Havoc DH is dead for PvP

Demon Hunter
I don't know. I am just trying to learn the pvp side of the class. There doesn't seem to be a lot of DH players with youtube channels and those that do a variety of classes seem to think it lacks, self sustain being the biggest issue.
Trail is better for consistent damage while barrage is better for burst. If you are going to 1v1 go with FB since in a stun you can nearly half health a target.

Havoc can smash a frost mage if played right, dispel his barrier so you don't get slowed and use stun with meta to nearly one shot. Mages are hella squishy
08/22/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Ecstalion
Trail is better for consistent damage while barrage is better for burst. If you are going to 1v1 go with FB since in a stun you can nearly half health a target.

Havoc can smash a frost mage if played right, dispel his barrier so you don't get slowed and use stun with meta to nearly one shot. Mages are hella squishy

I would always use Fel Barrage in every situation. Barrage is kill damage and trail is pad damage.

Good Barrages end lives and trail does not
08/22/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Foxfighter

I would always use Fel Barrage in every situation. Barrage is kill damage and trail is pad damage.

Over all where would you say DH stands for PvP right now? Would you say it's better or worse compared to how we were in legion?
I dont think its dead but we are really going to have to rely on our teammates more than ever.

Again I made a post on this, but Ppople have been giving Blizzard "Constructed feedback" on DH since Beta and even now, but we dont even get a "We are looking into changes." There are a lot of good ideas out there that are comprehensive in detail on why they are needed to make demon hunter fun and dangerous again.

My belief is because they gutted leech and in that same sentence a lot of our sustain we should do massive damage. We only have two specs and our Tank spec doesnt cross over much into our DPS spec like other hybrid classes. We are a simple class that is meant to be mobile and deal dmg, but almost every other class now is just as mobile.

Warriors two chargers, monk, rogue, mage with blinks and roots, and more.

I do not believe they should nerf those classes but bring us up to them and give us some utility to groups and pvp besides a flat 5% magic damage on targets hit by chaos damage. Give MoTg baseline and blood let as a talent or vise versa. There have been many other good ideas too and I am not going to re list them all here.
08/22/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Arkhanx

Over all where would you say DH stands for PvP right now? Would you say it's better or worse compared to how we were in legion?

TBH I think DH was one of the weaker melee classes in Legion

I think their new kit gives them a lot more to do and a lot more comps to run

Once a few melee get nerfed I think DH will be really strong

Any smart player will just stun you out of that cast in a duel. You’d have to try to bait out a trinket first before popping that so in pvp I don’t think it’s as effective. I haven’t had any issues not being able to burst guys with death sweep. I usually end with top dmg in most pvp and pve instances using trail. But everyone has their preferences, to each their own
08/22/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Foxfighter
08/22/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Arkhanx

TBH I think DH was one of the weaker melee classes in Legion

I think their new kit gives them a lot more to do and a lot more comps to run

Once a few melee get nerfed I think DH will be really strong

Glad to hear that, and I strongly agree with that about Legion. It felt like they were scared to let dh be a bit stronger and anytime they did patch us they were super quick and heavy handed with the nerfs.

I'm hopeful to see dh perform a bit better this time around.
08/22/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Sybiltv

Any smart player will just stun you out of that cast in a duel. You’d have to try to bait out a trinket first before popping that so in pvp I don’t think it’s as effective. I haven’t had any issues not being able to burst guys with death sweep. I usually end with top dmg in most pvp and pve instances using trail. But everyone has their preferences, to each their own

Fel barrage is easily interrupted by any team with half a brain in rbgs. In larger group fights with more interrupts/mitigation trail will always be better even though it only does roughly 25% more damage than fel barrage per minute. But Syb 1v1 you have 2 stuns and two casts that can be interrupted while having immensely more burst mobility than any other class. They have one trinket. If you're getting silenced/stunned during fel barrage that is a l2p issue.
Only able to tell a spec is good or not once arena season begin. You experience in legion doesn’t matter anymore
08/22/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Vincindo
Only able to tell a spec is good or not once arena season begin. You experience in legion doesn’t matter anymore

I'd say it does. Higher exp dh's seem to have less problems with the changes than low exp pvp dhs. Don't know if it was intended or not but bliz raised the skill curve quite a bit.
08/22/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Shewasntrdy

I'd say it does. Higher exp dh's seem to have less problems with the changes than low exp pvp dhs. Don't know if it was intended or not but bliz raised the skill curve quite a bit.

That is personal opinion, if the spec is over tune, we will massive influx of player. Anyway Dh is good for questing.

On the side note why isn’t anyone taking nemis, since it is dh only damage CD.

I kinda hope so. Over all I wasn't a big fan of some of the design choices in legion for dh, and thus far I've liked BFA's iteration a lot better.
08/22/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Vincindo

That is personal opinion, if the spec is over tune, we will massive influx of player. Anyway Dh is good for questing.

Because momentum is more flexible AND is now additional fury gen to boot.
08/22/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Arkhanx

You fury starved in pvp??? Anyway if you have nemis, it line up perfectly with 2 min meta, therefore max you burst potential
DHs are total garbage for PvP now. They were borderline very reliant on teams in legion with only a few classes they countered well 1v1. Now they are just not classes one wants to pvp with.. NO cc, really !@#$ty self sustain/survival... no anything really. Totally bent by some classes like rogue, paladin, and a few others.

They were all about damage then... (and and now just about damage... no chess game in their kit that works for pvp as well as the others... pvp is all about CC and with near ZERO CC/snare.. DHs just dont have it. Not sure what Blizz is thinking.
08/22/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Vincindo
You fury starved in pvp??? Anyway if you have nemis, it line up perfectly with 2 min meta, therefore max you burst potential

Momentum has much better opportunity and control. Nemesis has a full GCD while Fel Rush only causes a partial GCD. Additionally, target swaps and immunities further reduce the effectiveness of Nemesis.
08/22/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Vincindo
08/22/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Arkhanx

No, but more fury never hurts. Nemesis has a couple of drastic flaws that allow momentum to be a bit more ideal. It has a long cooldown, and it only works on one target. With Momo I may not have a big one minute window of high damage but I can line that up well enough with fel barrage/eyebeam/fury dumps to have a consistent damage buff up when I need it rather than using a single target cycle cd of 1 minute strong, 1 minute weak.

Isn't just personal opinion. Statistically speaking based on the forum posts there are a lot less high pvp exp dh's complaining than low exp dhs. I've read a lot of #%$@.

Our only issue really is how clunky our fury generation talent row is and that demons bite should just be removed from our kit though that is my personal opinion.