Lich King 2

General Discussion
Dont expect Bolvar to be a cackling villian. Expect him to be an anti hero against a larger threat. Void lords?
08/27/2018 03:55 AMPosted by Zigbar
From BFA, it looks like it's going to lead up to an Old God expansion. I think it would be nuts if the scourge gathered it's ranks to attack, only to start attacking the Void with us. An army of living and dead standing together to stop an ancient evil.

From my time questing in Kul Tiras, it seems to me this expansion is already mostly about the influence of an old god with some peppering of faction tensions thrown in. So, I think this is an old God expansion and with Azshara as an upcoming raid boss (given what we know of her deal with N'Zoth) I think the real battle for Azeroth is not about faction dominance so much as the survival of the planet from the corruption of old gods, new gods, anyone else that would like to claim the power of the titan for themselves.
Sylvanas vs Bolvar, Lich Queen vs Lich King

/waves mini bolvar flag
I hope not, a Wrath 2.0 would be quite boring. I like fresh, adventurous! ♥
08/27/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Wiccan
I hope not, a Wrath 2.0 would be quite boring. I like fresh, adventurous! ♥

And you play WoW?
Just came here to say:

Ner'Zhul created the scourge because undead and those that dabble in necrotic magic are immune to Old God whispers and corruption. As is any person who has ever been resurrected.

Do with that what you will.
After playing my DK in Legion I have to say Bolvar has lost his freakin' mind. Lich King II incoming.
08/27/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Kaizoku
And you play WoW?
Indeed! ♥
08/27/2018 03:55 AMPosted by Zigbar
From BFA, it looks like it's going to lead up to an Old God expansion. I think it would be nuts if the scourge gathered it's ranks to attack, only to start attacking the Void with us. An army of living and dead standing together to stop an ancient evil.

Bro maybe you haven't played through the main questline yet but the old gods are already here.
Warbringer azhsara....

I think bfa is the old god expansion
08/27/2018 03:49 AMPosted by Xanatas
I keep thinking in the back of my mind that blizzard has a secret "second Lich King expansion button" that they will press just in case Subs hit rock bottom.

I haven't heard anything about or from Bolvar since the beginning of legion.

Raising questions.

Edit: I mean it would be cool to have a new generation of death Knights!

Just add World Quest on Northrend = Blizzard Expansion !
That reminds me. Bolvar has a bit of an unholy vibe to him mainly because of his color. Obviously Arthas was frost.

Will there be a third lich king/queen with a blood theme?
08/27/2018 03:49 AMPosted by Xanatas
I haven't heard anything about or from Bolvar since the beginning of legion.

His daughter just introduced herself to Anduin as the daughter of Bolvar Fordragon. Something smells lichy.
08/27/2018 04:27 AMPosted by Zelgardis
08/27/2018 04:07 AMPosted by Andros
Bolvar will become the half-mad anti-hero that Arthas was meant to be.

There is no Bolvar, there was no arthas, there is only Ner’zhul the lich king.

Both of them are really just husks for the lich king to occupy, nothing more.

Ner'zhul is gone arthas destroyed him in the years between frozen throne and wrath..blizzard said the events of wrath were all arthas
08/27/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Andrin

Ner'zhul is gone arthas destroyed him in the years between frozen throne and wrath..blizzard said the events of wrath were all arthas

No.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg7rohqlDm8

For those who claim that arthas somehow melded with the lich king or destroyed him, Tichondrius explained to arthas that frostmourne was designed to take souls and arthas own soul was its first victim, that is why he feels no remorse for killing his father.

Arthas was a husk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5QI-qgKO2HQ

Prior to the battle with illidan, the lich king communicates with arthas with a vision, telling him of his plan, ner’zhul as someone with the power to see in to the future, do you think he set his grand plan in to motion just for arthas to destroy him?

Here is something else for you to think about, arthas body never “died”, as far as the game is concerned, neither has Bolvar, it was interesting to me that the lich king did not turn Bolvar in to an undead like Saurfang junior.

Maybe this is an indication that the lich king requires a living body to host his spirit?

Is there any thing that says arthas destroyed the lich king?
08/27/2018 03:53 AMPosted by Nzhuv
I'm already salivating over what the reveal cinematic will look like.

Just imagine that cinematic, some Heroes fighting again Old God stuff, they are losing, then a boot with skulls steps the floor, the camera starts to rise, its Bolvar, raising his hands, tons of undead rising and marching behind him to fight the Old God minions.

World of Warcraft Logo.
08/27/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Zelgardis

No.

For those who claim that arthas somehow melded with the lich king or destroyed him, Tichondrius explained to arthas that frostmourne was designed to take souls and arthas own soul was its first victim, that is why he feels no remorse for killing his father.

Arthas was a husk.

Prior to the battle with illidan, the lich king communicates with arthas with a vision, telling him of his plan, ner’zhul as someone with the power to see in to the future, do you think he set his grand plan in to motion just for arthas to destroy him?

Here is something else for you to think about, arthas body never “died”, as far as the game is concerned, neither has Bolvar, it was interesting to me that the lich king did not turn Bolvar in to an undead like Saurfang junior.

Maybe this is an indication that the lich king requires a living body to host his spirit?

Arthas couldn't raise Bolvar. He was sealed by the dragonfire at Wrathgate. He explains that to Fordring before he puts the helm on.
08/27/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Zelgardis

No.

Arthas was a husk.

It's in the 3rd Chronicles. Blizzard clearly spells out that Arthas & Ner'zhul fight to be the dominant personality, and Arthas destroys Ner'zhuls mind. From the 3rd Chronicles:

"The two beings (Arthas and Ner'zhul) went to war for permanent control of the Lich King's power.

Ner'zhul had the initial advantage, for he had lived with this power far longer than Arthas had. But Arthas was prideful, stubborn, and determined. He found the single weakness in Ner'zhul's soul: the lingering guilt over his unwitting role in enslaving the orc race to the Burning Legion...Through force of will, Arthas clawed his way through the orc's mental wounds and tore apart Ner'zhul's mind...Not only did Arthas drown him in his guilt, but he deliberately snapped the bonds of his sanity, causing the orc to spiral further and further into despair."