PvE is the winner again

Battlegrounds
08/16/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Fenian
How about we let PvP gear be obtained as fast and easily as PvE maybe idk not locking us out of PvP gearing content for 2 weeks while PvE can farm all the way to mythic and im 25 BGs in and still full quest gear

AKA lets get vendors back so we can actually get gear and play PvP the way you did it for idk 11 YEARS OF SUCCESS????

Bump. Let my buy my gear again.
I just want to buy my gear again and not be forced to do content I don't want to do.
You are going to get a piece of gear every single week and have a choice of 2-3 different stats. That is actually better than vendors since it's a guaranteed piece no matter what, rather than skipping a week to save for the 2200 cp piece.
08/21/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Bootystalker
I just want to buy my gear again and not be forced to do content I don't want to do.

Yeah, not sure why they are so dead set against a system that worked for pvpers for years.
08/21/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Miadra
08/21/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Bootystalker

Yeah, not sure why they are so dead set against a system that worked for pvpers for years.

This system will work just fine. Gear every week along with others who are capping. I'm curious how they will implement catch up gear for late comers though.
What I'm curious about is will it be that each week everyone gets the same slot filled. Like everyone who caps their conquest gets a head slot, then neck shoulders etc. or will it be rng as to which slot we get.

Also want to know if there are protections against getting duplicates. If I get the same chest piece I already have when I still need a new ring or whatever then I will be super duper pisssssssed.
08/21/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Squeektoy
What I'm curious about is will it be that each week everyone gets the same slot filled. Like everyone who caps their conquest gets a head slot, then neck shoulders etc.

This. And someone linked a SS of them giving you a choice on stats, so it's almost like having a vendor.
08/21/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Jugaa
What I'm curious about is will it be that each week everyone gets the same slot filled. Like everyone who caps their conquest gets a head slot, then neck shoulders etc.

This. And someone linked a SS of them giving you a choice on stats, so it's almost like having a vendor.

That's fine. As long as I don't get dupes it won't be an issue to me.
08/21/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Squeektoy
08/21/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Jugaa

That's fine. As long as I don't get dupes it won't be an issue to me.
They will probably go through each piece first is my guess, starting with weapon supposedly.
Takes like two hours to clear all mythic dungeons every week if your group isn't garbage. Suck it up.
What I'm curious about is will it be that each week everyone gets the same slot filled. Like everyone who caps their conquest gets a head slot, then neck shoulders etc. or will it be rng as to which slot we get.

Also want to know if there are protections against getting duplicates. If I get the same chest piece I already have when I still need a new ring or whatever then I will be super duper pisssssssed.

There will be a set slot chosen each week for the entire game.

So week 1 everyone would get a chest or a belt if that is what is on offer.

So for example, if week 1 is a chest piece and you got lucky with a high ilvl chest from a heroic dungeon or WQ, then the entire week is a pointless grind except for the transmog.

If you have green 280 legs from leveling that you simply cannot get a drop for, then it's entirely possible you won't see them for months.

So yes, duplicates are entirely possible because you might get a lucky high ilvl random drop from PVPing in the week that rewards the same slot. There will be people who get punished under this system. Multiple times.

They could have easily made the weekly reward a token, a token which buys any of the pieces from a vendor.
08/21/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Rdord
So for example, if week 1 is a chest piece and you got lucky with a high ilvl chest from a heroic dungeon or WQ, then the entire week is a pointless grind except for the transmog.

Who cares... this is gearing through pvp. Not everyone does Heroic dungeons or WQ's.
There will be people who get punished under this system. Multiple times

Almost any gearing system that relies on rng is going to be punishing for certain players. It is a bad system, all there is to it.
08/22/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Miadra
There will be people who get punished under this system. Multiple times

Almost any gearing system that relies on rng is going to be punishing for certain players. It is a bad system, all there is to it.
So you don’t get gear one week. Happened when we had vendors and you didn’t have enough cp for a certain piece.
PvEers come into in BGs and carve us up... yet right now, the PvE community is in an uproar because wPvP activity is disturbing their tranquil questing.

This has been the hypocrisy since Legion.
08/22/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Frau
PvEers come into in BGs and carve us up... yet right now, the PvE community is in an uproar because wPvP activity is disturbing their tranquil questing.

Damn... I didn't even think about that. Astute observation sir.

|

Stop using gear as an excuse for your lack of skill.

You had templates and complained about them.

You have a gearing system and you're complaining about it.

You have yet to actually play your class well though.
08/22/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Heckindoggo

|

Stop using gear as an excuse for your lack of skill.
You had templates and complained about them.
You have a gearing system and you're complaining about it.
You have yet to actually play your class well though.

What are you even talking about....
08/19/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Charsi
Pretty annoying tbh. Give us back vendors and the MoP/WoD gearing system. Make the gear scale up like in WoD so PvE'rs don't just have a huge advantage. Also, RNG on stats in PvP gear is awful. Like legit beyond moronic especially with secondaries mattering again.

I have always thought MoP had the best system.

- Craftable low lvl-end PvP gear you could make/buy relatively easy so newb characters wouldn't get completely stomped if they did a little shopping/crafting & it gave blacksmiths/tailors/leatherworkers a market.

- Honor gear that could be upgraded with honor points as you were saving for conquest gear. That way losses that only earned you only honor points still helped close the honor-> conquest gear gap

I think the only issue was world PvP though - MoP PvP gear was pretty bad in world PvP against dungeon gear because the PvP stats were not active in world PvP.
08/22/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Kemal
I have always thought MoP had the best system.

- Craftable low lvl-end PvP gear you could make/buy relatively easy so newb characters wouldn't get completely stomped if they did a little shopping/crafting & it gave blacksmiths/tailors/leatherworkers a market.

- Honor gear that could be upgraded with honor points as you were saving for conquest gear. That way losses that only earned you only honor points still helped close the honor-> conquest gear gap

I think the only issue was world PvP though - MoP PvP gear was pretty bad in world PvP against dungeon gear because the PvP stats were not active in world PvP.

I couldn't agree with you more... Although early MoP's pvp gear would steamroll any pve gear in world (From what I can remember)... Which is unfortunately why they removed Resilience and later pvp power...