Hydrocore?

General Discussion
I'm an Inscriptionist/Herbalist, is there any use for this stuff in inscription? Are there other uses for this stuff?
For Inscription it currently appears that this is the only item that can be created from them.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=278422/crimson-ink-well

I assume like most of the similar profession items in the past it will be tradeable for other profession supplies and/or war resources in a future patch.
WoW is a lot of different things to different people. Some like pet battles. Some like to collect mounts. Some like to explore. Some like the highest level dungeons and the challenge and so on.

I like crafting. It just pisses me off that mats to craft the best items are in mythic dungeons only. By then, you don't even need what you can craft. Next, I do not think I have ever done a mythic dungeon. Its just not high on my interest list. In addition, there is no LFR for mythic so you have to have a group of friends or guild to do them with. The only time this happens is in the evening. You see people recruiting all the time for 7-12pm in the evening. I do not play then. That is family time. End result, I can never do the one thing I enjoy most in game at the highest level, crafting, because it requires you to do mythic dungeons.

It just sucks that the one thing I like most about the game requires me to participate in the one thing I like least.
Is there anything these are good for if we don't craft?
scribe

08/26/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Gnash
there is no LFR for mythic so you have to have a group of friends or guild to do them with

or just make ur own group
at any time during the day

there is no LFR for mythic so you have to have a group of friends or guild to do them with. The only time this happens is in the evening. You see people recruiting all the time for 7-12pm in the evening. I do not play then. That is family time

you're also able to have friends any time during the day
It just sucks that the one thing I like most about the game requires me to participate in the one thing I like least.

Totally agree, what really rubs me wrong is the items that require the drop will be obsolete by other drops in the very same instance that i do NOT want to go into.

You want follower items, you need to get into a mythic dungeon to get the mats that everyone else will want as well. All for stuff that has NO relation to the content that it is hidden in.
About the only thing these are good for is the 32 slot bags. That crafted 355 gear will be obsolete soon.
Boggles the mind what they're thinking these days on multiple aspects of the game.
Seems like Blizzard is forcing people to do Mythics just to get these crafting items. Seriously though?
08/26/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Christus
Seems like Blizzard is forcing people to do Mythics just to get these crafting items. Seriously though?

yeah but it is also a slap in the face
Untradeable trade goods are just a stupid concept in general.

It's just one of many symptoms of a dev team with ant farm syndrome. You have to play the game their way and be herded carefully down narrow paths or don't play at all.

Rep grinds via WQs with no alternative but extremely rare drops from island expeditions. Rep grinds you have to do to upgrade your amulet and unlock the campaign (which is also required now if you want to progress your mission table).

War resources require WQs with no alternative currently.

Group finding addons + auto accept completely destroyed because they want to control exactly how you form groups and control the speed with which you can complete the WQs they've herded you into. They try to justify this via asinine comments about the importance of socialization, even if that's a real reason, proving that they want to control every aspect of how you play, even how you interact and how often you interact with others.

Crafting requires BoP mats from specific content. While the concept isn't new, they've turned it way up in at least the past two expansions in terms of how many items require doing specific content to create. It really completely ruins the entire concept of trade and crafting professions.

It's all part of the same basic failing of the current dev team. They're playing god. You're part of a social experiment to see if they can get you to react just how they'd like you to and participate in the content they want you to participate in. They have zero concept of how their current development philosophy is anti-fun garbage.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17908691014
WHY would you get to 350 ilvl in order to RUN mythic, and then craft an item that is most likely obsolete by the time youre able to craft it, and it is BOP. wtf blizz wtf. USELESS