Would you rather every class get a 4th spec or to get a new Mail wearing class.

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I personally lean toward the 4th spec for every class, but what do you guys think?

Example for Rogues we can get a ranged spec; so people can actually play sneaky archer or we could get "hero" specs SO Rogue would get something similar to the Warden's.
New caster class. Don't care what armor type it wears. We haven't gotten a new ranged class since Vanilla.
08/25/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Kalorein
New caster class. Don't care what armor type it wears. We haven't gotten a new ranged class since Vanilla.

This. Dont care what it wears. Could wear plate for ill give a crap. But must be a caster.
Yes, this game needs a new caster class or at least another hyper hybrid like Druid with all four types of specs.
Neither.
4 th spec 100%

Current mail classes could see an increase in users if a fourth spec attached them
Shamans should tank.

And I don't play shaman.

#unpopularopinions
Plate-wearing pet-based caster with a tank spec (the pet tanks, but you have to actively control it)
I'd be leaning towards a 4th, Mail wearing caster.

There was a rash of posts asking for a "void paladin" which would be an abominable thing to do to Paladins... but a class that allowed people who want something like this could exist and not be objectionable (just, wrecking Paladins for something like this is my problem).

That, and also requests for Battle Mages. A class like this could cover both requested classes, I think.
08/25/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Kurgaz
Shamans should tank.

And I don't play shaman.

#unpopularopinions

I can get behind that.

Some sort of Rock or Boulder theme. Like instead of having the Earth Elemental as a pet it's a defensive cooldown and you wear it like armor. Or you turn into some sort of Earth ascendant.

I think more specs are good idea in the current state of the game where they seem hell-bent on getting progress behind rep. To me it discourages alts and there needs to be more meaning behind sticking with a single character.
New class needs to be ranged, maybe a Witch Doctor.
08/25/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Kalorein

This or more classes that don't have a Ranged spec at the moment getting a Ranged spec.

Ranged classes make up only 6 classes while Melee make up 9. The balancing was fine in Vanilla (6:6) but now it's so out of whack for Ranged.

I also want to see a new Ranged+Tank class since Druid is currently the only class capable of having both of those options.
I vote new cloth class or the very least non melee.
Most definitely a 4th spec for every class, (or atleast, most classes if some don't need them.)

It'd be way more than a new class, since the possibilities are endless. Warriors could get a Gladiator, a DPS sword and shield spec.
Priests could get a Light/Holy themed DPS spec. Mage could get a 1H sword spec. Shaman could get a tank spec. Hunter could get old ranged Survival spec, (with Poisons, Black Arrow, and Snake Trap). Demon Hunters could finally get a third spec, as ranged DPS. Rogue could get a full on Gunslinger spec, etc.
08/25/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Kurgaz
Shamans should tank.

And I don't play shaman.

#unpopularopinions

Not an unpopular opinion at all
They need to add whatever that npc guy is on the island expeditions that drops tons of turrets and rides the mechanostrider. Call it an engineer class or whatever.

I would main that dude in a heartbeat.

Could have dps spec, tank spec on that mechanostrider and a heal spec with healing turrets.
The game needs another ranged class, doesn't have to be a caster but it needs ranged. The game also needs another mail class since there are only 2 mail, 3 of cloth and plate and a staggering 4 leather.

Seems like the obvious choice is some mail wearing ranged class.
For them to fix the classes we have right now instead of adding more.
Sorry, but Tinkerer class, would wear mail. A range spec that uses guns, turrets, bombs, landmines. Healer spec shoots healing darts or puts up healing fields, and tank spec that uses Mech suit. Dwarf, gnome, and Draeni, forsaken, goblin, and bloodelfs. Yes it been talked about already.
A tank or healing spec for hunters, rogues, warlocks, and mages would be nice. People cry about DPS que times. Well... at least I know I do, when I play those 4 classes. I would gladly que as a tank or healer IF IT WAS A DAMN OPTION!!!!

Don't even really need to add a new spec to each of them either, no class needs 3 DPS specs to it anymore. SV hunters could easily be turned into a tank. I think rogue's outlaw could be scrapped already, just turn that into a Bard (aka healer, (can easily keep the same weapons)) the RNG dice could still play a huge part in that, I think would be pretty fun myself. Warlocks used to be able to ghetto tank back int he day with metamorphosis. No reason they couldn't bring that back as an option. Mage, maybe some sort of blood mage? Kind of a play on Blood Priests from Vanguard, which was hands down one of the best healer classes i've ever played in a MMO.