Over-110s can't access Legion LFR

Customer Support
I ignorantly let my DH get to level 111 while working my way through Suramar. I find that this locks me out of all Legion LFR content. Why am I being punished for leveling my character through questing? I'm not a raider by habit, I find raids crowded and rushed and confusing with complicated mechanics that I mess up and get everyone mad at me--I'd rather just get the "mandatory" raids out of the way at the easiest setting possible.

I'm a relatively new player--I started Legion in the last few months and am maybe half way through the content--finished the 5 regional questlines, still doing Broken Shore, just started Argus, still grinding WQs and rep so I can unlock allied races and flying for my alts. (This character won't care by the time flying is unlocked because he'll have been and done everything Legion has to offer by that point--the Pathfinder achievements to unlock flying are a great way to totally burn out a player on an expansion). I had no idea that going over the level cap for an expansion would be punitively bad.

So I still have a lot of playtime in Legion. Why does Blizzard punish players who are just playing naturally for not having rushed the content and moved on to the next cool thing? I can't access Legion LFRs. Random green BOP drops require 111th level, but with beginner 110 stats, so are vendor/disenchanting trash, instead of being salable on AH or useful for future alts. My Legion Companion app no longer lets me manage my Class Hall; I now have to make the trek to my Class Hall every time I want to buy troops, finish a mission, start a mission or do any of the things I used to do through the app. And, I look forward to all my alts having to do the same in the future. Boy, does that cool my ardor for the Class Hall campaign!

If the same pattern holds, all the goodies for BfA will be disabled by the time I get to its content. (Mage Tower Challenge artifact appearance? What's that? I'll never know.)

Please make some method for a 111 still doing Legion content to access Legion LFRs. It's not like I can solo Legion raids or even dungeons.
Marked As Solution
You can still put your own group together or look in the pre-made section of the group finder to either start your own or see if someone else has.

You'll need to actually go to the raid/dungeon though if you want to get in.

It's been like this since the LFG tool came out. If you'd like to see it changed, you'll want to post in the Dungeons and Raids forum or use the in-game suggestion feature.
08/21/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Perl
You can still put your own group together or look in the pre-made section of the group finder to either start your own or see if someone else has.

You'll need to actually go to the raid/dungeon though if you want to get in.

It's been like this since the LFG tool came out. If you'd like to see it changed, you'll want to post in the Dungeons and Raids forum or use the in-game suggestion feature.

I'd just also add I have see many people looking to do this content over 110, so maybe post that you are listing a group in GD, your realm forum, or in one of the city chat channels in Dalaran and it may help get a group together faster for you.

Go get your Heart of Azeroth and a piece or two of the HoA gear leveled up a tier or 2 & you should be able to run the raids with less than 20 people on normal - probably even 10 or so.
I'm in the same boat. Never should have purchased BOA, since I was on the verge of opening the last two story lines in Suramar. Before BOA came out, me and a friend completed the Raid - Rift of Aln, (The Emerald Nightmare: The Stuff of Dreams). It was considered an account wide accomplishment which didn't need to be repeated on every character. It was at that point, I chose my best geared toon (different than the one which completed the raid) to begin the long and time consuming process of knocking out all the story lines in Suramar.

Flash forward 6 weeks later and down to the last two story lines, it now wants me to do the same raid in order to begin the story line - A Growing Crisis.

While questing in the new content on this character, I would be stay in queue for the raid, often waiting 3 to 5 hours w/o success. Eventually the worst case scenario occurred. I'm now level 111 and can no longer queue for any Legion raid.

Why did they change this from an account wide accomplishment before BOA to an account specific requirement? Had I known they were going to change the rules, I would have queued on this character long ago and ran it a second time.
Super frustrating. Pathfinder made me unsub in WoD after 7 years of subbing...been re subbed for 20 days and mostly enjoying it. Figured i would bite the bullet and just do pathfinder for Legion and BFA and get it out of the way for my alts..now i have over levelled and can't queue for the Legion stuff. Pathfinder wins again, and after one month in, I am done. I didn't do any research prior to buying the xpac or resubbing, so my fault, but I really assumed they would have removed this nonsense by now..at the very least for legacy content.

I really don't need to fly at 120, as all I care about is Raids/5 mans/arena's but it helps get my many alts through all the drudgery I really, really dislike (75% of the game) unfortunately I really do enjoy the other 25% a lot, and enjoy having all my toons level capped.

/sigh Blizzard. This old man is going back to his consoles.
09/26/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Protistant
Figured i would bite the bullet and just do pathfinder for Legion and BFA and get it out of the way for my alts..

Once you get to 120, and geared, you should be able to go back and solo these requirements for Legion, you can also set up a group finder via legacy raids and dungeons. Not being able to do them by LFR/LFD won’t stop you from completing the quests and achievements, it may require a little travel to get there.