Let's talk about Haste, and the lack thereof. (Put 2ndry stats on Azerite gear)

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You must be new to WoW... The "feeling weak at new level cap" has always been a thing. It's just really tough right now because of how inflated secondaries became at the end of legion. You're just a part of a very small, but vocally loud, minority of the player-base and Blizzard doesn't really care about your anecdotal opinion. If they hemorrhage subs like crazy, then they might check to see what's a problem and what's not.

And your neck has all the stats for your helm/shoulders/chest.

>"you must be new to wow"
>has under 3k achievement points.
Projection.

Clearly you can't didn't read the op or Inspect my account. No I'm not new. This is not about new expansion weakness. It's about their blanket nerf to secondaries without tuning classes heavily reliant on haste appropriately for the gameplay to be enjoyable. 6-8 seconds of no buttons to push is not fun.

The neck doesn't come close to covering stats for three major slots

I have ~16k on my account. This is an alt with achievements set to show character only...
Whee, I just love being pigeon-holed into Furious Slash and Frothing Beserker because I've got 8% haste.
Ya im not sure why we dont have secondary stats on AZ gear....i mean then at least when we get an ilvl upgrade we get something out of it and dont feel like crap because we cant turn the abilities on.

Just make it like the neck...but some of each 3 (haste, Crit, Mastery) on each peice..DONE
It also doesnt help that for whatever reason Haste is like 2x more stats per % than crit....not sure why this....
*winds up seed of corruption*
*gets a sandwich, goes to the bathroom, fills out tax return*
*seed finishes casting*
08/21/2018 04:45 AMPosted by Camshow
I went from 45%(110) while not enraged to 14%(120) not enraged.
Now I'm at 43% Haste while enraged at 120.

you also went from last normal/lfr raid to leveling
your haste IS going to be lower just straight up without the changes and nerfs

08/21/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Mellody
Try healing a dungeon right now without haste stacked. Spamming flash heal over and over isn't how healing is supposed to work, but that's what we're doing now cause you guys are pulling multiple add packs and our casts are sooooo slow we have no choice but to oom on every pull. WRU haste gears!

a literal L2P issue.

08/21/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Keianha
Ya im not sure why we dont have secondary stats on AZ gear....i mean then at least when we get an ilvl upgrade we get something out of it and dont feel like crap because we cant turn the abilities on.

Just make it like the neck...but some of each 3 (haste, Crit, Mastery) on each peice..DONE

does that actually happen? most people seem to be able to activate atleast the first trait on gear atm, even mythic
the 2nd and 3rd mostly do not matter , and the 4th is raid only atm

08/21/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Keianha
It also doesnt help that for whatever reason Haste is like 2x more stats per % than crit....not sure why this....

mostly an attempt to balance secondaries so that haste to X% (usually 20-25) isn't almost always the go to
08/20/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Hòóligan
Dropping from 35% haste to 8% honestly feels like I'm playing with a perma debuff on me.

I went from 30% to 11% and it's horrible.. the closer I'm getting to 120, the worse it feels. I now how time in between casts for a 'ooo, a piece of candy' distraction.
Haste scaling is terrible, it doesn't make sense for less crit and mastery to give you a higher % than you get for Haste at the same rating.
I don't remember hitting 20% haste until Nighthold. Granted I only run Normal raids but everything feels par for the course so far. How short lived peoples' memories are.
08/22/2018 12:13 AMPosted by Cactiss
I don't remember hitting 20% haste until Nighthold. Granted I only run Normal raids but everything feels par for the course so far. How short lived peoples' memories are.

20% then and now are not the same thing. try waiting 8 secs for an ability with no cd because your regen is so bad. They changed the scaling of secondary stats and added most everything to the GCD. It feels terrible. It's not about feeling weak its about gameplay and rotation having 3+ empty globals
08/22/2018 12:21 AMPosted by Hòóligan
08/22/2018 12:13 AMPosted by Cactiss

20% then and now are not the same thing. try waiting 8 secs for an ability with no cd because your regen is so bad. They changed the scaling of secondary stats and added most everything to the GCD. It feels terrible. It's not about feeling weak its about gameplay and rotation having 3+ empty globals

The GCD remains unchanged, and the haste levels are fairly close
If you're waiting 8s on any class/spec though it's because your rotation is wrong.
Even taking off EVERYTHING with haste no class has such a huge gap

20% then and now are the same, the rating to get there is merely higher
08/22/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Hallinar
08/22/2018 12:21 AMPosted by Hòóligan

If you're waiting 8s on any class/spec though it's because your rotation is wrong.

True and untrue. Though 8 seconds is an exaggeration, class cool downs being affected by haste hurt alot right now. Classes are a bit clunky. I would argue though its not just haste. There is an extreme lack of secondaries this xpac. Blizzard intended this to happen as they pushed up primaries so that ilvl will be king though they forgot that doesnt work with rings and trinkets...but yes, classes dont feel fluid now in comparison to fresh 110's. Intended or not or whether it gets better I cant judge, I can only judge that the game feels like an engine trying to run on year old sludgy oil.
Yes, please.

The Azerite pieces right now feel both pointless and frustating. The traits themselves are too random for what you get to choose from, but the fact that you're constantly replacing them anyway for higher item level and stats makes it doubly punishing.

They really should have gone with the Heart of Azeroth having a trait window like the Artifacts did. Let us embue those pieces with the special traits, and worry less about what's in those slots. Right now, it's more of a grind than it's worth.
08/22/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Doruun
08/22/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Hallinar

True and untrue. Though 8 seconds is an exaggeration, class cool downs being affected by haste hurt alot right now. Classes are a bit clunky. I would argue though its not just haste. There is an extreme lack of secondaries this xpac. Blizzard intended this to happen as they pushed up primaries so that ilvl will be king though they forgot that doesnt work with rings and trinkets...but yes, classes dont feel fluid now in comparison to fresh 110's. Intended or not or whether it gets better I cant judge, I can only judge that the game feels like an engine trying to run on year old sludgy oil.

But you're still not skipping GCD's unless you're playing incorrectly

Yes it hurts that you have to use some on buffs and cds, but you're still DOING something

20% haste affects you in the exact same manner it used to, the rotation due to cd changes alters/skews play somewhat but 20% at 110 and 120 are the same (both before and after bfa launch)

It's like saying that i need more than 20-25% haste because when using utility abilities (always been on gcd ones anyway) my rotation is altered and it feels clunkier

I've still got the same amoubt of GCD's, just using them differently

For most classes starting a new expac it always feels horribly not fluid, it usually takes a tier or 2 to even get to a eeasonable point (or mythic+ spam now i guess)
Show me where your evidence is to support the claim that haste at 110 and 120 is the same relative to %. Its kind of hard to argue that's even true at all with the GCD changes.
08/22/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Hòóligan
Show me where your evidence is to support the claim that haste at 110 and 120 is the same relative to %. Its kind of hard to argue that's even true at all with the GCD changes.

You seem to not understand the GCD changes

Haste was tuned down (not it's effect) so that more haste rating = less haste %

And abilities were added to the GCD (pretty much every movement and dps cd at first, they have tweaked it abit)

The GCD itself was not altered
And even if you could get enough haste rating to the .75 GCD the intent (to knock out stacking CDs) appears to have mostly worked
It also gives players the chance to actually react to bursts and not just lose most of their health (or in some cases just straight die)

The issue that is causing people to feel the GCD change as they do is purely the sudden lack of haste mitigating it like we did when we were decently geared at 110 and the sudden spike in rating needed to get 1% haste

The ADVANTAGE to this however is that haste in most cases isn't now worlds better for your dps to a certain threshold anymore
It merely irons out a feel
But in many cases it is about equal..or less of a dps gain than going with a different secondary
I swear to god this is not a bait or troll..

What is the problem if we all start with 30% haste? how could this be a game breaking for anything?

Why do we need to feel super super SLOWWWW in-order to play the game?

Sometimes i don't even understand the speed... like whenever i get 20% buff speed the game feels like more enjoyable and amazing... and i don't think it's game breaking.
When prepatch hit I was honestly ready to quit. Having 8 110s and having gotten so used to the immense power from the artifact and the rapid fire gameplay...

This is ironic considering the plethora of whiner threads during Legion about how it was the worst system ever, how WoW was dead, and how the artifact system was a joke and the classes were all pruned to the ground.
08/20/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Astya
I'm at 12% haste at 119 (and I know I'll lose more) and it feels like it takes 10 years between Penance ticks. I can microwave a bowl of popcorn while waiting for Smite to finish casting. :/

Your hyperbole is tastefully humourous.