Why did DKs join the war?

General Discussion
08/16/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Atheinia
Sylvanas and I are BFFs. Of course I’m going to help her.

She doesn't even know that you exist
08/15/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Ethia
I mean sure they need to kill but in Legion they just killed the enemy of Azeroth doing actually morally grey things. Which will still apply but with different enemies.

They don't really have a purpose in the war either. I mean they have worked with Horde and Alliance DKs for 8+ years calling them brothers and sisters. Just seems them being in a faction besides the Ebon Blade is forced.

The living wouldn't like them anyways. I mean after 8+ years, the living still hold grudges against dks and still probably hate them. So if they did join the war, it would be pointless because they would have a bounty on their heads from both factions. Even the redemption happy dks aren't safe.

IDK why but without them having story in BFA they seem forced and confusing.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

They got anything better to do? I mean, there are only so many games of checkers one can play in Acherus before excruciating boredom sets in.
Lunnaya. Come on. How many times are you going to ask this question?
08/16/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Ataxerxes
I mean sure they need to kill but in Legion they just killed the enemy of Azeroth doing actually morally grey things. Which will still apply but with different enemies.

They don't really have a purpose in the war either. I mean they have worked with Horde and Alliance DKs for 8+ years calling them brothers and sisters. Just seems them being in a faction besides the Ebon Blade is forced.

The living wouldn't like them anyways. I mean after 8+ years, the living still hold grudges against dks and still probably hate them. So if they did join the war, it would be pointless because they would have a bounty on their heads from both factions. Even the redemption happy dks aren't safe.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

They got anything better to do? I mean, there are only so many games of checkers one can play in Acherus before excruciating boredom sets in.

Lol

Bu i'm being serious.

Most dks kill the big baddies of Azeroth. To sate their hunger and save Azeroth.

Them being mostly neutral Anti-heroes seems them being forced into BFA

I mean most of their faction hates them, wants them dead, and/or very unkind to them. What's the purpose then
08/16/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Ethia
Lol

Bu i'm being serious.

Most dks kill the big baddies of Azeroth. To sate their hunger and save Azeroth.

I mean most of their faction hates them, wants them dead, and/or very unkind to them. What's the purpose then

Scruffys here for the Murder-hoboing, mmmhmm.
08/16/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Letoatriedes
08/16/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Ethia
Lol

Bu i'm being serious.

Scruffys here for the Murder-hoboing, mmmhmm.

I'm telling Darian
My answer is at least semi-serious. In the long run, the primary problem facing someone with an indefinite “lifespan” is merely finding something to do with it. Finding something — anything — to occupy the endless hours.
Yeah, one of the earliest arguments for a 3rd faction was to have DKs have their own, that was back in WOTLK. Personally, I agree, I think its dumb that either Horde or Alliance DKs fight for the factions, they are united in undeath and martial/magic skill and loyal to their order not a faction.
Ebon Blade and Demon Hunters would be neutral in a faction war, canonically. Obv as player characters this isn’t possible but big picture both of these groups are beyond the scope of Horde vs Alliance.

DK and DH can always find some endless foe to massacre eg old god, old god minions, etc to kill. In BFA areas, the second a DK or DH finds these types of subversives, it’s game on to kill them all.
08/16/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Ethia
08/16/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Atheinia
Sylvanas and I are BFFs. Of course I’m going to help her.

She doesn't even know that you exist

XD
Loyalty to their people, I’d imagine many Blood Elf DKs hold a love for Quel’thalas the way Sylvanas still sort of does whether she admits it or not. Sort of “I hate the living...... but don’t mess with my people” type of attitude idk my best guess
I've often felt like this in every expansion except WoTLK and Legion because of class stories. I remember in MoP my Death Knight was throwing vegetables at people and getting projectile carrots thrown up on me by a large bunny and it made 0 sense why he would even be there, much less help these people.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I correct you, you are wrong. You join the Horde or Alliance at the end of the Death Knight intro quest. In the Western Plague Lands you see Koltira and Thassarian leading campaigns against each other on the orders of the Horde and the Alliance, respectively.

Most Death Knights likely stayed neutral, but when you joined the mortal factions, you signed up to fight their wars.
08/16/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Dîomedes
I've often felt like this in every expansion except WoTLK and Legion because of class stories. I remember in MoP my Death Knight was throwing vegetables at people and getting projectile carrots thrown up on me by a large bunny and it made 0 sense why he would even be there, much less help these people.

Lol XD
08/16/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Farajah

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I correct you, you are wrong. You join the Horde or Alliance at the end of the Death Knight intro quest. In the Western Plague Lands you see Koltira and Thassarian leading campaigns against each other on the orders of the Horde and the Alliance, respectively.

Most Death Knights likely stayed neutral, but when you joined the mortal factions, you signed up to fight their wars.

But in Legion, DKs are pretty neutral including Thessarian
08/16/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Lannistyr
Loyalty to their people, I’d imagine many Blood Elf DKs hold a love for Quel’thalas the way Sylvanas still sort of does whether she admits it or not. Sort of “I hate the living...... but don’t mess with my people” type of attitude idk my best guess

Doesn't really seem like a dk thing after all Darian did say that the past is meaningless
Because I can.

The problem is?
08/16/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Conorn
Because I can.

The problem is?

DKs are mostly neutral.

And why fight with a faction that hates you, wants you dead, and is unkind to you.
08/16/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Ethia
08/16/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Conorn
Because I can.

The problem is?

DKs are mostly neutral.

And why fight with a faction that hates you, wants you dead, and is unkind to you.

Because it's fun.

Plus I get to scout for possible recruits for the Scour-I mean the Ebon Blade.
08/16/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Conorn
08/16/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Ethia

DKs are mostly neutral.

Because it's fun.

Plus I get to scout for possible recruits for the Scour-I mean the Ebon Blade.

I'm telling Bolvar and the deathlord