Warbringers: Azshara

General Discussion
Jaina... meet your match.

Have fun with that.
I kinda want Azshara to wreck everybody.
08/24/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Midlight

This
08/24/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Midlight

Agreed. At the very least, I don't want her to be killed off. I think it'd be good to have a villain that may not always be the main threat but is slippery enough that we can't ever quite deal with them; a constant presence in a field of dead world enders. Azshara is well positioned to fill that role, in my opinion.
That wouldn't be a match though that would be Azshara teaching a wannabe how it's done.
Yeah, true... Jaina would absolutely be out of here league here. It wouldn't even be close tbh.

But seriously, I'm telling ya... what I've been saying all along looks more and more like I'm right.

Sylvanas will eventually be vindicated for burning Teldrassil and it'll be related to the Old Gods somehow. We're going to lure them out of hiding and smack em in the peepee.
After her traumatizing break up with Sargeras, Ashzara sets out to travel the sea in search of new love!
08/24/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Viji
After her traumatizing break up with Sargeras, Ashzara sets out to travel the sea in search of new love!

There are plenty of... oh, I'm not even gonna go there.

That's way too low hanging of a fruit even for me.
Are you just salty Jaina is a powerful mage, she is Alliance, and Horde got no demonstrated equivalent?

I don't really get the point of this post. A lot of old villains match and surpass Jaina in power lvls. Old and new villains. Elisande already seemed powerful with her time spells that outmatch, and she isn't even a final boss of a raid.

Seems like a really salty belf.
Calling it now. Azshara and Nzoth beat us at the end of this xpac and Azeroth is corrupted by the old gods. Next xpac is the next Cataclysm with us being in Azeroth version 3.0 with tentacle monsters everywhere.
08/24/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Eldraf
I don't really get the point of this post. A lot of old villains match and surpass Jaina in power lvls. Old and new villains.

Point of the post, perhaps its because a new force just entered BFA???? Just maybe it could be that, you salty nelf..........
Are you just salty Jaina is a powerful mage, she is Alliance, and Horde got no demonstrated equivalent?

I don't really get the point of this post. A lot of old villains match and surpass Jaina in power lvls. Old and new villains. Elisande already seemed powerful with her time spells that outmatch, and she isn't even a final boss of a raid.

Seems like a really salty belf.

Are you saying there's some kind of Alliance bias or something? I'm not worried about it. The scales will be made even, don't worry. ;)

08/24/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Economissed
Calling it now. Azshara and Nzoth beat us at the end of this xpac and Azeroth is corrupted by the old gods. Next xpac is the next Cataclysm with us being in Azeroth version 3.0 with tentacle monsters everywhere.

I feel that might be a strong possibility, but I find the prospect of tentacle monsters everywhere quite... unsavory.

As for finding Azshara a suitable significant other... it's just a shame we left the only Golden Eye'd Night Elf back with the Titans to finish off Sargeras. He'd actually be quite a match for Azshara. Heck he might even be the only one strong enough to oppose her one on one at this point.
08/24/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Hesttia
I don't really get the point of this post. A lot of old villains match and surpass Jaina in power lvls. Old and new villains.

Point of the post, perhaps its because a new force just entered BFA???? Just maybe it could be that, you salty nelf..........

perhaps you didn't read enough crying posts about "Blizzard didn't give Horde any strong characters", before white knighting for pointless threads.

Because there is really no point in it. Is Jaina and Azshara supposed to be some sort of arc nemesis to each other where they will duke it out 1vs1 to determine the "top mage" position????
08/24/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Gaidenrah
Sylvanas will eventually be vindicated for burning Teldrassil and it'll be related to the Old Gods somehow. We're going to lure them out of hiding and smack em in the peepee.

lmao

No, there was no “I do this to stop the Old Gods” in any material. No mention of it in-game, in the novellas, or in her Warbringers short.

All we got was;
Dying elf: I pity you.
Sylvie: “burn the TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.”

Holding the populace of Darnassus was a good plan even without the edgelord “I BREAK THEIR HOPE KILL THEIR LEADERS” crap mixed in. Burning the tree because “I BREAK THEIR HOPE” was stupid. The only way to justify “redemption” for Sylvanas now is a sacrifice of the heroic variety.
Yeah, true... Jaina would absolutely be out of here league here. It wouldn't even be close tbh.

But seriously, I'm telling ya... what I've been saying all along looks more and more like I'm right.

I was so spot on about you OP lol.
I impressed even myself.
08/24/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Gaidenrah

lmao

No, there was no “I do this to stop the Old Gods” in any material. No mention of it in-game, in the novellas, or in her Warbringers short.

All we got was;
Dying elf: I pity you.
Sylvie: “burn the TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.”

The only way to justify “redemption” for Sylvanas is a sacrifice of the heroic variety.

Oh, I never said it'll be vindication on the level that "she was thinking ahead"

I'm thinking vindication as in she did something that will have unintentionally good consequences for the whole of Azeroth. Maybe bad for the Night Elves temporarily, but they'll survive.

08/24/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Eldraf

perhaps you didn't read enough crying posts about "Blizzard didn't give Horde any strong characters", before white knighting for pointless threads.

Because there is really no point in it. Is Jaina and Azshara supposed to be some sort of arc nemesis to each other where they will duke it out 1vs1 to determine the "top mage" position????

See, I think you were thinking about those threads way too much when you replied, because I wasn't thinking about anything like that at all. People just think Jaina is superwoman or something, and I'm saying that Azshara is powerful enough to take her down a peg or two. Maybe three.
08/24/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Eldraf

I was so spot on about you OP lol.
I impressed even myself.

Well, okay whatever you say I guess lol.

Whatever makes you happy, honey :)
On the other hand, Azshara is essentially a sea monster now and Jaina has a magic fishing boat. I feel good about Jaina's odds.
All I'm seeing from this thread is somebody who just assumes that people actually self-identify with the fictional faction of their fictional toon and that they must have hurt feelings about...I'm not sure what...but they must be salty about it. Failing to realize that it is clear they are the only one in the entire thread that seems to be salty. Everybody else is just having a pleasant "What If?" conversation.

By the way, I don't care one bit about Azshara vs. Jaina. I want to see Azshara (with Sharas'dal) vs. Aegwynn (with a COMPLIANT Aluneth).
I'm really hoping Azshara isn't cleared out in 8.2 like they've said.

She deserves so much more than that.