[UPDATED 11pm PST 8/13] Trouble Logging In

General Discussion
Prev 1 57 58 59
08/14/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Catastrophic
Still cannot log in on Echo-Isle or any other server. All the server on my screen say incompatible. Any reason why after I was able to play some last night?

Your launcher needs to pick up a patch: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10356
I can't log in at all this is happening more and more. Getting a little tired of it
08/14/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Zoéy

I still think this was the case. Blizz won’t even comment on it.

I had the login issue when I first tried, but swapped to using IPv6 (had to enable it on my router, then in game) and it worked fine. I logged in around 9 PM and played until about 1:30 AM uninterrupted. Blizz didn't take the server offline so low pop servers could play. It looked like a networking issue, affecting a few realms.
I was unable to log on my main on Area 52 last night, so decided to play my Ally toon on Cenarius instead. I enjoyed the Kul Tiras quest line so much, I may just stay Ally. Sayonara, Sylvanus Tree-Burner.
Where: The east of Zandalar, a clear path going east. towards the shore. At the end of the trail you can go south and it leads to the to the "keep them on task quest."

What: When heading east, game froze, character became stuck. Trouble shooted, nothing. GM helped me out and moved my character. i went down the path again, froze again. The Blizzard support system is saying I have two more hours to wait before I can ask to be moved again. Hook a brother up.

Other bug: Having crashes in dungeon finder.
HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!
I did some quests, went to get a drink, and came back to mourning Stormage. You served me well gentle soul.

Edit: Fear not, much like Jaina, the server had a stroke. (When you first get to Kul Tiras how could her drooping mouth and wild animations be anything but? The next scene had great animation. So strange.)

Edit 6.223: Chat is lagging and it's taking ages to load quest dialogue. Hopefully it's just a blip and we don't go down again :(
Yup, Stormrage down again.
Stormrage seems to be improving. 10 minutes of taking a year to turn in a quest, but everything is mellowing out for me.
I was just on playing, logged to change realms, and every realm is now saying "incompatible"? Got booted and had to authenticate again? Still saying "incompatible" on every realm...
08/14/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Avranna
I was just on playing, logged to change realms, and every realm is now saying "incompatible"? Got booted and had to authenticate again? Still saying "incompatible" on every realm...

I got a minor patch when I closed the game just now, maybe there was a slight update released for the client? Try and restart battle.net if it doesn't download automatically and maybe it'll work.
I get to the loading screen and nothing.... : /
Log in says I need an active subscription, Log into my account and it displays 9/7/2018 7:04 PM. being the next a pay cycle. My payments are auto from CC. Im presuming 9 is the month?
08/14/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Mcorkin
we were promised the smooothest launch ever tm

Source?

what we got is garbage

A few hours of downtime is garbage? guess you werent here for the WoD launch.

personally it completely killed my want to play this game.

Because of a few hours of not being able to play? In an otherwise excpetionally smooth launch? Even Legion had a few rough patches and that was by far the best launch ever for any MMO... EVER!

whats the point of playing if half my guild is allready 120 and gearing up and I havent

1- How was your guild able to log in if you werent? Im assuming you were on one of the servers that couldnt log in?

2- Pretty sure no one can get to 120 in 5 hours.

3- is the game made unplayable for you because your guild is at 120 (which they wouldnt have been). Would it not be easier for you to gear up with a bunch of 120s to help you speed queue?

Do you want some more hyperbole with these french cries?

I am gonna have so much fun playing alone because I live in a rural area with no Ipv6.

But arent you in a guild? If your rural connection is such an issue then I dont think a few hours downtime is your biggest concern atm.
SERIOUSLY FRUSTRATED
Logged out for 10 min last night, attempted to log in again, press "PLAY, and no game pop up, I see "game running", and then BACK to "PLAY"
tried EVERYTHING-- figured it would b fixed this am .. AND STILL nothing
so weird
ANY suggestions?
08/14/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Kamie
Log in says I need an active subscription, Log into my account and it displays 9/7/2018 7:04 PM. being the next a pay cycle. My payments are auto from CC. Im presuming 9 is the month?

yes 9 would the month of September :)
08/15/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Ladiebrainz
SERIOUSLY FRUSTRATED
Logged out for 10 min last night, attempted to log in again, press "PLAY, and no game pop up, I see "game running", and then BACK to "PLAY"
tried EVERYTHING-- figured it would b fixed this am .. AND STILL nothing
so weird
ANY suggestions?

this issue is on your end not blizzard. Ive had this happen a few times even when I open up task manager and wow isn't showing up. Best bet when this happens restart your computer then right click battle.net and run as administrator and do the same to WoW if you have its icon on your desk top. ( I can suggest this cause ive had to do it myself a few times over the years)
God Save the Queen.
With realms in a stable state I'm locking this thread and we will open a new one if issues arise. Thanks everybody for your patience and good luck on your journey to 120 and beyond!