Too many playing melee in BFA (just like Legion)

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 13 Next
08/26/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Drakulous
Melee just feel better. Coming from a lock main for the past 10 years melee now just feel better to play. It's no wonder people go with melee classes.

Leveling my lock from 110-120 felt boring as hell but this warrior was fun the whole time. I have a tank option even though it's about the worst one in the game....but I CAN tank.

This.

Ranged just doesn't have that BOOM feeling anymore. Maybe I just grew out of it.
That's weird I see an insane amount of hunters and warlocks
I have always mained and leveled my warrior first. I will not change that today
Casters need to be able to cast some spells on the move again like they did during MoP.
08/25/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Orthane
Idk what happened honestly. Melee DPS used to not be so common messages like "No more mages" or "No more Hunters" used to be common place, now it's "no more Warriors" "No more Rogues" Did they just dumb down ranged classes so they're no longer fun or something? Getting into a Mythic Group as a Warrior DPS has been kinda tricky. Seems like there's an abundance of us now.
No, they just kept buffing melee, again and again. Now they faceroll in PVP, scale the best, and are easier to play in PVE. With the exception of feral and DK.
08/25/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Cognyack
Okay, let me give you the "starter experience" breakdown:

This character took ~20 hours to hit level 40. For 18 of those hours the Frost rotation has been Frostbolt/Ice Lance x 5 on average, per mob, for every mob for every quest. Get into multiple adds and get ready to stop and eat if you survive.

At level 7 on a Warrior you already have: Charge, Slam, Victory Rush, Execute and mobs die in about 3 hits which is noticeably faster. Great damage, excellent sustain.

In fact: 1-10 on this guy and several different hunters about 1 hour 30 minutes. 1-10 on warrior 1 hour 5 minutes because stuff dies faster with less down time.

Not to mention melee animations tend to look cooler and feel impactful.

The difference is so bad this guy is now my permanent level 40 Forum character.

Now fast forward that to 110+ for players not in Mythic Antorus gear and go figure.

Plus which: Rogues get to bypass combat via stealth and everyone else can tank and/or heal leaving Warlocks, Hunters, Mages out in the cold.

LUL Locks are far from our in the cold leveling. I have no idea where you get that from.
08/25/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Araxë
08/25/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Sneakykinz
I only invite 1 melee per 5 man group, so take that into consideration. Range classes are highly desirable.

Then why would playing as a tank be any benefit, EVERYONE can only invite one tank per group whereas most groups take multiple melee, and in fact many of the mythic groups I've been in have been all melee dps and it's fine.

This is 100% your problem. Instead of expecting the world to change to suit you maybe you should invite the people who queue for your group.

I don’t invite dps Warriors, DKs or paladins. They can learn to tank or die on the vine as far as I am concerned.
it's because of pvp - when you get kicked as a range, you are basically afk for 6 sec, which means you are basically dead. why would anyone want to play range in pvp?
08/25/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Azraia
That's because leveling as a ranged char is absolutely awful this expansion. Incorporating an unpredictable interrupt, or knockback, stun, etc, into what feels like every rare or mob pull is frustrating.

It isn't fun, especially not as ranged.

Blizzard did that to themselves.

What? I've been having a blast leveling my hunter and it's like my 5th alt or something that I do not play a lot.

I dunno.. I've had the most fun in leveling with my hunter than anything else in BFA so far.
08/26/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Monsters
08/25/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Araxë

Then why would playing as a tank be any benefit, EVERYONE can only invite one tank per group whereas most groups take multiple melee, and in fact many of the mythic groups I've been in have been all melee dps and it's fine.

This is 100% your problem. Instead of expecting the world to change to suit you maybe you should invite the people who queue for your group.

I don’t invite dps Warriors, DKs or paladins. They can learn to tank or die on the vine as far as I am concerned.

Damn I actually just realized I do this too if maybe a bit subconciously. The only melee I really bring is rogue for the group utility.
I only play tank to fill my groups quick. I'm mainspec healer, it's definitely a lot easier to find healers when pugging whether they are !@#$ or not you can kind if work around it (pull slower, off heal...etc).

These dungeons were built for m+, so they require interrupts and some clever mechanics when dealing with trash. Melee can interrupt more often, mages can spell steal buffs,some classes can buff and then when it comes to pugging you don't know what you're going to get. If they don't know what you're they'll be poop regardless or being OP melee or range.

Don't feel discouraged when you only get melee in queue. Who knows one of them might be a decent player that will carry. It doesn't matter too much for m0's plus you could always get a non pally other monk healer that's considered range.
Melee classes sim higher right now then most range it’s expected till blizz buffs the range classes
08/25/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Sneakykinz
Sometimes I have to wonder, do people know that if you're playing a class like Paladin/Warrior/Death Knight/Monk/Druid/Demon Hunter and you're playing as melee instead of tank, your odds to get chosen for an invite are incredibly low?

Oh yes because no DPS player ever realized there wa sa difference in que times
This is what happens when you make all ranged classes into immobile turrets and then give them tons of mechanics that minke them move. Turns out not many people enjoy that play style.
-quietly- I'm.. I'm leveling soon..
I refuse to change from balance druid as I've been one since Burning Crusade, but I can say this if it weren't for my self heals this boom chicken would be corpse running a hell of a lot.
Leveled a warrior this xpac and my god I don't have to think about anything. Why bother with getting interrupted when all your damage can be instant. Easy game
Melee are much more flexible.

They need to reduce casting time and/or give casters more tools to cast while moving.
08/25/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Hartric
I get to stand and cast while getting whaled on with a bonus possibility of being interrupted while using my 1 spell that does real damage.

I play melee all my stuff is instant. And I can handle incoming damage better.

Blizzard needs to rethink the whole caster thing.

^This.

The only game I play that makes casters not be able to cast on the move is this game. And casters are almost all cloth wearers so they have the least protection. The few times I did go into a dungeon or raid I spent more than half my time moving out of bad on the floor, I couldn't hardly ever get a chance to get more than one spell off before I had to move again.

Now add in that for the past three expansions blizz has seen fit to pack mobs tight in the open world and a caster has a rough time of it. Why would anyone want to play that? I don't. I just took this toon Guardian and if they'd do something about Feral's atrocious energy regin I'd go back Feral.

As it is now all of my casters are parked for the expansion, the only one I may take out is my Warlock because he has a tank in the blueberry to help keep everything from running up into his face.
that's because equal gear - a warrior or pally or dk or monk will do anywhere from 500-1000 more damage per second to a caster. plus with haste not scaling so hot, caster times are getting longer so ranged gets less casts in per minute, while ranged have mostly instant attacks and swings. so the GCD doesn't impact them nearly as much