't allowed to talk to me in discord because their girlfriend/wife didn't like it.

It just seems ridiculous.

I don't know if I just have bad luck or if a majority of gamer girls are like this ( I'm honestly not... ) but it's given me anxiety and made me not want to join a guild at all. I know I need to, because playing this game alone is getting very lonely...
I'll bite.

Before I joined good guilds, I encountered lots of these situations. In MoP the GM was a Disc priest main and would only let me heal as a Holy priest, even though in SoO Disc was the most broken spec I've ever seen.

I went Disc for trash ONCE and she threatened to gkick me. This was in a normal guild, btw, not even a progression guild. What?

I joined other raids to get parses to apply to more guilds, and in them I had to both 1) teach rude females how to play and 2) have them then try to get rid of me after they used me for what they wanted.

But, despite these bottom-feeders (and that IS what they are), there's sooo many amazing girl friends I've made.

I co-healed with a girl in Availed and now I'm her bridesmaid next year at her wedding because we're that close.

My other co-healer from an old guild is preggers and we're planning a road trip to see her.

I don't socialize with many chicks, it's true. It's not a territorial thing - it's a "I avoid toxic players" thing, and that's not related to gender. It's true that there are chicks on here who will be shady and try to flirt to get where they're going... but honestly, guys do it too.

I wouldn't judge a book by its cover, is what I'm saying. If a guild you join has people you don't like - leave. There's good groups out there who are all friends and are great to be around. But there's bad apples, too. You can't let the bad people ruin your experiences.
08/22/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Tetsubin
I think OP is either being ridiculous or trolling, but in a broader sense I think the idea of "gender doesn't matter so don't talk about your gender" can be used poorly (which is why I mentioned not agreeing with it).

Gender is one of those tricky things online. You approach discussing it with discretion and caution. Because Gender can too often lead to discussions about Sexual Orientation which is a Hot Button for many.

That's why I try and avoid discussing gender online.

But sometimes you do have to discuss it.
Granted I am a male but I have never seen this issue. I raided for a while in WOD and and my guild had 3 or 4 girls and there was never an issue.
You should join my guild, no one talks at all. You can have all the attention you want.
GUYS STOP REPLYING TO HER

I know this sounds a bit unusual but I got tired of OP so I did some research

She says she has anxiety but has posted semi nude things of herself and uploaded on "certain websites"

And there's a video link of "science things"

I'm not linking anything but searching her up you'll find it...

So this thread was all a lie, she's an attention seeker and something bigger
and more filithy than a garden tool
08/22/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Creván
08/22/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Sillie
I see her flaws but you also compared us to dogs so.. you deserved it lol.
I don't know of any other organism that would see another of its kind being paid attention and petted and actively nudge your hand away from the other so that you would then pet them instead. Maybe a cat? But cat's are too independent. Although older cats will always throw a hissy fit when introduced to a kitten. So maybe that analogy would work as a cat, but cats don't fight for your attention. You fight for theirs.

How about sea lions?
08/22/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Xalvador
GUYS STOP REPLYING TO HER

I know this sounds a bit unusual but I got tired of OP so I did some research

She says she has anxiety but has posted semi nude things of herself and uploaded on "certain websites"

And there's a video link of "science things"

I'm not linking anything but searching her up you'll find it...

So this thread was all a lie, she's an attention seeker and something bigger
and more filithy than a garden tool

You sir, are scary.
08/22/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Verdre
08/22/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Tetsubin
I think OP is either being ridiculous or trolling, but in a broader sense I think the idea of "gender doesn't matter so don't talk about your gender" can be used poorly (which is why I mentioned not agreeing with it).

Gender is one of those tricky things online. You approach discussing it with discretion and caution. Because Gender can too often lead to discussions about Sexual Orientation which is a Hot Button for many.

That's why I try and avoid discussing gender online.

But sometimes you do have to discuss it.

Yeah gender shouldn’t be a big deal but this thread proves that it is to some people.

There are two things about this story that makes me think the OP is the cause of his/her own problems or is trolling us for twitch followers. First:

Random_dude: Hey Titana, are you a girl?
OP: Yes.
Random_dude: lol bet you’re not.
OP: HERE IS MY TWITCH TO PROVE YOU WRONG

How the conversation would go with me and other women:

Random_dude: hey Dragula, are you a girl?
Me: Yeah.
Random_dude: lol yeah right you’re a guy.
Me: whatever, I don’t care what you think /ignore

Second: that Twitch plug guild name
As a dude, I've found girls that don't make easy friends with other girls are playing princess.

But alas, generalizations are dangerous. But, (hehe, I said but twice) self-monitor.
The worst experience I have had is the THOT gamer girls. Where they play like trash but are kept around because some boy boy white knights think they have a chance. The girls also flirt for carries, and goods.

This causes a riff as the men who are not enticed, are resentful that dead weight is being brought in the place of a good player simply because of the female aspect. The second rift is created when women gamers who are there because of their abilities are pushed aside because the thot by nature wants all the attention and invites and is territorial as the OP mentioned.

The first two rifts typically destroy a guild quickly, there is one final rift that can occur in which, the thot actually clings onto someone in a lesser role and all the officers and leaders ban together to try and drive that person from the guild in hope they will have the thot remain in the guild with an again available status. Typically what happens though is the thot leaves with the other person that is driven out, and the guild implodes.

All of this is avoidable if you fill your groups by those who deserve it first.