Havoc DH is dead for PvP

Demon Hunter
08/22/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Typh
08/22/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Vincindo
You fury starved in pvp??? Anyway if you have nemis, it line up perfectly with 2 min meta, therefore max you burst potential

Momentum has much better opportunity and control. Nemesis has a full GCD while Fel Rush only causes a partial GCD. Additionally, target swaps and immunities further reduce the effectiveness of Nemesis.

Mm, what you say is true, but I serious doubt you can kill decent player outside meta. This isn’t legion anymore, where you can stack momentum , memesis and chaos blade up 100% or 50% damage increase.
I have about 20 ilvls lower than you but I'm not doing as badly as your post would seem to suggest. I don't feel weak. The only spec I don't seem to have a chance of killing is disc. Frost is hard without felblade, easy with it. Melee specs are easier with a more sustain build.

Anyway, just my two cents.
08/22/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Sybiltv
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I would always use Fel Barrage in every situation. Barrage is kill damage and trail is pad damage.

Good Barrages end lives and trail does not
Any smart player will just stun you out of that cast in a duel. You’d have to try to bait out a trinket first before popping that so in pvp I don’t think it’s as effective. I haven’t had any issues not being able to burst guys with death sweep. I usually end with top dmg in most pvp and pve instances using trail. But everyone has their preferences, to each their own

I really dislike replies like this.

Obviously it is CCable which is why it does that much damage. I usually try to trick a bad player with imprison. But if you run fel eruption you can easily Eruption into Nova into Fel Barrage

Also this whole idea of “I top meters in pvp must mean I am doing good” is such an awful mindset for a few reasons. First DH has more aoe abilities than any class in the game....you can run any build you want and very easily earned top numbers on your team.

Also at least 9/10 players in BGs are usually awful and have no idea what they are doing. Most of them click their abilities and keyboard turn and have no clue how to work on a team. So why are you comparing anything like that? If you bind abilities your automatically have an advantage in BGs. I cannot remember the last 1v1 in a BG and when I que with 4 of my friends we destroy the other team. It is never a close match

So if you want to min/max the power of a class with actually being able to end things asap and dominate then yes Fel Barrage is by far the best choice. Also Fel Barrage when used right will out work Trail over the coarse of a game

In terms of world pvp it is 100% better to use Fel Barrage as the fight needs to end fast.

Now that Trail was fixed it may outpace and be better overall in most situations but as of yesterday it 100% was not
08/22/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Vincindo
Only able to tell a spec is good or not once arena season begin. You experience in legion doesn’t matter anymore

This statement is crap. My guess is you do not understand the game or the class

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Because momentum is more flexible AND is now additional fury gen to boot.

You fury starved in pvp??? Anyway if you have nemis, it line up perfectly with 2 min meta, therefore max you burst potential

And backed up by that statement you said then you obviously do not get what makes DH pvp viable
Fox do u stream? Link it if you do plz
So foxfighter, could you recommend me a spec to play for Wpvp?
08/23/2018 05:00 AMPosted by Scizor
Fox do u stream? Link it if you do plz

Twitch.tv/fawxfighter

I do not do it often but maybe some more soon. I have some vods of 120 skirms

08/23/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Jenkzz
So foxfighter, could you recommend me a spec to play for Wpvp?

Fel blade
Demon Blades or Immo aura (I use Immo aura for questing)
Fel Barrage
Soul Rending
First blood
Fel Eruption
Momentum

Pvp trinket
Rain from Above
Reverse Magic
Solitude
... Any smart player will just stun you out of that cast in a duel. You’d have to try to bait out a trinket first before popping that so in pvp I don’t think it’s as effective. I haven’t had any issues not being able to burst guys with death sweep. I usually end with top dmg in most pvp and pve instances using trail. But everyone has their preferences, to each their own

Obviously it is CCable which is why it does that much damage. I usually try to trick a bad player with imprison. But if you run fel eruption you can easily Eruption into Nova into Fel Barrage

Also this whole idea of “I top meters in pvp must mean I am doing good” is such an awful mindset for a few reasons. First DH has more aoe abilities than any class in the game....you can run any build you want and very easily earned top numbers on your team.

Also at least 9/10 players in BGs are usually awful and have no idea what they are doing. Most of them click their abilities and keyboard turn and have no clue how to work on a team. So why are you comparing anything like that? If you bind abilities your automatically have an advantage in BGs. I cannot remember the last 1v1 in a BG and when I que with 4 of my friends we destroy the other team. It is never a close match

So if you want to min/max the power of a class with actually being able to end things asap and dominate then yes Fel Barrage is by far the best choice. Also Fel Barrage when used right will out work Trail over the coarse of a game

In terms of world pvp it is 100% better to use Fel Barrage as the fight needs to end fast.

Now that Trail was fixed it may outpace and be better overall in most situations but as of yesterday it 100% was not
I don’t care if you dislike my reply, it’s a public forum.

... Any smart player will just stun you out of that cast in a duel. You’d have to try to bait out a trinket first before popping that so in pvp I don’t think it’s as effective. I haven’t had any issues not being able to burst guys with death sweep. I usually end with top dmg in most pvp and pve instances using trail. But everyone has their preferences, to each their own

Yea but your reply is wrong and an incorrect mindet

I have been using these forums to assist DHs and try to help them improve since Legion S1. When I see stuff like what you said I will have to call you out because players should not listen to those words

That mindset gives you false hope and makes you believe things that are not true
Foxfighter knows what hes talking about and is typically very helpful to those with an open mind.

08/23/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Foxfighter
Yea but your reply is wrong and an incorrect mindet

I have been using these forums to assist DHs and try to help them improve since Legion S1. When I see stuff like what you said I will have to call you out because players should not listen to those words

That mindset gives you false hope and makes you believe things that are not true
bgs are what people actually play and care about, not arenas
08/23/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Sillidan

Anyone that plays this game at a high level knows that this statement Is once again very wrong

I enjoy bgs to an extent but they are not challenging and very rarely to I come across and actual good player. Bgs are literally just casual pvp. You gain nothing from them...no notoriety ....no rewards....nothing. Once you leave the bg no one will care who you are. So how the hell does that mean players care more about bgs than arena. There are not competitive bg tournaments....it was attempted and flopped hard...

ALSO once again I will remind you that blizzard tunes class numbers around 3v3 arenas....not bgs...not 2v2....not duels....not world pvp

What irritates me most off is players like you think your opinion should out weigh other players that have a real competitive experience
<insert MJ eating popcorn gif here>
Don’t you think our defensives are weak comparatively to other classes? Like fury warriors have so much self healing and hunters can cast a heal in turtle. Our dmg is ok but I think we need a buff to our leech or something that won’t make us so squishy.

I also don’t think this game should be balanced around the top 1% of arena players. Obviously things need to be balanced but a lot of people don’t have 2700+ experience. This game should be balanced for average players and anything that is too op after that should be gradually reduced in scaling. It just doesn’t make sense to balance a game for the 1% of arena players.
08/23/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Foxfighter
08/23/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Sillidan

Anyone that plays this game at a high level knows that this statement Is once again very wrong

I enjoy bgs to an extent but they are not challenging and very rarely to I come across and actual good player. Bgs are literally just casual pvp. You gain nothing from them...no notoriety ....no rewards....nothing. Once you leave the bg no one will care who you are. So how the hell does that mean players care more about bgs than arena. There are not competitive bg tournaments....it was attempted and flopped hard...

ALSO once again I will remind you that blizzard tunes class numbers around 3v3 arenas....not bgs...not 2v2....not duels....not world pvp

What irritates me most off is players like you think your opinion should out weigh other players that have a real competitive experience

dude, we are the majorty

blizzard stupidly tunes around threes when bgs are where the audience is

arena tournaments are ZzZZZZzzz to watch, no one cares bud
08/23/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Conalingus
I also don’t think this game should be balanced around the top 1% of arena players.

this

dont tune around threes so a few people can be happy, tune around bgs so the millions that play them will be happy
08/23/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Sillidan
08/23/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Foxfighter

dude, we are the majorty

Because 3v3 is the most balanced aspect of this game. Why should your opinion matter more than someone who has the capability of playing their class at max level

Someone who plays casual pvp their opinions are from a place of pure class bias. You just want your class to be the strongest in the game so you can have the most fun possible. There is no competitive nature casual pvp

Also why are you even talking about bg balance. You can succeed with every build and spec in this game in BGs. They are so stupidly easy it is a joke people talk about them

Why should your opinion matter over someone who actually understands in full how this game is??

Also the bg tournament drew far less viewers than arena tournaments. There is a reason why they have not been done since

So no casual pvp should never be taken into consideration for balance over the competitive pvp.

But again BGs are not imbalanced.......so why the hell are you even bringing it up?
08/23/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Sillidan
I also don’t think this game should be balanced around the top 1% of arena players.

this

dont tune around threes so a few people can be happy, tune around bgs so the millions that play them will be happy

They are fine why are you even crying

If you cannot do good in bgs on every class or spec I am sorry and not to be mean but you are a bad player....simple as that

No class buff would help you.

Demon Hunter is great in all aspects of pvp
When i meant dont balance this game around the 1% of pvpers I never mentioned you shouldn't balance around arena and should balance around bgs. Bgs are supposed to be a casual experience, rated bgs and 3v3 are different stories. You need to balance the game around its competitive game modes. Regular bgs are not competitive, they are meant for casual gameplay.
I also don’t think this game should be balanced around the top 1% of arena players. Obviously things need to be balanced but a lot of people don’t have 2700+ experience. This game should be balanced for average players and anything that is too op after that should be gradually reduced in scaling. It just doesn’t make sense to balance a game for the 1% of arena players.

08/23/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Sillidan

dude, we are the majorty

08/23/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Sillidan

this

pretty sure Blizzard takes everything into account when balancing the game, but imagine if all their PvE content was balanced around normal dungeons. you can see how ridiculous your theories on balance are from that perspective.