Devs said no more AV threads

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
08/12/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Jadei
08/12/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Skeeks
Easiest choke on the map? That's the DB Bridge, not FW. Especially with all the knock backs in the game now, even easier to turtle on that side of the bridge.

The bridge is a solid choke but it’s not a single path that makes it easy to defend all resources nor do alliance have a gy at their back to return to battle as quickly as horde. Alliance rez all the way back at SF or SH while horde rez at SP.

If the base defense determined who won or lost, we could debate DB and FW, but they don’t. Mid map does.

08/12/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Leads
Then give us a choke similar to the bridge and we'll call it fair. Somewhere. Make our base a b.tch to enter, and a place where you are crowded with npcs like horse have to deal with.

FWK is a strong choke already and easily compares to DB. We can’t say that about IB and SH.

lolwot? You have a graveyard behind the bridge.
08/12/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Skeeks
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Not true. Why do you think they changed stormpike bowman placement? Because horde were too inept to cap a bunker without getting hit by bowmen. What about the snow mound being removed at FW or the gaps in the fence at FWK? Horde were too inept to defend the easiest choke on the map so that neither of those changes were even necessary.

IB choke is a problem in a defensive game. Deflecting and redirecting blame on alliance doesn’t make that not so.

Easiest choke on the map? That's the DB Bridge, not FW. Especially with all the knock backs in the game now, even easier to turtle on that side of the bridge.

You only have to give up most of your resources to use it. Plus, once you

08/12/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Littlegreen

Next time you're holding the SP bridge, try sending 10-15 people on offense.

It's impossible for Horde to contain that group on the bridge by having a closer graveyard, or, not running onto the bridge like idiots (which would be difficult), and send players back to recap. Thank goodness.
The bridge is a solid choke but it’s not a single path that makes it easy to defend all resources nor do alliance have a gy at their back to return to battle as quickly as horde. Alliance rez all the way back at SF or SH while horde rez at SP.

Stormpike Aid Station should be under Alliance control if you're in your base.
08/12/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Jugajr
...No, they don’t realize that.

Because the SP bridge is so strong of a chokepoint that it can be held by fewer than 10 people with knockbacks, whereas the IB choke requires almost the entire horde team to hold. You can hold the SP bridge with a small or medium force while the rest of your team pushes offense. If horde are preventing you from going through Iceblood it means they aren't doing anything else except maybe sending a couple rogues/druids on stealth missions.

Most games never last that long to utilise sending 10 15, and horde with good communication always counter it anyway. I've watched countless games where horde just send half the forces back and wipe everyone up just so they can push front again.
FWK is a strong choke already and easily compares to DB.

I can literally blink through the FWK choke, and a number of classes have similar abilities that do the same. Try blinking across the DB bridge and enjoy dying outright or your free ride to the bottom of the canyon.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You only have to give up most of your resources to use it. Plus, once you

It's impossible for Horde to contain that group on the bridge by having a closer graveyard, or, not running onto the bridge like idiots (which would be difficult), and send players back to recap. Thank goodness.

Thats why I think they should split the map into 20 vs 20's, 20 people assigned to defense, 20 people assigned to offense, with the respective assignments not being able to move behind or ahead of certain parts of the map, not only would it create a more enjoyable environment I think, it would also make it so theres actual progress on the map while still being a longer format game.
08/12/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Skeeks
lolwot? You have a graveyard behind the bridge.

I worded that badly. I edited it to make it clearer.
08/12/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Littlegreen

I can literally blink through the FWK choke, and a number of classes have similar abilities that do the same. Try blinking across the DB bridge and enjoy dying outright or your free ride to the bottom of the canyon.

Yet i've seen countless prot warrior on horde dragon charge, elemental storm, disc priest knock back everyone off the bridge, ppl take fall damage, 10 hordies clean up bottom then they just push to the front of the bridge. Seen it done so many times now. It's not even an "IF" anymore it's just "WHEN"

Or use the back door behind south bunker.
08/12/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Bloodrusher

Yet i've seen countless prot warrior on horde dragon charge, elemental storm, disc priest knock back everyone off the bridge, ppl take fall damage, 10 hordies clean up bottom then they just push to the front of the bridge. Seen it done so many times now. It's not even an "IF" anymore it's just "WHEN"

And I've seen alliance push through the IB choke, or take IBT and Galv without needing to take the choke, and I've seen alliance successfully hold horde at the bridge while the alliance O takes the horde backfield. If both teams are playing the correct strategy, it generally comes down to team comp and skill. If one team is playing a good strategy and the other team is being retarded, the team with the good strategy will have a significant advantage. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think that's how a strategic battleground should work.
I have only lost AV once horde side since the prepatch and it was because I got queued into a 25 man premade who said they were "going to act like they were going SHB then doing a reach around at Galv" and thought that was a good idea.. By the time they "reached around" Alliance had capped IBGY and it was over.

Just open up another road around IBGY so it mirrors SBH and have back doors into the bases and call it a day. Tactics over turtles.
08/12/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Jugajr

Or use the back door behind south bunker.

Which requires you to run up a wall while you're extremely visible to any alliance who look that way, plus it takes you right into half a dozen alliance NPCs that you will have to dispatch before you can try to take any flags in the heart of the alliance base, before any alliance rez waves spot you.
08/12/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Jadei
Why do you think they changed stormpike bowman placement?

I call shenanigans

I've been able to start cap on bunkers without getting fired on since the start of AV

the only deadly part is running in there, you are in firing range of 2-3+ of them almost the whole run

if you are alone (or the first one there) it's actually very deadly, without active mitigation or some other tool you die

conversly, you can run up a horde tower in perfect safety
I find it so hilarious that everyone thinks AV has changed. All they did was double the reinforcements and make the guards/boss a little harder. Now everyone has lost their minds thinking it's some great new thing - it isn't. I still don't know why Alliance is stopping at SH gy. I really am thinking 8.0 broke whatever was preventing botting in bgs. I can't believe Alliance would be that stupid. It's very easy to ride to the IB gy flag even if Horde are guarding it. But Alliance doesn't even try.
08/12/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Littlegreen
08/12/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Jugajr
...Or use the back door behind south bunker.

Which requires you to run up a wall while you're extremely visible to any alliance who look that way, plus it takes you right into half a dozen alliance NPCs that you will have to dispatch before you can try to take any flags in the heart of the alliance base, before any alliance rez waves spot you.
More than you can do at the Horde keep.
08/12/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Xalea
I find it so hilarious that everyone thinks AV has changed. All they did was double the reinforcements and make the guards/boss a little harder. Now everyone has lost their minds thinking it's some great new thing - it isn't. I still don't know why Alliance is stopping at SH gy. I really am thinking 8.0 broke whatever was preventing botting in bgs. I can't believe Alliance would be that stupid. It's very easy to ride to the IB gy flag even if Horde are guarding it. But Alliance doesn't even try.
So go ahead and do that against a smart team while archers are shooting at you and horde that die res right there.

please, they charge right into a close quarters base with elite NPC everywhere and archers firing like mad

try again

ally can still defend the bridge very easily as long as they fire from land, which is exactly what the smart groups do

if your players are trying to leroy jenkins out onto the bridge without some god-ability on tap well then they get what they deserve
08/12/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Zahruk

please, they charge right into a close quarters base with elite NPC everywhere and archers firing like mad

try again

ally can still defend the bridge very easily as long as they fire from land, which is exactly what the smart groups do

if your players are trying to leroy jenkins out onto the bridge without some god-ability on tap well then they get what they deserve
And Horde can defend ALL their resources very easily if they group by IBT. There is only that one path.
08/12/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Tribbie
I have only lost AV once horde side since the prepatch and it was because I got queued into a 25 man premade who said they were "going to act like they were going SHB then doing a reach around at Galv" and thought that was a good idea.. By the time they "reached around" Alliance had capped IBGY and it was over.

Just open up another road around IBGY so it mirrors SBH and have back doors into the bases and call it a day. Tactics over turtles.
This, exactly. Horde now has a guaranteed 100% win rate in AV because Alliance has lost their freaking minds.
08/12/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Xalea

This right here is why Alliance is losing AV. Keep rushing galv/ibgy at the beginning and you will keep losing. They're not bots they're defending Stonehearth rofl.