Firewall Suggestions

Games, Gaming and Hardware
I currently pay for Avast and my license is up in a few days, so I thought I'd just ask what does everyone else use on their computers? I'm looking for suggestions for a switch (I really have no complaints with Avast), or if Avast is still a good choice. Thanks for your insights!
Why not use the native Windoze firewall? If you have a home router, you might have a built in firewall on that already.
i got kinda interested i thought someone was looking for a piece of hardware (because games gaming and hardware). i was about to nerd out about pfsense or maybe some cisco stuff. guess i was wrong lol
08/27/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Mephalá
i got kinda interested i thought someone was looking for a piece of hardware (because games gaming and hardware). i was about to nerd out about pfsense or maybe some cisco stuff. guess i was wrong lol

Yeah, I'm having flashbacks of people recommending Zone Alarm.
I saw firewall and the word "switch" and I thought the OP was setting up a LAN with a hardware firewall

the firewall built in windows is pretty good as is MS default security suite as long as you don't do stupid stuff. If you want something "better" I recommend bit defender free for security along with malware bytes
I actually purchased a nice higher end router and then just hardened it using my own IT experience (my job) and reading a lot online and finally experimenting with all its features.

Took a while and i broke my home network a couple times but its all good now.

Learned a lot actually which was cool.