Buff tanks PLEASE

General Discussion
This is ridiculous. 10 minute queues for a dungeon as a HEALER. The only role that is keeping people from getting groups is the shortage of tanks.

Not sure what needs to be done, but nobody wants to tank anymore
"We need more tanks in pugs" is a loop. Most loops won't break... because the reasons the loops form in the first place don't change. There's certainly been plenty of threads -from- tanks about certain problems with pugging... but the loop doesn't break.
Lack of power isn't what keeps people from tanking for pugs. Pugs themselves are the issue. I have tanked on and off since WotLK and the behavior of poor dpsers hasn't changed a bit in 10 years. Buffs or nerfs aside, no one wants to have to continuously deal with rude people that will pull for you but are seemingly always on the bottom of the DPS meter.
If you want more tanks (or healers) then you need to make them as easy and as fun to play as DPS. That's the bottom line.
I agree with the other two, but I'd still like to see a buff come our way.

We get stream rolled in pvp, due to dps having a crap ton of CCs.

I would like to be a tank, doing tank stuff.

Not a walking billboard........ and I don't even advertise the good stuff.
Do you want Blizzard to start policing group behavior?

There are limited options Blizzard can do to fix the issue. Groups with bad behavior make it unpleasant to tank. Short of blizzard giving tanks some sort of aoe that causes all mobs to automatically focus on them while never killing them... the problem is always going to jerks making tanks not want to play.
Tanking is easy, but is made hard by DPS and even healers sometimes. I hate to say it, but you guys have made your own bed.. now it is time to sleep in it for a while.
I said before, and I will say it again:

The number one thing that ruined Warcraft was the development of the GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO attitude in dungeons.
Its dinner hour for a lot, maybe try another time.
08/21/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Flommincy
Its dinner hour for a lot, maybe try another time.

What?
Bring back Vengeance and I'll tank again. :)

Seriously, that was nice. Even if DPS were complete twatwaffles, you could ignore them because you were going to outdamage them anyways.

But yeah, throw me in with the I won't tank PuGs.

And this really sucks because even finding mythic groups as a healer sucks. I only ended up getting two done last week. Too many sit in wait for half an hour and then the group disbands.
The problem isn't tanks being underpowered. It's pug dps players being incompetent.

In pugs I'm always first or second on dps, have to try to interrupt everything myself, and there's always at least one impatient dps who pulls things and stands in the bad.

In my guild I'm always 3rd or 4th on dps, everything is interrupted, and the healer always has mana because I can wait for him/her to have mana and the dps aren't ignoring mechanics.

It's not a problem that will change as many dps players choose to dps solely because they're incapable of tanking or healing.

In Legion tanks were overpowered, but it's only made dps players feel less inclined to learn their role.
buff tank damage and/or self-sustain pls
legit makes me so sad to play tanks right now after all of their prior incarnations
08/21/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Korgg
It's pug dps players being incompetent.

Yes!
have to try to interrupt everything myself,

Preach!
and there's always at least one impatient dps who pulls things and stands in the bad.

This guy tanks.
Armchair diagnosis and theories ahoy, but...

1) I find you need to be a certain type of personality to tank, and to TANK. I noticed many people have social anxiety in this game.

2) People would rather eat fire than run pugs as tanks.
08/21/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Etch
Armchair diagnosis and theories ahoy, but...

1) I find you need to be a certain type of personality to tank, and to TANK. I noticed many people have social anxiety in this game.

2) People would rather eat fire than run pugs as tanks.

Honestly I think this is the consequences of Legion. When I tanked last expansion I got a lot, I mean a LOT of people going:

"LOL I DON'T EVEN NEED A TANK. I CAN DPS THIS WHOLE PLACE BY MYSELF."

That kind of "Screw the tank" attitude has remained.
08/21/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Myracle
Not sure what needs to be done, but nobody wants to tank anymore

I'd rather stay in the queue for an hour or two instead of tank or heal. Just got tired of dealing with the community and its attitudes. As a DPS, I don't have to do anything except attack mobs and move out of the fire. Before cross-realm everything, anonymous queues and character services, you had to account for your behavior or lose out. Now you can be Jerk A and have a new identity in less than an hour.

Usually, I just wait until I can solo the dungeons. I don't need to run them that desparately since I don't care about end game content anymore. I don't foresee Blizzard every fixing the issue. The amount of enticement needed causes people to complain about favoritism.
I wont tank pugs because I know I can DPS them faster.
08/21/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Rheonx
I said before, and I will say it again:

The number one thing that ruined Warcraft was the development of the GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO attitude in dungeons.

Totally agree with you.
I hate rushed runs, but hey, Blizz keeps making timed, rushed runs a thing in game. They progressively made those a major part of the game. As long as Mythic+ are the thing, it keeps enabling the GoGoGo attitudes, and it will be regarded as the dungeon norm.
Why play a tank when raiding guilds all have theirs?