Ele is not bad

Shaman
The only thing BfA ele sham is good for so far is to make me play Enhance.

Spells take forever to cast, dmg is waaaaaay lower than resto’s LvB and LB, mastery below 40% is a joke and you barely get enough Maelstrom for ES or EQ in open world situations unless you aggro a bunch of stuff with Earth Elly.

And the nail in the coffin award goes to... (drum rolls)... 6s cd on FS! Woot.
08/23/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Gnomerang
grats u top 1 1/2 min boss fights.

I actually luld comparing ele shaman to wotlk. In wotlk 2 lava bursts killed anyone, in bfa 20 lava bursts kills.

also lol at people posting screenshots of non 120 shamans.

Amen to that brother. I played ele sham in wrath and I would top charts in every positive metric on a regular basis. I didn't have addons, macros, special keybinds and I backpedaled to boot.

Despite having an optimized setup today, ele feels extremely weak. I spend my time mostly spamming frost shock, flame shock, insta-LVB, and kiting in ghost wolf since hard casting is almost never an option with melee training me.

I only feel useful when the rogues are focusing me instead of our healers.
08/23/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Bootystalker
Just because a bg let you free cast chain lightning all day and eat earth q and shocks doesn't mean the class is good in over all pvp situation lol.. you guys are basically pve rotation trash mobs in bgs. So moronic for you to think that means class is ok. Hurr da durr

lmao class is pretty much dog!@#$ and has nothing over a mage in pvp, at least in wotlk it had that insane 2 hit lava burst anyone but lacked mobility compared to a mage. Now it's completely lack mobility and do dog%^-* dmg.
A few of yall need to understand that no one gives a rats !@# about MMO PvP in 2018.

Play a game actually designed around PvP, not one that has had gargantuan problems it's entire life because it's a questing and dungeon game with a largely untuned vs. mode.
08/24/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Prisse
A few of yall need to understand that no one gives a rats !@# about MMO PvP in 2018.

Play a game actually designed around PvP, not one that has had gargantuan problems it's entire life because it's a questing and dungeon game with a largely untuned vs. mode.
I'll bet you make friends easily.
Okay so I'm 120 now and I have a few more things to say.

Ele is pretty terrible not going to lie. Full 180.

In pve I am gimp without my primal elementals. I am consistently out dpsed on TRASH and I am supposed to shine in AOE encounters, yet I am barely competitive. Sure, trash doesn't matter but when the objective is to kill mobs faster to get to the loot, isn't it better if I do well on trash?

If focused, I am a sitting duck in pvp. I don't know why I am hit so hard by melee, but I have yet to win a 1v1 against any melee, any spec, and that's embarrassing. I am a good enough player, but I do not have the tools to offensively defend myself and that is pretty frustrating. I have noticed people blatantly ignore me sometimes, and that usually happens on my plates(pal,dk,war) because I'm harder to kill, but imagine my shock realizing that people are not targeting me sometimes because I am so USELESS I am low priority, even if it's a free kill for them.

Ele does need a buff, and some serious utility overhauls.

HOWEVER, THIS CLASS IS STILL FUN TO PLAY.

Not as fun as it could be. Some mechanics about this spec simply don't work. IE, it is pointless to even cast my lava if I don't have flameshock up, meaning I'm just waiting, or I do bad dps. How about 4 frostshocks in a row? Why? Why not a slow debuff and a boost to elemental dmg?

Out of all the talents in my toolset, I think Skyfury totem is my best skill and that is an offensive pvp skill that benefits my team more than it benefits me.

Maybe I like the torture, but the fun of elemental is pretty much what I play wow for. Warrior used to be my other main, but they took away different stances and I stopped playing..It seems like the game used to have so many more options and iconic spells that have just been pruned and removed, and I resent that. I miss my old totems. I miss my MOP ele.

Please don't make me stop playing ele too, Blizz :<
08/31/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Plasmos

Well, at least you had the kohonas to come back and admit you made a mistake.
Started leveling up my Shammy from legion up yesterday. Thought I would give ele a try.

Took me about 30 mins before going back to enhance.

It was like playing my BM hunter. Except I had to stand still alot, didn't have a pet to love, had worse healing, and did less damage.
In PVE ele is fine damage wise.
09/01/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Akston

Yo. Ele shaman may suck at leveling, bg's ,and world quests. But who wants to do any of that anyway. I just sit in my legion class hall, freecasting on the training dummy. I agree ele is fine.
08/31/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Plasmos

This made me laugh at loud. Wait until you get some gear my friend (haven't checked to see if you got any) and your opinion might be a little more neutral.

I have my problems with Ele right now, but its still fun and has great potential in what I want out of the class as a WoW player Pvper.
I don't think its mechanically in the best spot right now, and when I say mechanically I mean the method that we do damage, move, and control multiple targets (rip Earthgrab.) Get some gear then check back in with us, im curious to see how you feel.
i did 14k st on a mythic boss last night.
So far playing my ele shaman , they are at 336 ilvl lvl 18 neck etc. It is my alt currently, i feel like the class needs a better way to gain maelstrom since everything seems to be about earth shock now. On the short 1min 30 second boss fights ele does pretty well with primal ele. On trash if you take magma totem and the stormkeeper like talent aoe works to an extent but its all 1 min cds. In open world i'd build a ghost wolf regen set so you can escape. I've actually won a few 1 v 1 but those were vs warlocks , dk , demon hunter , and probaby the easiest was a ww monk. In short the class works depending on how fast you can earth shock unfortunately atleast with the gear i have on my shaman. Enhance is pretty strong in some cases, it can handle it self pretty well 1 v 1 and hits like a truck in small bursts. Aoe isn't terrible either. I believe i average around 10k , sometimes more depending on sunder crits.
09/01/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Drularon
09/01/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Akston

Yo. Ele shaman may suck at leveling, bg's ,and world quests. But who wants to do any of that anyway. I just sit in my legion class hall, freecasting on the training dummy. I agree ele is fine.

Ele sucks at leveling and wqs?

No one told me this. I had no issue leveling. I have no issues doing wqs. When are they supposed to get hard?
09/01/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Akston
When are they supposed to get hard?

They're not, and they don't. Of course there won't be issues, it's not challenging content. It isn't meant to be, and never will be.

But relative to most other specs it's pretty slow (at the very least, my Havoc, Enh, Ret, Fury, Mage were all considerably easier/faster)

Whether or not that really matters for unchallenging content, that's up to you I guess, but it is "bad" at them, if you look at most other specs.
Ele is good anyone who says otherwise is bad.
09/01/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Kiby

I think we should instead of assuming everyone is just a !@#$ dumb %^- moron look at the problem most people are bringing up: is it enjoyable?
09/01/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Brà
09/01/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Kiby

I think we should instead of assuming everyone is just a !@#$ dumb %^- moron look at the problem most people are bringing up: is it enjoyable?

Yes it is enjoyable play a different class
its fine for dungeons and im having fun playing it but thats about it.world quests and pvp is where it sucks.

that flame shock cd has to go.
09/01/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Kiby
Yes it is enjoyable play a different class

This is a stupid response.