If you have a bounty - hearth should go on cd

War Mode and World PvP
I noticed there's this trend of players trashing on people leveling - getting a bounty and then just hearthing/porting away.

I think one of the penalties for getting a bounty should be a cd on hearth/port abilities.
No, if anything they should be encouraging people to stay as a bounty.

Why should anyone playing the game as intended be penalized?
08/18/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Ricros

This. Nobody should be punished for playing in War Mode. Having some sort of bonus or incentive to remain as a Bounty would be good - the quest to gain the Alliance/Horde Slayer Titles requires you to kill 10 Alliance while being marked, you should get a reward for x amount of time you remain alive.

Of course, on the sideline, this probably wouldn't work because people could just form raids and defend themselves constantly. In a perfect world, it'd be good and unabuseable. Perhaps a cooldown on it, or based on kills you receive? Hard to say.

It's a good way of killing annoying rogues camping places. Sorry people can finally kill you before you vanish until all your cooldowns are up.
08/18/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Kwizzlix

It's a good way of killing annoying rogues camping places. Sorry people can finally kill you before you vanish until all your cooldowns are up.

I don't see what that has to do with the suggestion as put forth by the OP but okay.

Were you getting camped by a rogue or something? Is that why you are here on the forums?
08/18/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Xaatrisa
I noticed there's this trend of players trashing on people leveling - getting a bounty and then just hearthing/porting away.

I think one of the penalties for getting a bounty should be a cd on hearth/port abilities.

Then the next logical step is that they shouldn't be allowed to log out, right? Don't be ridiculous.
08/18/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Vaelinel

This. Nobody should be punished for playing in War Mode.

Being unable to fly is kind of a punishment, though, so clearly Blizzard isn't avoiding punishing people.

Personally I think the whole assassin/bounty system is kind of hokey, but I think the idea is to either get the ganking rogues out of the zone - logging out and hearthing both accomplish that - or force them to fight by being unable to fly. The unable to fly thing is still kind of immersion breaking, though.

Well that's what I'm saying - they should have to stick around.
You are penalised as an Assassin because you get tracked on the map and you've lost the element of surprise. You are just a sitting duck for massive groups converging on your position (especially if you are on the side greatly outnumbered). Better fun to make the other side run around in circles and then leaving the area. :p

Why would Assassins stay on the map to reward the other faction? The design is ridiculous.

The only reason to stick around is for the slayer title. After that there is no reward for the Assassin. The damage/healing+ is negligible because of scaling and most fights in open world PVP is about greater numbers, team composition, or quick ambushes.
08/18/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Xaatrisa

Well that's what I'm saying - they should have to stick around.

Penalizing someone for getting a bounty isn't going to make them want to stick around.

Offering rewards for someone who manages to stay alive as a bounty is a way of encouraging people to stay. Something along the lines of for every 5 kills you get as a bounty you get x amount of honor or a chance at a piece of gear sounds reasonable to me.

You currently get nothing as a bounty. You just become a target for massive groups to lock on to your location. You also can't fly as a bounty where as everyone else can. Adding penalties on top of that will discourage people from wanting to stay as a bounty.
I think Yarrow said it best. It doesn't appear that gaining an assassin/bounty status was supposed to be something sought after and rewarded, rather it was intended to be a negative effect of those players controlling zones with WPVP. If the assassin leaves, mission accomplished. If they decide to stay and stand their ground, the person/group who killed the assassin are rewarded for their deeds. I think it's working as intended.
08/19/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Silenced
I think Yarrow said it best. It doesn't appear that gaining an assassin/bounty status was supposed to be something sought after and rewarded, rather it was intended to be a negative effect of those players controlling zones with WPVP. If the assassin leaves, mission accomplished. If they decide to stay and stand their ground, the person/group who killed the assassin are rewarded for their deeds. I think it's working as intended.

The person bountied becomes a loot pinata. Even if it was intended to be a negative debuff, the design of it is ridiculous.

People will just log out to get rid of their bounty debuff since there's no reward for it for themselves. It isn't really a win either for the enemy faction if they log out, they still maintain their Assassin buff that grants 15%+ damage/healing.

Since they have the option to just log out and get rid of their bounty buff, this breaks immersion and makes being a bounty pointless, (especially after getting the title) and it destroys this bounty system. Blizzard can't just disable people from being able to hearth or log out too, so the only reasonable solution would be to give incentive to staying a bounty.

As Ricros said above, a great incentive would be to make it so that for every 5 kills as a bounty, you get increased honor and a chance at gear, from kills.