Why did DKs join the war?

General Discussion
DK’s get sent to embed themselves into the faction of their origin to help with the war against the Lich King. They stick around after the fact because they had created new bonds of friendship and the like in their new undead life.

People hate the Scourge, but DK’s very clearly are separate from the Scourge. People are able to disassociate them from the larger undead faction in the same way Draenei aren’t considered Eredar by and large despite first being thought as such by the Alliance (see: knocked out elf priestess on Azuremyst).
08/15/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Solidusblarg
At least the modern DK isn't trying to be made of edges so sharp you cut yourself upon looking at them, unlike the demon hunters.

Seriously, the demon hunters act like they are trying super hard to out-edge the dks. This goes even up to their flying base. It's like Archerus, but more edgy because it runs on demon magic!

Lol XD
08/15/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Ethia
08/15/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Solidusblarg
At least the modern DK isn't trying to be made of edges so sharp you cut yourself upon looking at them, unlike the demon hunters.

Seriously, the demon hunters act like they are trying super hard to out-edge the dks. This goes even up to their flying base. It's like Archerus, but more edgy because it runs on demon magic!

Lol XD

Dks be like: "Uggghhh...Yes?"

DHs be like: "I'VE SACRIFICED EVERYTHING!!!"
The only reason is to cause pain, DKs have an addiction to cause pain. It's like a drug, being in constant war is an outlet... Otherwise they would kill innocent
08/15/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Solidusblarg
08/15/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Ethia

Lol XD

Dks be like: "Uggghhh...Yes?"

DHs be like: "I'VE SACRIFICED EVERYTHING!!!"

What have you've given?

DK; My life.

DH: Oh
Not that I really RP, but I view this character as using the alliance. DK's need to kill to satiate their hunger. If she just goes around killing anything and everything, lots of people are gonna try to put her down.

But if she kills in the name of the alliance (last expansion killing the burning legion, this expansion killing horde), the alliance has her back. Hence, she kills what the alliance wants her to, and her hunger is satiated.

If I had rolled a horde race, just swap "alliance" and "horde" in the above paragraphs.
I joined for the snacks.

Until I took an arrow in the knee.
08/15/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Sorrowweaver
I joined for the snacks.

Until I took an arrow in the knee.

Lol, back to the Archerus
08/15/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Acanthel
DK’s get sent to embed themselves into the faction of their origin to help with the war against the Lich King. They stick around after the fact because they had created new bonds of friendship and the like in their new undead life.

People hate the Scourge, but DK’s very clearly are separate from the Scourge. People are able to disassociate them from the larger undead faction in the same way Draenei aren’t considered Eredar by and large despite first being thought as such by the Alliance (see: knocked out elf priestess on Azuremyst).

Lies i'm still one with the scourge one day the scourge will destroy both horde and alliance for our true king arthas mahahahahs
08/15/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Draclaura
08/15/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Acanthel

Lies i'm still one with the scourge one day the scourge will destroy both horde and alliance for our true king arthas mahahahahs

Bolvar is better.
On Site Recruitment like Big Boss.

Only with Corpses of Worthy Foes instead of anything with a pulse.
As a death knight in service of the Lich King Arthas, I’ve done terrible, unspeakable things. When given the chance at redemption, it was a means of atonement - to fight alongside my comrades again. I have no place among them, but I know how to fight and if Death itself has gifted me with powers of the Damned, then I intend to use them.

If I can prevent innocents from falling victim to the atrocities I’ve commited, so be it. And with Azeroth at stake, that’s a lot of innocents.

Sylvanas attacking a defenseless city rekindles unholy memories from my hideous past.

I must inflict pain lest I go mad, but I can also subject myself to pain as form of “the sustaining pain infliction.” Self pain. I won’t sit idly by in Acherus; the world needs heroes. I’m not sure if I’m one of those, but I’m going to try.
Because Bolvar told me to.
DK's make sense, they had loyalty before they were dead. This is even shown deeply with thassarian and koltira. So it would make sense a DK who's clinging to any semblence or fracture of life they have left would cling to faction ties as a thread that bindsthem.

DH's caring about the faction war? Well that makes no damn sense at all.
The Nighelves with illidan had no respect for the night elf leadership and in BC there werent alot of night elf followers of illidan that i saw. The blood elf followers of illidan followed kael'thas, and well that went poorly, So DH's having strong faction ties is just kinda arbitrary due to their race rather than logic.
They used to be part of the factions when they lived, now although the dks of the horde do not have many motivations since they are following a crazy genocide that right now is not very different from arthas, so I assume they should not feel very comfortable

On the other hand the dks members of the alliance have enough motivations especially if you take into account that sylvanas is acting similar to arthas.

the dks fought mainly against the plague, against the "death" I doubt they like very much to repeat similar actions or let someone else do them.

Blizzard is unlikely to give coherence to this fact and make the ebon blade take action against the crazy lady, but from the logical point of view you have many motivations, if you are a member of the alliance, of course.
If a DK does not frequently inflict pain and suffering on others, they are consumed by pain and agony. Like withdrawals from hard drugsx1000. This is actual DK game lore btw. We do what we must.
DKs are the heroes Azeroth deserves... Not the ones it needs today.

No puns intended, of course :^)
That seems like a better question to ask Demon Hunters.
08/16/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Shardaea
That seems like a better question to ask Demon Hunters.

Night elf dhs are mad that the horde killed innocent night elves
Sylvanas and I are BFFs. Of course I’m going to help her.