selling gear

General Discussion
08/24/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Bronies
Why not post from your main btw, instead of being a shadowed-pic coward?

So its a coward if you want privacy. Right.
I think its Rastlin....or one of his offspring....
When it was equipped ilevel in legion blizz did a quick hotfix to make it your highest potential ilevel, to make sure people couldn't game the system. If enough people start vendoring rings/bracers for questing then buying them back blizz will either remove the buyback or make it so your available ilevel includes things in the buyback window.

They don't want you trying to beat the system. The harder you try to fight, the more creative they will be to stop you.

That being said, with the laughable setup they have right now, there is no way in hell my gathering alt will be leveling. It's wildly easier at 110 than a fresh 120 that won't ever get gear.
It's easy to hide behind a lvl 1.
08/24/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Tullock
When it was equipped ilevel in legion blizz did a quick hotfix to make it your highest potential ilevel, to make sure people couldn't game the system. If enough people start vendoring rings/bracers for questing then buying them back blizz will either remove the buyback or make it so your available ilevel includes things in the buyback window.

They don't want you trying to beat the system. The harder you try to fight, the more creative they will be to stop you.

That being said, with the laughable setup they have right now, there is no way in hell my gathering alt will be leveling. It's wildly easier at 110 than a fresh 120 that won't ever get gear.

I'm destroying the gear. Let's see them "fix" that. All of my toons have stopped leveling. The higher I get the worse it gets. No thanks. XP off.
yeah lol rn just running around with heirlooms and it feels alot more smoother than with the current gear rewards from quests.
08/24/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Metrohaha
08/24/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Bronies
ya know you can do it on your own.

I did. I dropped 100 item levels, and the mob lost 7k health.
Took me longer to kill half naked.
Can you link some logs of your findings? They do not match up with mine.

I suppose to put this to rest I'm going to have to test this properly. Bit of a shame that "so many people agree" but I can't find any real math or evidence anywhere.

why does it not surprise me that the biggest white knight in GD can't duplicate the results, or even understand the problem.
08/24/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Bronies
So its a coward if you want privacy. Right.
I think its Rastlin....or one of his offspring....

Clearly not Rastlin. We know his writing style. This level 1 never used the phrase "slap in the face" once.
Get some real gear and it’s easy again. I’m 337 and I destroy everything
08/24/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Makilo
Get some real gear and it’s easy again. I’m 337 and I destroy everything

That's not the point my main is 344 ilvl. So I know how easy it is.

The point is somewhere in the ilvl range the scaling is steep.
08/24/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Mony
08/24/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Metrohaha
I did. I dropped 100 item levels, and the mob lost 7k health.
Took me longer to kill half naked.
Can you link some logs of your findings? They do not match up with mine.

I suppose to put this to rest I'm going to have to test this properly. Bit of a shame that "so many people agree" but I can't find any real math or evidence anywhere.

why does it not surprise me that the biggest white knight in GD can't duplicate the results, or even understand the problem.

He did it wrong lol. You’re supposed to sell 1-2 pieces until you hit 300 ilvl or close to it. At 120 the mobs don’t scale below ilvl 300. I usually just sell a ring and trinket then buy em back after world questing. If he dropped to 240 ilvl then he over did it ha.
The burden of proof isn't on us, you're making the claim prove it