Blue response to scaling: "nah it's fine"

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
these guys are killin me

they just love saying 'you think you want that, but you really don't'
Dude it really is.
I am not even high enough and I am killing everything fast.
Stop complaining.
To be fair, the post I saw, was some dude who vendored his ring and made the mob lose like, 300 health, but gave up 3% haste and 2% crit for it. I'm like, man, we should all do that, this way our moonfire had to tick one less time! Even though the secondary stats probably would have made the kill faster.

I don't know how this scaling seems so complicated to people, it's been around for a while now. We had this conversation back in legion and people unequipped items then too for the very nominal dip in health like it was some huge advantage.

It doesn't take long after hitting 120 where you get gear and the mobs aren't very threatening anymore. It makes the first few hours after hitting max level harder than it was before scaling, and that's about it.
08/27/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Hrødric
Dude it really is.
Stop complaining.

I just hit 326 and mobs are falling over looking at them. OP, I don't know what to tell you. Suck it up or log until 8.4 and catch up gear is a thing.
I'm at 338 and I'm having no problem with elite rares or 4-5 mobs as Boomkin. Mobs that I had to use defensive cds and healing for upon hitting 120 I now just tunnel. It really doesn't stay that bad for long.
I have never had an issue killing anything. And I pull 5+ things just to try and get me to sweat a little.

This is a non issue.
That's because the scaling is fine. My warrior kills things TONS faster than it did last week, and I'm much more sturdy fighting rare mobs and such. This is just some stupid bandwagon. The max level scaling is not an issue at all.

Most of the "blue posts" quoted in the original thread were back from like 7.3 or something when they did make some harsh scaling changes and quickly reverted it.
It's fine for me honestly. I think it's in a good spot.
what are people having problems killing? mobs in dungeons? or out in the world? pretty much seems the same to me from 210-333.
It's fine. Gear yourself.
It kinda is tho. I'm 331 and starting to melt everything again, and it doesn't require that much effort to get to 331.
And I'm the definition of "squishy".
It's fine really. I'm only 333 and I can solo all content outside of the 1Million HP+ Elites and instances.
08/27/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Shamageddon
Dude it really is.
Stop complaining.

I just hit 326 and mobs are falling over looking at them. OP, I don't know what to tell you. Suck it up or log until 8.4 and catch up gear is a thing.

336 killing them easily, unless ive got 7+ mobs on me because my living bomb exploded to close to one...

Also can easily solo blue quests (non elite). Mob scaling sucks until your roughly 315-320 depending in your class then its no longer an issue. My advice small pulls while doing WQ's and heroics for better gear then you wont realize its a problem.
08/27/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Zeropointt
It kinda is tho. I'm 331 and starting to melt everything again, and it doesn't require that much effort to get to 331.
And I'm the definition of "squishy".

Sadly us mages are the squishiest which is why the shield azerite traits help a ton for us in world content. Leather proficiency and higher feel it less.
git gud
I guess taking off our accessories to kill world mobs faster is how where suppose to play now, Ion said the new scaling system is working as intended apparently, so I guess its intended to take off half our gear to play properly now...
08/27/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Jjayss
what are people having problems killing? mobs in dungeons? or out in the world? pretty much seems the same to me from 210-333.

Man, I feel for you. Funny thing is my healing is fine, with partners, farming etc but when it comes to taking a snail down....17 hits is not called a "grind" anymore lol.
I like this! An entire thread of (mostly) people that get it.

Scaling is a thing. It's been a thing since mid-Legion or earlier. It was when Broken Shore dropped and everybody saw ridiculous HP pools scale up and down when equipping or unequipping rings that Blizzard realized they'd forgotten to carry a 1 somewhere and adjusted things. That was actually an issue.

This time, yes, mobs scale to have extra health as you gear up. Which, again, is not new. That is to say, world mobs scale. Dungeon/instance mobs do not, never did, and won't. And it's only their health, so although they take a couple more hits at certain thresholds where you're not doing a bunch more damage, they don't actually do any more damage. So there's a couple rough patches, for sure, but past that they're just as easy as ever and they'll get consistently easier as the expansion unfolds.

So yes, it's fine. Maybe not completely optimal because of those thresholds, but it's not the end of the world. Run another couple dungeons and that'll square you away, chum. Play the game and you'll get past the slightly difficult spot. At the very least, getting a few gear upgrades is much more fun than grinding out attunements. :P
Dude it really is.
Stop complaining.

Astral healing potions at low level heal for a truck ton, especially when paired with an astral alchemist stone.

It was broken in o-world pvp like a free lay on hands. Supposedly they nerfed 110 to 115s against 120.
What a load of cr@p in this thread. So many people lying. Ive been out in the world A LOT. I havent seen ANY instance where "mobs are literally melting from me killing them so fast!" There is NO REASON it should take all but 1 second less to kill a mob at IL 330 or more than it did when you first hit 120. To all you people saying "its fine, im melting stuff!", you are part of the problem. You shouldn't have to hit IL 330 or more just to think you can survive while out doing the monotonous world quests.
Not to mention when a certain person said "they dont hit any harder, their health just went up", that is just as big a lie as "scaling is fine, we want it to be challenging EVERY SINGLE TIME you try to go out in to the world". They don't care if it's challenging, they just want it to take more time.