[UPDATED 11pm PST 8/13] Trouble Logging In

General Discussion
Prev 1 53 54 55 59 Next
08/13/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Infernastorm
Managed to get logged in...and I was falling through Silithus and then got disconnected again.

Is it 2004 again?

I'm sorry, I actually giggled at this.
08/13/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Ythisens
08/13/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Ashkarta
Pretty bad day at the office, huh?

Actually its been surprisingly smooth but if you looked at General Discussion it'd lead you to believe another thing because it is a very vocal minority, and those playing aren't going to be posting. The only realms experiencing issues are certain high pop realms and its a small but noticeable percentage, however the vast majority of players have been able to play. Not excusing it but just giving you the honest actual perspective of it.

Small but vocal minority? The five biggest US servers in the game were down.

What % of the player base is that, exactly? What a !@#$ty response holy %^-*
On Dalaran, stuck on loading screen.
potion is bugged, cant loot :(
D/c right as soon as I hit the character screen for Stormrage.
08/13/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Entfistus
Actually its been surprisingly smooth but if you looked at General Discussion it'd lead you to believe another thing because it is a very vocal minority, and those playing aren't going to be posting. The only realms experiencing issues are certain high pop realms and its a small but noticeable percentage, however the vast majority of players have been able to play. Not excusing it but just giving you the honest actual perspective of it.

Small but vocal minority? The five biggest US servers in the game were down.

What % of the player base is that, exactly? What a !@#$ty response holy %^-*

Agreed. It's like they're offended that we're mad that we can't play the game that we paid $50 for.
As someone who can't play due the fact were having issues on high-pop servers can also contribute to so many people trying to log in at once and causing more issues...

Instead of whining, I will understand life isn't perfect and we can't always get our way, and just play or do something else. I checked the forums to see what was up, but this behavior from some of you is just silly.

Most of you expected the game on the 14th not the 13th too, one day will not kill you. smh.

The Blizzard team is Human like the rest of us, and they are trying the best they can to resolve issues.
I think I am actually gonna report a CM for the first time. That is such a slap to the face and an insult to a huge portion of their playerbase.

The largest NA servers are down, so the forums are active. That CM treats everyone posting about it on the forums like a child throwing a temper tantrum. Sure some are, but to treat everyone like that is low, even for a blizzard CM (and that is saying a lot).

Perspective is great, but this is insulting. While I do understand looking at the larger picture - I also understand that y'all made serious post go-live issues that have yielded problems with playability. Additionally, you did not properly account for volume. I am a software developer so I understand this industry extremely well. I can tell you that my customers would tolerate a few issues with the first few roll-outs. They would also understand unforeseen issues. What they would not tolerate is my "perspective" when I've had 14 years to learn how to make sure go-lives were as seamless as possible. They wouldn't understand taking high-pop servers offline because I failed to properly calculate volume. They would not understand making statements about how "smooth" things were.

Instead they would expect the "perspective" to not include what I consider to be the masses, but rather an overall attitude of humility towards all affected by MY problem. My customers did not create the issue - I did. I would therefor be overly appreciative and sympathetic towards their frustrations and not boast about what I believe went well. Instead I would thank them for their understanding, apologize for the inconvenience, and work to make amends for the mistakes I made that caused the issue. It's called treating the customer with respect and acknowledging that their patronage supports your business.
!@#$ this Potion why did they added a damn clickable item ....

Yet somehow streamers get instant access to show what a smooth and successfull launch this is.
What a load of bs.
I am actually so salty over how bad this launch is I don't even want to play your stupid game anymore.

Its gonna be so fun to go level and get ganked by people that are allready level 120

so
much
fun

I hope this becomes the next "You think you do, but you don't".

By the way - how do we report you for being a turd?
80% Loading bar in Sargeras... Will update if I down the boss.

Update: I only stayed on the loading screen for about 2 minutes before I wiped to a DC.
so im in game now, A52 .. and its full on lag city. cant pick up the potion from nathanos .. is this a "vocal minority" thing too?
08/13/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Rhua
As someone who can't play due the fact were having issues on high-pop servers can also contribute to so many people trying to log in at once and causing more issues...

IT'S NOT THE LOGGING IN.

for the love of god, the servers have been screwed for the last six hours. Stop saying that it's all of us logging in.

It's increasingly late, there's increasingly fewer players online because people have lives and can't stay up all night.

Stop defending this crap. They screwed up. We're not the problem. Their crappy servers are the problem. Or the programming. Either way, WE are the ones who are being jerked around here.

fix the potion, says it's too busy to interact with.

Ythisens, you make it sound like you are discriminating against "minorities"? Should I contact the ACLU?
funny how that works that once a few streamers hit 120 and all the content has been seen online. suddenly we plebs get to play too.

actually
i resent you right now
Blizzard.
08/13/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Ythisens
At this time, we are aware of and working to resolve an issue that is causing some players to be prevented from logging into certain high population realms. While it appears that not all high population realms are affected, the issue seems to be affecting realms such as US-Area 52, US-Illidan, US-Tichondrius, EU-Draenor, and EU-Hyjal.

This is an issue of highest priority for us, and we are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Considering the vast majority of players are on the 7 servers having issues, I find this hard to believe, and also quite insulting.

Typical of Blizzard to pretend nothing is wrong as the Titanic gets torpedoed, nuked, and hits a cube of ice.