State of world PVP is in a bad place

War Mode and World PvP
I'm not one to really complain about class balance, world PvP is almost impossible to tune well since those changes would have to be carried over into arena/rated pvp, where those changes wouldn't fit well.

But current world PVP class balance is absolutely terrible. I'm not the best warlock out there, but I'm not that bad, and I rarely win a 1vs1 against a non-caster. it is very frustrating to play solo in war mode if you're not a melee DPS, hunter, or disc priest right now. I don't feel I should have to turn war mode off because of class imbalance.
08/19/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Ackthal
it is very frustrating to play solo in war mode if you're not a melee DPS, hunter, or disc priest right now. I don't feel I should have to turn war mode off because of class imbalance.
Don't look at weakness 1vs1 as a flaw, think about it as an opportunity to find new ways to use the tools you have. Don't get me wrong, it's annoying that warlock takes a lot more preparation than other classes, but the tools warlocks have are amazing: teleporting up on top of the terraces of Vul'dun, or up out of the pools in Troll city, leaving melee at your mercy.

Or bring friends! Friends always make things better.

I know warlocks took a huge hit, and it's not great at all, but if you give up you'll never get the chance to defeat your enemies.
if you aren't a rogue, druid or disc priest in wpvp good luck
If you're a non frost mage caster, you need to team up with people. By yourself you are a free kill for melee.
Locks are very very weak at the moment from a PvP standpoint.
08/19/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Maevara
if you aren't a rogue, druid or disc priest in wpvp good luck

Haha says a pally, you should really try ret, it is very good. Fighting a decent ret is a satisfying kill or a loss i dont feel so bad about.
It feels nice....when people actually participate in it. Too often people just ride off or completely ignore the other faction.

I will say though that disc priests are just retarded in PvP, they need a nerf. I've yet to have an issue fighting the other 2 mentioned but disc priest I might as well either run or take my hands off the keyboard.
Doesn't feel great. It's fine for going out with friends and guildies to cause trouble, but the flip side of defending, retaliation or responding to trouble is out of the player's hands with most options even with the best of intentions, leading to a retreat from engagement.

Warmode just feels bad when you are facing a group of the opposing faction. You attempt to garner support from local defense or from your guild, but there are hours where that's not possible.

So you reach out to join or start a group to gather enough allies to take on the enemy only to find instead that your shard has moved. It's not even that you've joined a group that is larger, it was just one or two other players. So instead of facing the enemy, you've inadvertently server hopped. The challenge that you were intent on facing head on in a manner befitting PvP is gone and there's no reliable manner of getting back to whatever server/shard you were on previously.

The shards for warmode need to be bigger and more reliably stable, such that yes a horde on Burning Blade will see an alliance from Stormrage on Monday at midnight and there's a more than likely chance they could meet again on a Friday evening.

There are plenty of situations where I know the shard is fine when 20 people are from multiple different servers, but then you get that one guy from way off and it's suddenly chunking itself. So there's a lot of unexposed technical problems, I get that, but they are critical in allowing for adequate escalation and response.