Lich King 2

General Discussion
I keep thinking in the back of my mind that blizzard has a secret "second Lich King expansion button" that they will press just in case Subs hit rock bottom.

I haven't heard anything about or from Bolvar since the beginning of legion.

Raising questions.

Edit: I mean it would be cool to have a new generation of death Knights!
Undoubtedly. We fought the legion twice. We'll fight the scourge twice i imagine. It's just hard to believe it won't be Arthas we're fighting.
I'm already salivating over what the reveal cinematic will look like.
From BFA, it looks like it's going to lead up to an Old God expansion. I think it would be nuts if the scourge gathered it's ranks to attack, only to start attacking the Void with us. An army of living and dead standing together to stop an ancient evil.
08/27/2018 03:55 AMPosted by Zigbar
From BFA, it looks like it's going to lead up to an Old God expansion. I think it would be nuts if the scourge gathered it's ranks to attack, only to start attacking the Void with us. An army of living and dead standing together to stop an ancient evil.

I think that would be incredibly cringeworthy. I'm already rather tired of the whole "enemy of my enemy is my friend" concept. As for it being an old god expansion, It isn't necessarily going to be one right after BFA. It's possible, But not guaranteed.
I don't think it will happen tbh... Although there is some interesting Fordragon stuff going on now that Taelia has been introduced into the game. But, I think in the end, the Lich King will fight with us against the void, not against us. It only makes sense, because the undead are "immune" to the void.

Something I'd like to see, that is related to the scourge, and which I think WILL happen, is an expansion centered on the Nerubians. It could lead into the black Empire/ old Gods stuff as well.
What do you think they're setting Sylvannas up for?
Bolvar will become the half-mad anti-hero that Arthas was meant to be.
I have a feeling that they are setting Sylvanas up to be booted from the Horde, whereupon she will go to the next possible place to get an army to use as her meatshield: the Helm of Domination atop Bolvar's head.

Though I somehow get the feeling that rather then deal with whatever Lich King personality is left in that helm she would break it and reforge it as replacement gauntlets. Allowing her to control the scourge without having to fight for control with the previous Lich Kings.
08/27/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Jaconinn
I think that would be incredibly cringeworthy. I'm already rather tired of the whole "enemy of my enemy is my friend" concept. As for it being an old god expansion, It isn't necessarily going to be one right after BFA. It's possible, But not guaranteed.
Why would Bolvar be our enemy? He hasn't actually done anything yet. We know the Lich King is enemies with the Legion, which is why he commanded his DKs to fight them with the living. The Lich King is enemies with the Void as well. So why wouldn't he be helping us? The scourge is a branch that broke off to become it's own force to do whatever it wants to do. Sorry, we already had the scourge expansion. It's time to do something different with them instead of rehashing old content.
08/27/2018 04:07 AMPosted by Andros

There is no Bolvar, there was no arthas, there is only Ner’zhul the lich king.

Both of them are really just husks for the lich king to occupy, nothing more.
08/27/2018 04:03 AMPosted by Kaizoku

She's already Arthas 2.0.
08/27/2018 04:27 AMPosted by Zelgardis

So it's he we have to worry about!

IIRC didn't Arthas kill Ner'zhul's spirit in that Rise of Arthas book? Because at the end the orc tells him to stab the child and so he does, and then he stabs the orc. So does that mean that Ner'zhul is dead or alive???
"haven't heard of bolvar since the beginning of legion"
minus Anduin telling Taelia (bolvar's daughter) how bolvar is a hero of his amiright?
08/27/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Dalrange
"haven't heard of bolvar since the beginning of legion"
minus Anduin telling Taelia (bolvar's daughter) how bolvar is a hero of his amiright?

What I meant was he wasn't fighting anything or any sort of activity of his

Except that Ner'zhul is a spirit occupying a body with another spirit in it. Lich King Arthas was a combination of Ner'zhul and Arthas. Without the helmet, he was being influenced through Frostmourne. Bolvar only has the helmet and is infused with dragon magic so... Lich King Bolvar could go either way.
WTB Jaina, the Lich Queen.
Calia Menethil will become a light based Lich Queen and bring everyone to the Light. Then Yrel will join her.
08/27/2018 04:41 AMPosted by Hutta
08/27/2018 04:03 AMPosted by Kaizoku

She's already Arthas 2.0.

Yeah but she'll be the major raid boss in this expansion, Genn will (against character) choose to spare her and put her on trial.

She'll go on trial before Da Loa of the island. Escape through really contrived circumstances and escape to Northrend where she'll unseat Bolvar and take the crown of the IRON SCOURGE!