Why are zones so dead?

General Discussion
Sharding or not I love it.

We still see some people, but we're not fighting a Horde of rabid players grabbing all quest objectives in the area. It's nice to just view the environment/landscape without a horde of people clogging it up.
Wait till everyone gets home from work.. lol
08/14/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Corellon
08/14/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Nerfmeharder
Im on a fairly high pop realm and ive been playing for maybe 5 hours now and im barely seeing any people. In this 5 hours i probably have only seen 10 people questing total. Whats wrong?

1. Half the population is on another continent
2. The remaining population is split between 3 big zones.
3. Each zone's population is split between normal and war mode.
4. On top of all of that, there is a lot of phasing, so lots of people will be hidden from you who are either ahead or behind you in terms of the story.

Basically. Plus you start off in a solo scenario to stagger the people a little more, not by much but by enough for us to go our own ways once we get to our map. Also, the two zones I have been in have been pretty free form with lots of little hubs you bump into opening up that aren't on the main storyline.

I like it. I also remember this

http://i.imgur.com/Vod3QYc.jpg?1
08/14/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Valdrane
08/14/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Phillycheese
Do you have warmode on? A lot less people in this mode and it's nice honestly.

This...loving it.

No choke points.
No lack of mobs I need to kill because there are 30 people doing the same quest.
Treasures are there.
No idiots spamming general chat with inane drivel.

And people thought you would get nothing done because you were too busy getting ganked!

I honestly haven't seen a single alliance and im lvl 115 now
08/14/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Snowfox
For one the world is HUGE.

We also aren't clustering around the places we usually do dailies yet.

Dailies? What is this mop?
Not sure why you are having that experience. Every area I was in had at least 10+ players doing the same chain outside of the group of 4 I was running with. Then again I play at peak hours.
08/14/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Entitled

Was this the MoP launch? lol.
Im on a fairly high pop realm and ive been playing for maybe 5 hours now and im barely seeing any people.

The population of your realm is irrelevant. You play inside a shard.
1.) Realm populations were split between factions.
2.) After that split, there are 3 starting zones each, so divided again by 3.
3.) A lot of people do have work right now.
08/14/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Nyseila
08/14/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Entitled

Was this the MoP launch? lol.

Yeah it was. Every member of a faction was funneled through the same opening zone. It was horrible.

I don't know why they did that. Cata had two opening zones with one of them being split start for the factions. Wrath had two opening zones and each faction started in a different spot in both zones. Then in Mists they only had one zone with factions split. Horrible experience on launch day.
08/14/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Valdrane
And people thought you would get nothing done because you were too busy getting ganked!

The trick is to have it on at times when you MIGHT run into the other faction BUT most will be leveling or otherwise not around (I.E. DODGE PRIMETIME for your area/server time)
I would be online playing right now but im not longer in my teens and younger 20s. I got a Job and Bills to pay.
I have warmode on and honestly have been running into a lot of people questing. But, I'm also guessing since it's early in the week and day. The "I took the week off for launch" people are I doubt the majority so I'm sure a lot are working atm.
08/14/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Smalltoch
08/14/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Rekinthemost

No reason not to have WM on for a while.

I'll have war mode enabled the entire time, but see my post above. There is a great reason to have it off. 120s are already camping quest areas.

I've seen maybe 3 horde players this whole time.