Bwonsamdi

General Discussion
"You ain't be dreaming now, mon." - to my druid
"Dat blink didn't get ya very far, did it?" - to my mage
08/17/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Rea
08/17/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Sylliana
So what's his "lantern"?

He can control death much in the same way as the Valk'yre.. though with the price being the cost of the power he would gain from the soul he would return instead of being a trade of life for life that is balanced by the power of the soul (hence why 3 Val'kyre had to be sacraficed to bring Sylvanas back from her last death vs. the Val'kyre bringing back rando Forsaken).

The trade for him, though, is in souls that you deliver to him in exchange for his aid.

They get power from people worshiping them too, the more followers the more power...Now imagine all of the forsaken start worshiping him in exchange for protection from the void....maybe most powerful loa ever at that point. Im pretty sure you have to practice the voodoo to get your soul nabbed up by a loa, I think its a willingly given kinda thing. IDK how or what will happen but it isn't a coincidence her and him.
Dude this character is so awesome. I want to join the cult of Bwonsamdi
[No Spoilers] Bwonsamdi's pact with da king. Finally got there in the game. That...was a different side of the character compared to the humorous insults you get as the graveyard guy.

Now I want more of this character...
"Something smells *sniffs* eh a Demon Hunta'"
LOL it would be funny Bwonsamdi ends up been our next warchief...
Or instead of Ryuk from Death Note it is the Loa known as Baron Samedi from the Voodoo faith.
"All that armor... didn't help ya much, did it?"
08/17/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Grassybay
08/17/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Nightbolt
"Looks like you couldn't roll out of that one!"

love the dark souls reference
That's the reply to monks when they die.
I like how he mocks us. “All dat armor didn’t help ya, did it?”

08/17/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Valdmere
He reminds me Ryuk of death note

I think he was inspired from that. Very dope.
He seems like a nice guy.
08/20/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Azoun

That's the reply to monks when they die.

Still feels like a dark souls reference to me
08/17/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Felhellsing
08/17/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Rea
He's actually been around for a while now. He is just now getting to come out and play now that his story isn't tied to Vol'jin and Blizzards seeming unwillingness to give long term development for him.

There was no real way to introduce him without his temple. Loa tend to be like that.

He has always been the Loa that the Darkspear worshiped since forever. And a fact a lot of people are over looking is that he was the Loa that Vol'jin worshiped and has to be the one who told Vol'jin to choose Sylvanas....That Loa wants to bargain with Sylvanas I'm sure of it.

Anyone else notice that Sylvanas and Bwonsamdi have the same greeting, "What would you ask of Death?"
08/17/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Vintorez
08/17/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Sylliana
So what's his "lantern"?
Could be that by Sylvanas binding herself to Bwonny, she will have another safety net against the torment of her afterlife, as well as being more than willing to deliver the entire Alliance to Bwonsamdi.

This could even be what Sylvanas did with her deal with Helya, her soul is already damaged by Arthas so bargaining it would either make no difference or give her a different fate than her the void afterlife she experienced before. Compared to that, I would probably rather go to Helheim or the Other Side as well.

Sylvanas makes a deal with Bwosamdi. he fulfills his end. She burns down his temple with him in it and rules over life and death. Long Live the Queen!!
This just in, Bwonsambi is Rob Zombie.

This also just in, Bwonsambi made Sylvanas his chosen since day one.
I'd love an option to have him an my perm spirit healer
I want to know who his boss is and why he isn't going to be happy mon. Not happy at all.
"Dat blink didn't get you very far, did it?"

Shut up Bronswamdi...

xD
08/17/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Nightbolt
"Looks like you couldn't roll out of that one!"

I believe it's a monk reference.